fie claussell

The Ghost Inside - The Ghost Inside (2020)

140 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Ngl, I'm kinda iffy on this release. After Aftermath and Pressure Point, I was expecting a lot more. It all kinda blended together by the end. All of it was very samey.

7 hours ago, benjaminfox99 said:

@Exsanguination45 Jeremy doesn't do any of the cleans, it's all their vocalist Jonathan Vigil

I've never seen him actually sing though (music videos don't count)...and it always sounds like Jeremy haha

7 hours ago, Abob33 said:

Ngl, I'm kinda iffy on this release. After Aftermath and Pressure Point, I was expecting a lot more. It all kinda blended together by the end. All of it was very samey.

I don't necessarily disagree with this, especially after the first listen, but with more listens songs are starting to seperate themselves a bit

On the plus side, its kinda of consistent in that there's no actual bad songs...none you have to skip...it is what is...enjoyable overall

4 minutes ago, Exsanguination45 said:

I've never seen him actually sing though (music videos don't count)...and it always sounds like Jeremy haha

Cause he doesn’t sing live, he only screams live 

Screen_Shot_2020-09-04_at_7.10.32_PM.png

Really good album from a band where I haven't liked any of their past stuff.

8.5/10

Fave track: One Choice

596608895_na2020newkl.png.cf55878107374737a11284053516e96b.png

On 6/1/2020 at 1:24 PM, Alexaln said:

Oddly enough this is the first time I ever felt bad about a leak. These guys went through alot. I'm still downloading BUT WHATEVER.

very excited.

If you like it show these guys support come release day!

Pre-ordered a LP as soon as it was available.

excellent album! <3

• Upvote 1

So uhh, never really got into these dudes prior to this album. Holy shit. Quite possibly an AOTY contender right here.

PSP JEsus.gif

Such a great comeback album/story.

FLAC added!

johnny booth.gif

it's honestly better than i expected. some of the clean parts work, some don't (Overexposure chorus, especially when that unnecessary synth comes in...). i've been listening to them for 10 years now, and "dynamic" is not a word i thought i'd ever say when describing TGI's music: they've always had fairly simple song structures, with light lead guitar melodies to add emotion on top of or in between chugs, but this album actually feels fresh. yes, there's still the same chugging that they are known for, but the riffs sound modern, for lack of a better term. the mix is so much better than their previous album as well. i'm satisfied with it, but i understand people who miss the consistency of Returners / Get What You Give. 

i was never a TGI fan. Listening to this i understand that they are good musicians. But if this was under any other band name, it wouldn't be getting half the appraise it is.

Still good. Maybe i'm just missing something.

• Upvote 2

Deadlights_-_Bathed_In_Venom_(Official_Music_Video).gif.7ce3a3ed3448ae83c213866ef79aa30e.gif

This is probably the best metalcore record to come out this year. Definitely an AOTY contender for me. Holy shit! They pulled through hard!

51 minutes ago, darkmatter2016 said:

This is probably the best metalcore record to come out this year. Definitely an AOTY contender for me. Holy shit! They pulled through hard!

The Death of Me > The Ghost Inside for AOTY in Metalcore. 

Just my opinion ! 

Really great album, but im glad I never bought it. I almost did, until they pulled a stupid publicity stunt on their own release day. Giving in to the internet is such a fucked move. Forgive and forget. 6 years ago, that a lot of time for a person to change. Fuck supporting them now.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 3

5 minutes ago, Nyeusi said:

Really great album, but im glad I never bought it. I almost did, until they pulled a stupid publicity stunt on their own release day. Giving in to the internet is such a fucked move. Forgive and forget. 6 years ago, that a lot of time for a person to change. Fuck supporting them now.

You just stole worst comment on the thread 

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Nyeusi said:

You realise what cancel culture is right they wouldn’t have stopped just be thankful the band is still a thing and move on. Stop stirring the pot and rehashing shit and move on I felt bad too believe me, Jim is one of the more humble people in the industry but with everything going on atm people were not going to let that fly at all.

• Upvote 1

Screen_Shot_2020-09-04_at_7.10.32_PM.png

1 hour ago, Nyeusi said:

Favorite Artist: As I Lay Dying

checks out.

• Upvote 1

WYv5vZr.gif

meh, pretty boring in my opinion

5 hours ago, Nyeusi said:

You should reconsider supporting a guy who hired a hitman to kill his wife, bruh

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1