Sign in to follow this  
Cosmic Reaper

Crossfaith - SPECIES [EP] (2020)

16 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

kawaii

It was ok. First song was the best one, third has awful chorus and last 2 weren't very memorable but ok

I could never really quite get into these guys before, I'd always give them a try, but it'd never stick. However this new EP for whatever reason I really like this youtube "Endorphin" single!! Gonna definitely give this EP a solid listen.

Like Endorphin nothing else but it was good yeah!!!!!!

Wish they'd do more of those low screams like on Endorphin. Still, pretty generic band all things considered, feel like they never realised their potential.

1 minute ago, InsidAero said:

Wish they'd do more of those low screams like on Endorphin. Still, pretty generic band all things considered, feel like they never realised their potential.

I agree with the potential thing. They're easily one of my favorite bands still, but they're super hit or miss and love experimenting with different shit.  I definitely wouldn't say they are generic though.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Crossfire said:

I agree with the potential thing. They're easily one of my favorite bands still, but they're super hit or miss and love experimenting with different shit.  I definitely wouldn't say they are generic though.

When I say generic I'm mostly referring to their vocals and their riffs at times, to be fair. Their incorporation of electronic music is usually where they shine, but it doesn't lift them above other bands on its own, hence my comment on their potential. 

Its okay, they're pretty hit or miss for me. But I miss songs like Vermillion Gold, that shit was gasssooooliiiinnnneeeee

http://www.facebook.com/DosesNJ

New song "Glass Crown" out now!
http://linktr.ee/Doses

The moment when an EP of leftovers that didn't make it to their album is better than many songs of their actual LP

After giving it a few spins, I think it's actually pretty decent. Nothing ground breaking or creative overall, just songs ranging from decent to pretty solid. Very happy with the amount of heavy. I'll happily put most of this EP in my regular rotation.

Highlights are Endorphin and Your Song for me... that fourth song is just... interesting tho lol.

4 hours ago, InsidAero said:

When I say generic I'm mostly referring to their vocals and their riffs at times, to be fair. Their incorporation of electronic music is usually where they shine, but it doesn't lift them above other bands on its own, hence my comment on their potential. 

Yeah I think that's fair, I can agree with that. There's a decent amount of aspects about their writing that has become more stale and generic over the years for sure. Their early stuff was much more creative for both lyrics and songwriting.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Crossfire said:

After giving it a few spins, I think it's actually pretty decent. Nothing ground breaking or creative overall, just songs ranging from decent to pretty solid. Very happy with the amount of heavy. I'll happily put most of this EP in my regular rotation.

Highlights are Endorphin and Your Song for me... that fourth song is just... interesting tho lol.

Yeah I think that's fair, I can agree with that. There's a decent amount of aspects about their writing that has become more stale and generic over the years for sure. Their early stuff was much more creative for both lyrics and songwriting.

Talking about the sound, this EP is probably the most refreshing stuff they released since Xeno, but going to the lyrics yeah, i feel they went a bit static, but at least for me, all these latest songs are more like hype songs (like Kill Them All, Hounds of the Apocalyze, etc.) than "lyric" songs (like Scarlett, Counting Stars, S.O.S, etc.).

Edit. I just saw your adding on the "(old) TDG" i laughed the shit out of me

Thanks

I didn't really enjoy anything they put out after Apocalyze, but judging from the single this is gonna be pretty damn good.

This EP is way better than previous stuff they have released. Finally a Crossfaith release I do enjoy. "None of your Business" is just filthy as fuck.