Summers

The 1975 - Notes on a Conditional Form (2020)

69 posts in this topic

Sublime record. The only issue I have is that a lot of the songs seem to end a tad abruptly which gives them a tinge of an underwhelming feeling. I mean, most tracks on ILIWYS are hitting the five and six minute mark where as here they often aren't even hitting four minutes. That said, the second half of this record is pretty much exactly what I wanted and has some of their best tracks to date. Having No Head is the spiritual successor to ILIWYS (the song) that I've always wanted. The order of the songs is a bit incongruous but it's not that big of a deal for me, whereas others seem to take serious issue with it. Overall very happy with this release, though. With time I could easily see this taking a definitive #2 spot in their discography; for now it sits very closely behind, if not tied with, ABIIOR.

i am a pure juicer kingdom leaks user

Other Releases by

Is it just me or does the leak of the album have the track, People, skip a little a couple of times around the 1min 28 mark??

• Upvote 1

Listened last night. I prefer ABIIOR a whole lot more (still haven't heard their 2 albums before that one) and this is really weak but if I'm being honest I did not feel the length AT ALL. That was a suprise.

So yeah 5.5/10. Might grow on me but I'm not too sure.

this album is great, follows a theme all the way through, it's pretty much exactly what I hoped for, which was songs to drink alone in my room too. Good job. :)

Melonposting

20200608_180043.png

I've now listened to this album more than any other released this year except Music to be Murdered by. I really do love it. They're going to have to fight to the death for my AOTY (although in reality obviously Eminem would kick the shit out of all 4 of the 1975 by himself lol). 

• Haha 1

On 6/15/2020 at 4:46 PM, herrlosse said:

I've now listened to this album more than any other released this year except Music to be Murdered by. I really do love it. They're going to have to fight to the death for my AOTY (although in reality obviously Eminem would kick the shit out of all 4 of the 1975 by himself lol). 

Hi there,

I don't know what your music taste is like but have you also heard albums by Caribou, Cornershop, The Courteeners, Dua Lipa, J Hus, Jessie Reyez, Rina Sawayama and Run The Jewels all from this year too? They're all so great!! I actually love Music To Be Murdered By as well, prefer it over The 1975 album, to be honest, but that is also really good!

Next album I'm looking forward to is Bob Dylan :-)

8 hours ago, ZKC100 said:

I don't know what your music taste is like but have you also heard albums by Caribou, Cornershop, The Courteeners, Dua Lipa, J Hus, Jessie Reyez, Rina Sawayama and Run The Jewels all from this year too? They're all so great!! I actually love Music To Be Murdered By as well, prefer it over The 1975 album, to be honest, but that is also really good!

Hey there, I like pretty much all genres.. it just depends on specific bands and songs and if I like them. Of those you mentioned I've heard the Courtenners, Dua Lipa and J Hus's album, I have the RTJ album but just haven't listened yet. I'll get the other 4 and get back to you on what I think but of the ones I've heard I still maintain my previous feelings haha sorry. 

Edit: Oh I also dig the Kelsea Ballerini album

Edited by herrlosse
adding a few words

20 hours ago, herrlosse said:

Hey there, I like pretty much all genres.. it just depends on specific bands and songs and if I like them. Of those you mentioned I've heard the Courtenners, Dua Lipa and J Hus's album, I have the RTJ album but just haven't listened yet. I'll get the other 4 and get back to you on what I think but of the ones I've heard I still maintain my previous feelings haha sorry. 

Edit: Oh I also dig the Kelsea Ballerini album

Great. Look forward to hearing what you think of the others. My fave track off RTJ4 is Ju$t - good on so many levels!