Summers

The 1975 - Notes on a Conditional Form (2020)

69 posts in this topic

sounds more shoegaze-y/pinegrove-y which i'm digging a lot more than the last album

• Upvote 1

Other Releases by

1 hour ago, neebnoob18 said:

he did that?

Yes sir,for most of them at least 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, why'dyouhavetoleaknoacf said:

DELETE THIS RIGHT NOW YOU DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH EFFORT THE BAND PUTS IN THEIR RECORDS TAKE THIS DOWN NOW FOR FUCK'S SAKE

GO WAIT FOR THE ALBUM TO BE RELEASED AND STREAM IT ON SPOTIFY AND APPLE MUSIC YOU WEAK SHITS

My man just got a ridiculous amount of KL clout on his first comment on site. Smh, you know how hard we work to post interesting comments to gain worthless attention? Mad jealous of this right now.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3

this album is absolutely gorgeous from start to finish 

so many of the songs towards the tail end of the record are so tripped out and fucking weird but it's all so beautiful and well-composed 

this might actually top ABIIOR for me (my previous fav), it may be extremely long but it certainly doesn't feel like it, i was just straight vibin 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, theblackswan35 said:

Wonder if this actually is someone from the band? Very odd to create an account with that name just as a fan of the band.

Matt Healy has nothing better to do during those long hours in lockdown than troll this board! (He went on to Reddit to pick arguments with people who hate the band!)

Are there any punkier tracks on the rest of the album like People?

I rdy 😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎

36 minutes ago, jamyjet said:

Are there any punkier tracks on the rest of the album like People?

it's actually the only song that sounds like that on this record 

a majority of it is house and techno inspired or 90s indie band influenced, with ambient electronic instrumentals and lowkey acoustic tracks

klsig.png.729dbece4a6cd4d8ccf4d56b60aa08e2.png

4 hours ago, Tzeromus said:

Yes sir,for most of them at least 

Proof? I like Jarrod but I'd love to see this lol. 

*extremely adam sandler voice* holy shit im gonna cum

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

After the first listen, I feel like this might just be able to surpass "I like it when you sleep...." as their best album, I really dig the Lo-Fi vibe of some of the songs on the album, namely Nothing Revealed/Everything Denied. Will give it a few more listens before I decide but this is definitely feeling like a 9/10 for me at the moment, totally worth the long wait.

The stand out tracks for me (besides the singles) are Nothing Revealed/Everything Denied, Tonight (I Wish I Was Your Boy), What Should I Say

Oh man, it's fucking good. It's really fucking good. More mellow than I wanted, but still fantastic.

17 hours ago, why'dyouhavetoleaknoacf said:

DELETE THIS RIGHT NOW YOU DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH EFFORT THE BAND PUTS IN THEIR RECORDS TAKE THIS DOWN NOW FOR FUCK'S SAKE

GO WAIT FOR THE ALBUM TO BE RELEASED AND STREAM IT ON SPOTIFY AND APPLE MUSIC YOU WEAK SHITS

Is this the most laughed at comment on this site?

• Haha 1

Is anyone else's People file jumping a couple times just before the 1:30 mark? Or do I just need to try download again?

Either way, album rules, my favourites are The Birthday Party, Yeah I Know, I Think etc, If You're Too Shy, and Having No Head, thanks KL!

My patience with this band’s records grows thinner by the release, and this one is no exception. I have yet to hear an album from this band that I can bear to listen to from start to finish more than once.

I mean seriously, half these tracks don’t need to be on here; the Greta Thunberg track is just awful garbage and there seems to be endless amounts of orchestral interludes that are supposed to enjoyed, more than once? And then it slugs on for an insufferably long time with filler tracks. On the surface these tracks give off this vibe of being “deep” tracks as if Matty has these all-important statements that we should all hear, but in reality they’re really generic and seem to make endless references about "things." 

The first half was really tough to get through; to my delight the second half was much better.

Don’t get me wrong, when the The 1975 are good, they’re REALLY good. Me & You Together Song has been on repeat since it released. Same with If You’re Too Shy and Frail State. I admire the heck out of this band. Unfortunately, for me, they’re not in the business of making cohesive, memorable albums that I’d play all the way through again.

This release has been described as "self-important." I would probably agree. Cut this album in half and it would do twice as much damage. But alas, we sit through another behemoth.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

FEATURED ALBUM • THE COLOURIST // SELF-TITLED • Indie Rock
DOWNLOAD

3 minutes ago, mR12 said:

My patience with this band’s records grows thinner by the release, and this one no exception.  I have yet to hear an album from this band that I can bear to listen to from start to finish more than once.

