InsidAero

Caleb Landry Jones - The Mother Stone (2020)

9 posts in this topic

600x600bb.jpg

Release - May 1, 2020
Genre - Art Rock, Baroque Pop, Progressive Pop, Cabaret, Vaudeville
Quality - MP3, 320 kbps CBR

Tracklist:

01. Flag Day / The Mother Stone (7:32)
02. You're So Wonderfull (7:58)
03. I Dig Your Dog (4:12)
04. Katya (4:19)
05. All I Am in You / The Big Worm (3:24)
06. No Where's Where Nothing's Died (2:17)
07. Licking the Days (6:04)
08. For the Longest Time (4:41)
09. The Hodge - Podge Porridge Poke (2:14)
10. I Want to Love You (5:23)
11. The Great I Am (2:10)
12. Lullabbey (2:45)
13. No Where's Where Nothing's Died (A Marvelous Pain) (2:53)
14. Thanks for Staying (6:28)
15. Little Planet Pig (2:52)

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

• Upvote 1

what the fuck?  How did the actor who was the best part of Get Out have time to write/compose this and do almost every instrument as well?  Jesus, almost want to hate how multi-talented he is.  This is a deadly album though, couldn't believe how solid and unique it was from someone I'd never heard of- for music at least.  Looks like it's slipped by people so far; give it a go, and berate me personally and scathingly if you don't at least like a handful of songs, especially towards the last third of the album.

Great share, great find, thanks.

• Love 1

27 minutes ago, bvn said:

what the fuck?  How did the actor who was the best part of Get Out have time to write/compose this and do almost every instrument as well?  Jesus, almost want to hate how multi-talented he is.  This is a deadly album though, couldn't believe how solid and unique it was from someone I'd never heard of- for music at least.  Looks like it's slipped by people so far; give it a go, and berate me personally and scathingly if you don't at least like a handful of songs, especially towards the last third of the album.

Great share, great find, thanks.

Couldn't have said it better myself haha.

When I see the Sacred Bones Records watermark I know I will either love or hate the artist. The artwork to this is fucking atrocious but the preview track sold me to check this out lol.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

@InsidAero thanks for the upload and shill on the Pick section, I really enjoyed this, I thought it might be a bit much at first with the 65 min runtime but after a while I just enjoyed most thrown at me. Very cool sound, surprised that a fairly relevant actor actually did this all on his own, talented fucking bloke.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

12 hours ago, desk said:

@InsidAero thanks for the upload and shill on the Pick section, I really enjoyed this, I thought it might be a bit much at first with the 65 min runtime but after a while I just enjoyed most thrown at me. Very cool sound, surprised that a fairly relevant actor actually did this all on his own, talented fucking bloke.

Glad you liked it mate. It really shocked me -- this kinda just came out of nowhere from one of my favourite recent actors. I saw he put out some music and was curious as to what it would sound like, I really didn't expect anything this good nor this creative as most actor-turned-musician endeavours don't turn out well.

I hope he continues to pursue both music and acting, clearly the guy has some crazy innate talent.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, desk said:

When I see the Sacred Bones Records watermark I know I will either love or hate the artist. The artwork to this is fucking atrocious but the preview track sold me to check this out lol.

yeah that artwork didnt sell it for me, then listened the single and here I am AMAZED

• Upvote 2

Not for me but thanks for the recommendation. I enjoy checking out something different even if it's not a match. I would recommend this to someone who would be interested in a mix between Ween and The Beatles.

This is really good! Can't wait to listen to the whole thing. I get a Beatles vibe.....anyone else?