ANNOUNCEMENT: We are please to announce that @967-EVIL has been promoted to Administrator! Please help us in congratulating him on his promotion!
Mr. Electric

Corelia - New Wilderness (DEMO) (2020)

37 posts in this topic

It's really a shame that this is what had to become of this album. They wrote a ninety-minute double album chocked full of diverse elements that maintains high-quality songwriting throughout, which is truly an impressive feat for a band that was this young and new at the time. I'm certain had this album ever been completed properly it would have been a bit hit in the metal/prog world. Instead, they got ghosted by their main songwriter who is apparently holding the files necessary to complete the album hostage and it had to come out in this form. Yeah, years of silence definitely wasn't the best way to deal with the situation, but this is still somewhat tragic nonetheless.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Invidious said:

It's really a shame that this is what had to become of this album. They wrote a ninety-minute double album chocked full of diverse elements that maintains high-quality songwriting throughout, which is truly an impressive feat for a band that was this young and new at the time. I'm certain had this album ever been completed properly it would have been a bit hit in the metal/prog world. Instead, they got ghosted by their main songwriter who is apparently holding the files necessary to complete the album hostage and it had to come out in this form. Yeah, years of silence definitely wasn't the best way to deal with the situation, but this is still somewhat tragic nonetheless.

Couldn't have said it better myself, very eloquently put (I also didn't want to clutter the post more than I already had).  But yeah, it is really unfortunate that it had to come to this, but at least this "release" is better than the band continuing to ghost the fans indefinitely, and it also brings to light the truth about the douchey guitarist holding the record/files hostage as you said.  This is better than nothing, at least it is out there and could possibly lead to a possible rerecording and such, but then that brings the copyright issues into play given that guitarist of theirs...  

Regardless, I am excited to finally listen to new Corelia, I never thought the day would come.  

also inb4 people complain about the sound quality of the record...

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

This band should’ve been SO much more than what they became.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

20181026_wss_header_desktop.jpg

Regardless of how this whole situation was handled, these guys are phenomenal songwriters. Three songs in and this is incredible. They should've been massive. 

Edit: Demo or not, mix being bad or not, after three tracks this is on course for one of my favorite releases so far this year. I wasn't even a massive fan of the EP. I love all the instruments and synths and 'stuff' they are bringing in. The mix and somewhat not fully recorded bits actually just makes it feel like a proggy classic rock album. 

• Upvote 1

Waited nine years for this to come out, I can wait another week for a proper master/mix. Seeing the positive reactions to the music, at least, makes me excited to give it a listen.

• Upvote 1

The purest, non-conformist jaded subhuman terrorist.

wow i never actually thought this day was going to come, still dont believe it tbh

Edit: where does it say the album will release officially next week? It's been so long ive been out of the loop lol

=8) Thanks !

someone on Reddit ran the album through mastering AI (LANDR) at a small cost to themselves, sounds way better still not perfect but better.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Edgekrvzher said:

Waited nine years for this to come out, I can wait another week for a proper master/mix. Seeing the positive reactions to the music, at least, makes me excited to give it a listen.

Sadly there won't be a proper master/mix released by the band themselves.  What is releasing next week is this very same record here. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

wow, the sad part its that this album could be everything we wanted, but still its going to be the   last thing we ever heard of a band who could take the prog world by storm

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

Thank for checking the files. When I received the thing I was like "Nice, its a Wav 24/48". Well, I was wrong ha-ha. I guess this is all they have and the guitarist is having the legit files like you guys said. Anyways, I am happy this is finally seeing the light of day.

Regardless of whether or not a better version of this releases next week, after literally taking someone faking being them to get this at all, Corelia does not deserve your money regardless of if you enjoy it or not, this is the only time I will download something from here and never buy it 

• Upvote 1

And now for a less serious post, quick someone troll the vocalist for of machines so we can get the rest of the ep 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 3

Leave it to this entirely screwed up segment of human history to be the time this finally sees the light of day. I wish I could feel more excited about this, nine years ago these dudes felt like THE future of the progressive metal. Now though, I feel like listening to this will be too bittersweet to be worth it, especially if the closest we get to a master will be from fans.

I still feel for the ones who gave their money for this album. Years upon years of silence and all they get after all this waiting is "hey guys, we've been really depressed and one of the boys went AWOL, sorry about that. The albums coming, its just not gonna be finished. We'll try to give you refunds, sorry about that again."