I mean seriously, half these tracks don’t need to be on here; the Greta Thunberg track is just awful garbage and there seems to be endless amounts of orchestral interludes that are supposed to enjoyed, more than once? And then it slugs on for an insufferably long time with filler tracks. On the surface these tracks give off this vibe of being “deep” tracks as if Matty has these all-important statements that we should all hear, but in reality they’re really generic and seem to make endless references about "things." 

The first half was really tough to get through; to my delight the second half was much better.

Don’t get me wrong, when the The 1975 are good, they’re REALLY good. Me & You Together Song has been on repeat since it released. Same with If You’re Too Shy and Frail State. I admire the heck out of this band. Unfortunately, for me, they’re not in the business of making cohesive, memorable albums that’d I’d play all the way through again.

This release has been described as "self-important." I would probably agree. Cut this album in half and it would do twice as much damage. But alas, we sit through another behemoth.

Honestly they'd be better off releasing EP's every few months than releasing albums with 50 interludes.

• Upvote 1

i honestly don't see myself coming back to any of the songs off of this that weren't singles except maybe roadkill, it seems like they reaaaally wanted to make house music this time around which is cool and good, just definitely not for me

• Upvote 1

@why'dyouhavetoleaknoacf I've pirated albums with a lot more effort put into it than this.  I don't give a shit about The 1975, but I'll make sure to download the leak and never touch it on any other services just for you.

Thanks

1 hour ago, mR12 said:

My patience with this band’s records grows thinner by the release, and this one is no exception. I have yet to hear an album from this band that I can bear to listen to from start to finish more than once.

Don’t get me wrong, when the The 1975 are good, they’re REALLY good. Me & You Together Song has been on repeat since it released. Same with If You’re Too Shy and Frail State. I admire the heck out of this band. Unfortunately, for me, they’re not in the business of making cohesive, memorable albums that I’d play all the way through again.

This is exactly what I thought while listening. If this record (and everything they've ever done, actually) was cut to 12 tracks it would've been an incredible one, but it's full of filler, useless tracks that make it difficult to listen from start to finish. I mean, I don't know if there's something that I'm missing out, but it doesn't seem something brilliant to me - it seems something pretentious. 

Anyway, the singles are great and those three songs before Guys are the non-singles that I'm liking the most. I appreciate the techno/idm experiments but they get a bit stale to me.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, willzor said:

Is anyone else's People file jumping a couple times just before the 1:30 mark? Or do I just need to try download again?

Either way, album rules, my favourites are The Birthday Party, Yeah I Know, I Think etc, If You're Too Shy, and Having No Head, thanks KL!

The skip is an issue with this CD rip. Hoping to grab a new download tomorrow. 

Wew. This ain't even the Deluxe Edition yet but it already has 22 tracks. What about the actual Deluxe Edition, 30 tracks? :lol:

• Upvote 1

new-found-glory-5526e868e475d.jpg.4666ddca08d649534ea07741f15dfc07.jpg

3 hours ago, zeheljeff said:

Wew. This ain't even the Deluxe Edition yet but it already has 22 tracks. What about the actual Deluxe Edition, 30 tracks? :lol:

There Will likely be a box set with this album and A Brief Inquiry Into Online Relationships according to the band manager. That makes a total of 37 songs lol plus anything else they put with it😂

14 hours ago, nipplecereal said:

The skip is an issue with this CD rip. Hoping to grab a new download tomorrow. 

This version doesn't have the skip

• Upvote 1

320 and FLAC added!

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Nick K said:

There Will likely be a box set with this album and A Brief Inquiry Into Online Relationships according to the band manager. That makes a total of 37 songs lol plus anything else they put with it😂

The heck? If that's true they're literally releasing like almost 4 albums for 1. Are they going somewhere? 😂😂

new-found-glory-5526e868e475d.jpg.4666ddca08d649534ea07741f15dfc07.jpg

@Summers just wondering, are you or 967-EVIL gonna update this with the apple music deluxe edition? it just adds a "making of" film and i know y'all usually don't do video uploads but i thought i'd ask if it's in the plans for this post

klsig.png.729dbece4a6cd4d8ccf4d56b60aa08e2.png

2 hours ago, Cornchip said:

@Summers just wondering, are you or 967-EVIL gonna update this with the apple music deluxe edition? it just adds a "making of" film and i know y'all usually don't do video uploads but i thought i'd ask if it's in the plans for this post

We can add the making of film if it's submitted as a separate post.

• Love 1

FEATURED ALBUM • THE COLOURIST // SELF-TITLED • Indie Rock
DOWNLOAD

I've been in love with this band for ages...

Nah.