Chief

Currents - The Way It Ends (2020)

114 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, The Solution said:

Why is this band so overlooked? They continue to put out solid tracks.

???

theyre one of the most hyped bands in metalcore right now

• Upvote 5

Other Releases by

YESSSSSSSSS

4 minutes ago, Coma Witch said:

???

theyre one of the most hyped bands in metalcore right now

I saw them with As I lay Dying, Phinehas, and Frost Koffin. People in the crowd were looking at them like they had no clue who they were. Everyone around me said this was the first time they heard of them. 

Strong Aoty Contender 

• Upvote 3

Sorry neighbors

• Upvote 1

Through love frequency I vibe into your scope

Assuming your parameters

Encompassed and unknown

Can't wait to dive into this album. These bois are unstoppable!

PSP JEsus.gif

This album isn't bad, I'm just disappointed. The 4 singles are easily the best songs on the album by a long shot, I'll give it another listen but I absolutely love currents and skimmed through the rest of the album and no track really grabbed me. I'm really surprised honestly. I thought this was gonna be metalcore album of the year for me. 

• Downvote 2

CURRENTS CURRENTS CURRENTS CURRENTS CURRENTS CURRENTS CURRENTS CURRENTS CURRENTS CURRENTS!!!!!! 🤘🤘🤘🤘 PURE FIRE!!!!!

The-Devil-Wears-Prada (2).jpg

I GAVE YOU EVERYTHING 

• Upvote 1

HERE. IT. IS!

My #1 most anticipated album this year and I could not be more stoked to listen to this!

• Love 1

596608895_na2020newkl.png.cf55878107374737a11284053516e96b.png

Not a Currents super fan like half this site but i liked this alot. I don't think it does anything super different but shows a whole lot of emotion and heavy riffs. I liked this more than their last album due to the shear amount of hooks riddled throughout. 

Solid 8/10. Some songs kinda just blended together and didn't stand out and Second Skin stands out in the album weirdly to me but a overall good experience back to front. 

• Upvote 3

Deadlights_-_Bathed_In_Venom_(Official_Music_Video).gif.7ce3a3ed3448ae83c213866ef79aa30e.gif

What a fucking experience... I feel unworthy of this album. 

After my first listen, I really love Kill the Ache, Origin, and Better Days.  A Flag to Wave and Monsters are still fantastic singles too.  Overall a very solid album, as expected from Currents.

• Upvote 2

The last 3 tracks on the album are probably the best the band has ever made.

I have more to say about the album, but I'm saving it for my review, which in fact I've wrote a bit more than I normally do for my reviews.

• Upvote 1

Does anyone know if this album has any guest spots or not? Just curious!

And another one that might end up being on my AOTY list. 2020 is not disappointing me in terms of music, so far.

I really like this more than their debut album, might be my favorite Currents work to date. It just has everything that a metalcore album needs - great vocals, great instrumental, a good balance between heavy and melodic...safe to say, I'm really satisfied and I might be spinning this album a lot.

Favorite songs: Kill The Ache, Let Me Leave, Origin and Better Days.

If I'm allowed to count singles, I'd also put Poverty of Self and Monsters on the list. 

I watched you burning every bridge, then blame the smoke for your eyes burning.

Jesus Christ this is fucking delicious!

It's a good album but I can't deny i'm disappointed and got bored fast. Their last EP was so dark and incredible and I expected more. 

Not much of an issue but I'll just mention that the FLAC file upload is actually M4A.

• Upvote 1

@noobtastic Yup was just about to say that myself. Tomorrow proper rips will hit at leak day so no biggy at all.

26 minutes ago, Gvmbit said:

It's a good album but I can't deny i'm disappointed and got bored fast. Their last EP was so dark and incredible and I expected more. 

Had they not put out so many singles I probably would have been a lot more disappointed, since yeah that EP was fantastic. But the singles were enough to scale back expectations, too hard to shake off that sophmoric slump vibe

@guywithamango it's an error, Better Days is not listed on the back of the CD case, but its listed everywhere else the album is listed. Not a bonus track though.

• Upvote 1

I am not going to lie. I didn't take to half the songs at first. But with additional listens, it's greatly growing on me, like a lot. If you thought some of the songs were less than what you were expecting, my suggestion is to give it another shot, maybe even shuffle the tracks like I had to, because it might be a disservice to you by leaving this out of your music collection.

• Upvote 1

welp, let's do this

Digging this ALOT. The cleans are really good and I usually can't stand cleans.

AOTY so far, for me. Incredibly good as always. Can't get enough! The cleans are so damn killer, as well! Especially this time around compared to their earlier work, which in itself was already great...Currents are too perfect.

PS: "Let Me Leave" is one of the best songs I've ever heard.

thank you! <3

3 hours ago, The Solution said:

I saw them with As I lay Dying, Phinehas, and Frost Koffin. People in the crowd were looking at them like they had no clue who they were. Everyone around me said this was the first time they heard of them. 

Happened the night I saw them with Crystal Lake, Northlane and Erra as well. But if you’re addicted to the hardcore music scene in general(like I am) you know these guys. But I agree that they haven’t left their mark as much as some other bands yet, but it’s spreading that’s for sure.

Personally I follow them since their more deathcorish/metalcore sound with their first vocalist. It was obvious right from the start they had the « it » factor to have a more than respectable success in this genre. But in terms of live performances of bands like Crystal Lake or Northlane, it cannot compare yet, they have something that is bigger than just music, their stage presence is on another level, at least for me personally. 

• Upvote 2

Damn son... I feel so happy and content people are liking this cause I want them to be massive, even more so than now. Crazy emotions throughout the album, TPIFS is dark and groovy, but this in comparison is no less. Such an amazing album. Fucking hell this years AOTY is going to be super tight with Currents, Loathe, Invent Animate, Bleed From Within, Burt Tomorrow, The Ghost Inside, Veil Of Maya, Volumes, Holding Absence, Silent Planet, Vildhjarta, BMTH. Thanks KL

• Upvote 1