What a cluster. They handled things the wrong way for so long, this record could be the best prog metal release of the last 10 years and it wouldn't matter.

4 minutes ago, Inferno Prince said:

Leave it to this entirely screwed up segment of human history to be the time this finally sees the light of day. I wish I could feel more excited about this, nine years ago these dudes felt like THE future of the progressive metal. Now though, I feel like listening to this will be too bittersweet to be worth it, especially if the closest we get to a master will be from fans.

I still feel for the ones who gave their money for this album. Years upon years of silence and all they get after all this waiting is "hey guys, we've been really depressed and one of the boys went AWOL, sorry about that. The albums coming, its just not gonna be finished. We'll try to give you refunds, sorry about that again."

What a cluster. They handled things the wrong way for so long, this record could be the best prog metal release of the last 10 years and it wouldn't matter.

they are gonna give refunds but only partial refunds apparently, as they spent most on the album

4 hours ago, sinnoh said:

wow i never actually thought this day was going to come, still dont believe it tbh

Edit: where does it say the album will release officially next week? It's been so long ive been out of the loop lol

It is in the email that was sent out to those who had initially spent money to crowdfund the record. You can find that information on reddit at r/corelia

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mr. Electric said:

It is in the email that was sent out to those who had initially spent money to crowdfund the record. You can find that information on reddit at r/corelia

i saw the huge spiel they sent but i didn't read anywhere about the album getting an official-ish release? only that they were gonna give us what they can and this is all they can

1 minute ago, sinnoh said:

i saw the huge spiel they sent but i didn't read anywhere about the album getting an official-ish release? only that they were gonna give us what they can and this is all they can

It is in the very last line of that email, that they are going to publicly release it next wee, but even then, it might that not that official.  There is a likelihood that we won't even get proper 320s so I am not sure what to expect.

• Upvote 1

I understand why everyone is upset with the band, but I for one am so excited to listen to this, and will purchase if available for purchase. I love Corelia. They're something special to me. 

3 hours ago, Dairnt said:

someone on Reddit ran the album through mastering AI (LANDR) at a small cost to themselves, sounds way better still not perfect but better.

The "remastered" version of the record is now up!

Thanks for the share!  I just uploaded that, in case anyone wants a "mastered" version of the record.  Note that it is also a transcode by the way, not a proper 320.  The spectrals look exactly the same as the spectral I have in the post.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Mr. Electric said:

The "remastered" version of the record is now up!

Thanks for the share!  I just uploaded that, in case anyone wants a "mastered" version of the record.  Note that it is also a transcode by the way, not a proper 320.  The spectrals look exactly the same as the spectral I have in the post.

Glad to help! Its as good as its gonna get i guess

• Upvote 1

We officially live in a simulation folks.

• Upvote 1

Wasn't much of a fan of their EP but I'm halfway through this and holy shit this is absolutely AOTY material, it's such a damn shame that this will not get a proper release.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 2

What a weird time we live in. 

All I can say is that this is fucking fantastic and if it ever gets properly mixed and mastered, it will be a force to be reckoned with, potentially becoming one of the greats in modern-day prog. It's such a shame what has happened to this band, but I'll echo the sentiment that at least something came of the situation. 

I hope the band members that aren't holding the files hostage seek to new pastures, clearly they still have incredible songwriting skills. 

• Love 1

The fan remaster of this using the AI sounds fantastic. Jesus this album is ridiculously good and now it's just even more of a shame that they won't do anything after this. They had so much promise and it really shows on this release. They easily would've blown up into one of the prog metal greats.

• Upvote 2

20181026_wss_header_desktop.jpg

So I'm halfway throught.. and kinda blown away.

On 5/12/2020 at 11:51 AM, Dickface said:

So these niggas have had this pretty much completed album and were just going to sit on it and never release it because it couldn't be mastered? That makes them look like even bigger cocksuckers than everyone already thought they were. 

I mean at least they somewhat released the album could of remained hidden forever, so it’s better than nothing. And judging by the amount of downvotes you received people are actually relived they did 

I had to come back after multiple relistens. This album is insane. 

Imagine what could've been. This is such a bittersweet way for such a triumphant sounding album to come out. I can imagine if things had went accordingly going to see them and belting the mid section to Esper Voyage live with the whole crowd... 

The unmastered of this is a hundred times more interesting than new AA

• Upvote 2

毎日が夏休み // Every day is a summer vacation
Speed King.jpg