Rorschach

Misery Signals - The Tempest [Single] (2020)

29 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Thanks!!!

This is a great return, even tho at parts it is so similar to newer ABR for me lol.

• Upvote 1

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

Oh look! that Counterparts cover band came back!

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 4

21212.png.6abc7bb7d412721e52435cc2800679ba.png

1 hour ago, BERO said:

Oh look! that Counterparts cover band came back!

I can't tell if you're joking. You know it's the other way around right? Please tell me you know it's the other way around.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Thatoneguy335 said:

I can't tell if you're joking. You know it's the other way around right? Please tell me you know it's the other way around.

https://kingdom-leaks.com/index.php?/forums/topic/32869-misery-signals-discography-2004-2013/&tab=comments#comment-206172

• Haha 2

21212.png.6abc7bb7d412721e52435cc2800679ba.png

This is really underwhelming. They've been away for so long and I wanted them to come back with a single that knocked my on my ass. This isn't bad but it certainly doesn't have secret sauce to push it past "good."

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Jesse sounds great but musically very boring

• Upvote 3

tumblr_mb34zsMLZ51r74zpdo1_500.gif

1 minute ago, DisturbedOne said:

Karl sounds great but musically very boring

Karl is gone my dude. Their original vocalist is back.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Thatoneguy335 said:

Just goes to show how long its been since ive heard literally any news about them

5 minutes ago, Thatoneguy335 said:

He sounds very similar to him also

I'll have to listen a couple more times, Misery Signals has always been one of my favorite metalcore band. Their last album didn't hook me as much, but it was still good.This new song is far from being bad. 

Also I agree that Jesse sounds very similar to Karl on this track.

• Upvote 1

deep down i know that nothing will live up to my expectations. musically they've changed and aren't sounding like the band that wrote Of Malice. I've always wondered what Mirrors would have sounded like with Jesse doing vocals, because musically it was fantastic. karl was so "one note" as a vocalist even though Controller was a beast of an album. Absent Light was also good, but underwhelming. 

this is a cool track, but not at all what i was hoping for with the reunion of the original lineup. excited for the album nonetheless.

3 hours ago, desk said:

This is a great return, even tho at parts it is so similar to newer ABR for me lol.

Couldn't agree more, some parts got some strong Jake Luhrs vibes

Instru is a bit underwhelming tho

Ok. I absolutely love this. Yes, it isn't their heaviest song but this was everything i've missed from this band. The nostalgia is real with this one. No one can do melodic metalcore like these guys in my opinion. 

• Upvote 1

Very stoked on this, love the mix too!

Sunlifter is apparently the first song they wrote for this record and made it onto the record - there's a version of it with Karl from 2014 from the Sunlifter/Like Yesterday [Re-recording] vinyl.....Sunlifter is a great song, very malice like.  High hopes for this album

9 tracks only too, quality>quantity hopefully? :D

1 hour ago, Nick_7621 said:

Very stoked on this, love the mix too!

Sunlifter is apparently the first song they wrote for this record and made it onto the record - there's a version of it with Karl from 2014 from the Sunlifter/Like Yesterday [Re-recording] vinyl.....Sunlifter is a great song, very malice like.  High hopes for this album

9 tracks only too, quality>quantity hopefully? :D

Dude, where did you hear the Sunlifter song? I scoured the internet high and low for years trying to buy that vinyl or hear those songs. 

8Nk56Da.jpg

16 minutes ago, Philsignals said:

I love you

• Upvote 1

8Nk56Da.jpg

Well, okay I’ve listened to this at least half a dozen times now and think I’ve come to fully appreciate this. By no means their heaviest song, the band brings back what I felt was missing on the last record: the juxtaposition of aggression and melody blended so perfectly together. Over the years Jesse’s vocals have improved immensely (then again, we only did get one full record from the guy when he was still extremely young) with a striking resemblance to Karl with what I feel is a bit more variation in tone. Instrumentally it’s nowhere near the most complex thing they’ve ever written, but considering this is the first track on the album and their first song in 7 years, I’m pretty sure they are saving the complexity and surprises for later on in the album. With that being said, the song itself is a wonderful return to form from a band that I have considered my favorite for many, many years. I anxiously await preorders tomorrow and to finally be able to unleash this beast of an album upon my ears after so many years of waiting. 

also I really don’t see any resemblance to ABR’s sound in this, but maybe I’m wrong  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Either way, MisSigs came before them, so if anything, it’s a sound they pioneered in the first place. 

-edit- maybe I’m just a boomer

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

8Nk56Da.jpg

Never listened to these guys but I didnt expect such a close sound to ABR. Sounds like a very good ABR song at least.

26 minutes ago, xcblackdiamond said:

Never listened to these guys but I didnt expect such a close sound to ABR. Sounds like a very good ABR song at least.

I'd recommend checking out Of Malice, Mirrors or Controller. I kind of get the ABR comparison on this track.... but a majority of their songs dont compare IMO

Upon first listen, I was really let down, it seemed weaker and softer than previous efforts,, but I got through the track feeling underwhelmed, and then went about my day. Fast forward  to a couple hours later, I'm giving the track a second listen and oh man am I very glad that I did because this track hits just right. Maybe it's that nostalgia feels or maybe it's having the original vocalist back (i've always liked both), but I am definitely looking forward to this album when it's released Aug 7th.

This song isn't a step forward or a step backwards for me, it's Misery Signals being right where they need to be.

• Upvote 1

Not good. Not good at all. Vocals are fine. Instruments are repetitive af. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 6

PSP JEsus.gif

I've only really listened to Controller from these guys, lots of good tunes on that record.  This feels like it wouldn't be out of place there, I dig it.

41 minutes ago, Frak The Gods said:

Not good. Not good at all. Vocals are fine. Instruments are repetitive af. 

ok moonlover 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

klsig.png.3267830764a221b632f399d63c5c2267.png

Well that was good shit!!! Lots of vibes of ABR.

The-Devil-Wears-Prada (2).jpg

Album rules. Could be longer but definitely enjoy every song. Well worth the wait. I saw them back in 2004 with jesse and it still to this day is one of my favorite shows. The drum work on this album is insane as well.

I think those who were 15-20 when of malice came out and the heyday of ferret records metalcore boom that followed will have a bigger appreciation for this.

Honestly like this song more than most of Absent Light. Would love for this album to be somewhere on the quality level of in between Of Malice And The Magnum Heart and Controller.

• Upvote 1

The purest, non-conformist jaded subhuman terrorist.