Summers

The 1975 - Notes on a Conditional Form (2020)

64 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

lol they delayed like 5 times or so and yet it still leaked 2 days before

gonna wait for Friday to listen to it, kinda excited even though most of the singles I've heard (didn't hear most of them) were pretty underwhelming

• Upvote 1

Gonna download now gonna listen Friday excited to see how this is considering the varying genres between singles :)

OH FUCK YES you already know I'mma type up a novella on this one THANK YOU

• Upvote 1

"I had a dream I got everything I wanted; and if I'm being honest, it might have been a nightmare."

Tuesday morning happiness has officially began! 

WAKEUPWAKEUPWAKEUP IT'S TUESDAY MORNING

• Upvote 6

7 minutes ago, why'dyouhavetoleaknoacf said:

DELETE THIS RIGHT NOW YOU DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH EFFORT THE BAND PUTS IN THEIR RECORDS TAKE THIS DOWN NOW FOR FUCK'S SAKE

GO WAIT FOR THE ALBUM TO BE RELEASED AND STREAM IT ON SPOTIFY AND APPLE MUSIC YOU WEAK SHITS

lmao.

Anyway, on first listen I'm gonna say that this is my favorite album by these guys so far. The house-inspired songs (i.e. Yeah I Know, Having No Head, What Should I Say, etc.) are absolutely the strongest on the album and I unironically think that if they made an album of just house music it would be my AOTY. That's not to say that the other songs are bad, Nothing Revealed and Then Because She Goes are definitely the two non-single standouts save for the house tracks to my mind.

I guess it's weird because I used to be a sucker for the more minimalist and acoustic songs the band did but on this album they're the least immediate and interesting songs around, between the really nice 90's vibe on songs like Guys and the house tracks I just feel like the acoustic and low-key songs are just done way better by artists like Bon Iver or Sufjan Stevens. Still, absolutely think this album is like... an 8/10, maybe a 9/10 after I give it a few more listens; I'm just so shocked that the whole thing doesn't feel bloated or too long, the length just works.

• Upvote 1

Really strange album but on first listen I like it a lot more than the previous one. Its definitely going to take a lot of listens before I can fully appreciate everything. They definitely delivered their promise of this album being a UK nighttime/Burial inspired album, and I'm really happy about that. 

I don't think anything will ever top ILIWYS for me, but I'm really happy with this album and the fact that they've heavily expanded upon the electronic elements from ABIIOR (imo the best parts of that album).

By far my favourite non-metal band at the moment.

• Upvote 2

why the fuck is this album 22 songs?

27 minutes ago, why'dyouhavetoleaknoacf said:

DELETE THIS RIGHT NOW YOU DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH EFFORT THE BAND PUTS IN THEIR RECORDS TAKE THIS DOWN NOW FOR FUCK'S SAKE

GO WAIT FOR THE ALBUM TO BE RELEASED AND STREAM IT ON SPOTIFY AND APPLE MUSIC YOU WEAK SHITS

LMAO

• Upvote 1

Through love frequency I vibe into your scope

Assuming your parameters

Encompassed and unknown

1 hour ago, why'dyouhavetoleaknoacf said:

imagine creating a fucking account for this lmao

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

What are you a 10 year old fan boy? Oh and I forgot other bands don’t put in effort to their releases.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 3
  • Haha 2

Another masterpiece. 🙏

• Upvote 1

This is funnier than when jarrod alonge used to have a meltdown on Facebook whenever stuff of his would leak on here 

2 hours ago, why'dyouhavetoleaknoacf said:

Do you know what website you're on?

• Upvote 3
  • Love 3
  • Haha 2

zamn bro why would I do that when it’s right here tho 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8

dude, I had a dream last night that this leaked on rapidshare lmao and now I literally just woke up to find this had actually leaked, but on KL, nice

• Haha 1

EFo5Hj3XoAAmas3.jpg

I've been so hyped for this!! Yasssss 🔥🔥

180BCA34-40C8-41BB-B7A9-9D29E389D1E0.jpeg

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

EFo5Hj3XoAAmas3.jpg

3 hours ago, why'dyouhavetoleaknoacf said:

Wonder if this actually is someone from the band? Very odd to create an account with that name just as a fan of the band.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, theblackswan35 said:

Wonder if this actually is someone from the band? Very odd to create an account with that name just as a fan of the band.

nah it seems reasonable that it'd just be a 13 year old stan

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Maximo said:

nah it seems reasonable that it'd just be a 13 year old stan

I totally agree but isn't this band known to have a larger than life ego like they are the second coming christ?

1 hour ago, dewey duck said:

dude, I had a dream last night that this leaked on rapidshare

Damn now you brought me back.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, why'dyouhavetoleaknoacf said:

This was the wake-up call I needed. I will no longer get music from the internet and vow to pay for....hahahaha. I can't even continue...

Thanks for the leak!

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Joseph said:

The greatest band of the last decade begins their march to become the greatest band of this decade 

People didn't want to hear this but it's 100% true. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

I enjoyed their early work quite a bit, but I thought A Brief Inquiry.. was pretty inconsistent. Hoping I'll like this one more.

NOACF is definitely much better than ABIIOR. The second half of the record is flawless! Favorite track - Tonight (I Wish I Was Your Boy)

4 hours ago, Tzeromus said:

This is funnier than when jarrod alonge used to have a meltdown on Facebook whenever stuff of his would leak on here 

he did that?

can someone please send me the file through whatsapp?? can't download it 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1