Sign in to follow this  
Michael

Make Them Suffer - Soul Decay (Single) (2020)

33 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

MTS are back \m/ \m/

• Haha 1

This song sucks lol. Go ahead and downvote me but god damn I was expecting it to be way better 

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Coma Witch said:

This song sucks lol. Go ahead and downvote me but god damn I was expecting it to be way better 

Yeah... it's super formulaic and boring. By their standards, this is really bad. I tried to keep an open mind after not liking it the first time, but after two more listens, it's just not good.

• Upvote 1

Wow cool!! Banger alert mode on!!!!

• Downvote 3

Song is a bit less than okay, but didn't miss the female vox at all 

• Downvote 1

So this album was originally scheduled for a June 5th release, then got pushed back to July 24th.

Tbh I reckon its because they didn't want to go up against TGI....

• Upvote 1

If you enjoy the basics of metalcore, or just want a simple song that doesn't take any risks, this is for you. But, if you expect something beyond a generic "stick to what works" song, this is not it. Plays it safe, doesn't bring anything astonishing or even new to the table, just sounds like a tribute to the thousand other songs that sound exactly like this. 

• Upvote 2

Honestly, what a filler.
The vocals in the chorus are cool though

I like it a lot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, totally understand why its not liked though.

• Upvote 1

http://www.facebook.com/DosesNJ

New Self Titled EP out now on all streaming platforms!
http://linktr.ee/Doses

im really not liking the trend of this album of using the main riff as a breakdown without an variance whatsoever, takes literally ALL of the oomph out of it 

really liked erase me, but rn they're only 1 for 3. this is not great.

• Upvote 2

i mean...you know..it's..you know.. yea.. the main riff is cool though.

• Haha 1

If MTS turns out anything like Polaris this year, it's that I'm loving the singles but will be absolutely let down by the album while everyone else shouts AOTY at it. Hope the full length really pulls through because I really do like the singles so far.

• Upvote 1

ezgif.com-crop.gif.d2fdfed799787d887a493e0c1688cea8.gif

Well, I personally thought it was pretty (Insert whichever opinion gets me upvotes). 

• Haha 6

Not as exciting as the other singles but you guys are wrong, it’s till a good somg

• Upvote 1

Damn, I love how big everything sounds in this track. Chorus had me losing my mind when it kicked in. Absolutely love this track.

• Upvote 1

Banger song!

I get that it's generic in structure but the song still packs so much kick and rawness that im loving it. This album is going to be B I G 

• Upvote 1

Deadlights_-_Bathed_In_Venom_(Official_Music_Video).gif.7ce3a3ed3448ae83c213866ef79aa30e.gif

I can understand why people aren't feeling this, and yeah, It doesn't really hold up to their previous work. I still like it a lot though. Still one my most looked forward to albums this year.

Hollow heart was heavy as all hell. All these singles have been a huge letdown. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Exsanguination45 said:

So this album was originally scheduled for a June 5th release, then got pushed back to July 24th.

Tbh I reckon its because they didn't want to go up against TGI....

I think it's because they want to tour on the album when they release it. And with the virus situation, that would be pretty hard to do in June. Not sure if July is gonna be any better tho. 

Hi. 

Song is fun but it’s basic as fuck.

3 hours ago, Coma Witch said:

This man speaks the true true

• Upvote 1

Definitely nothing new here, but I like it for what it is: a fun mindless song aiming for radio play. I doubt the rest of the album will be like it, bands have gotta pick singles with the most broad appeal 

God, it's just so disappointing. They've been a creative band since the beginning, and usually when they do basic, generic songs like this, they do something to make themselves stand out. Usually their quality is just so much higher than the standard metalcore sets. But this is just trash. Lost in a sea of mediocrity. 

Personally, I think they peaked with Old Souls, and this new album will probably be their weakest in the lineup for me, but nonetheless I'm still gonna enjoy it. This single doesn't hold a flame to any of their previous work, but honestly bands let me down all the time, I gotta stop having expectations and just listen to things that I enjoy. 

39 minutes ago, Scotty_Trees said:

Personally, I think they peaked with Old Souls, and this new album will probably be their weakest in the lineup for me, but nonetheless I'm still gonna enjoy it. This single doesn't hold a flame to any of their previous work, but honestly bands let me down all the time, I gotta stop having expectations and just listen to things that I enjoy. 

Completely disagree about their peak. Worlds Apart was a amazing. This coming from dude who has been into them since they first started. 

This is for sure on the more generic side of things, ( by their standard ) but it’s still very good. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, OrcaSmuggler said:

Completely disagree about their peak. Worlds Apart was a amazing. This coming from dude who has been into them since they first started. 

This is for sure on the more generic side of things, ( by their standard ) but it’s still very good. 

It's totally okay to disagree man. I was going through a lot of shit in life when Old Souls came out, so I identified and felt a lot of raw emotions when I was playing it. It's all about what music does for us during certain parts of our lives and how we interpret everything. All their albums have been great, but Old Souls came out during a very significant part of my life and nothings going to change that. Let Me In is always going to get me. Worlds Apart is still a great album too no doubt you're not wrong. 27 and Hallowed Heart are both amazing singles and they came out after Worlds Apart, so we know they still have plenty of talent to show.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Swanny said:

I get that it's generic in structure but the song still packs so much kick and rawness that im loving it. This album is going to be B I G 

Exactly how I feel. I do expect better from the non-singles though.

• Upvote 1

The purest, non-conformist jaded subhuman terrorist.

I share the sentiment with most of the thread. Weird how crazy good most of Worlds Apart was and how fucking fierce Hollowed Heart was but somehow these singles are all lacking something or just feel extremely formulaic. Crazy how this is somehow the weakest single even without Booka doing the cleans. Legit hope the last 7 tracks are considerably better. For how creative and experimental Worlds Apart was for them, I expected the new shit to be even better but the current trajectory they're going might show the exact opposite.

• Upvote 1

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif