Summers

Our Last Night - Let Light Overcome The Darkness (2020)

38 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

So that's what they would bring us. The two EP's in one LP. Plus with some Rmxs. Ok that's ok.

• Upvote 2

I knew that this would happen once Overcome the Darkness was first announced to be in development. 

I watched you burning every bridge, then blame the smoke for your eyes burning.

1 minute ago, moonlover said:

Is this the YouTube cover band?

Yeah, but it's their original - and imo way better - stuff. Though they got some covers that are fire. Like the recent No Time To Die cover. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, flokand1991 said:

So that's what they would bring us. The two EP's in one LP. Plus with some Rmxs. Ok that's ok.

So that's all this is?

Pretty sure they said in an interview with Finn McKenty that they would never do a full length ever again, less than a year ago. I know this is just the two EP’s but still 🤷🏻‍♂️

115683106_BitterPiccy.jpg.2d236e5a4f796df6dede15f417522d3b.jpg

lastfm_black.gif.91f8144a457ece93c6601c67606c1d82.gif.96766e32a354e166e2036eb38a299b16.gif     rsz_spotify.png.3d59151ccfacd78883deaa07ccb0264d.png

2 minutes ago, Angerbanjo said:

So that's all this is?

Kinda i could say. But i expect they will bring something new someday soon they really don't let their work not even for a minute.

Did they balance the mix on the songs out? The sound is obviously very similar but I thought the 2nd EP was louder and more bass heavy.

I see absolutely no use for this. Wasted release.

• Upvote 2

596608895_na2020newkl.png.cf55878107374737a11284053516e96b.png

thnx.

9 minutes ago, Cam979 said:

What was the point in this?

Songs were slightly altered and now you can listen to the EP's in the context of a full album...idk actually why OLN decided to re-release both as one thing. But hey, at least the acoustic cover and the live version is pretty nice. The remixes however....eh

I mean not necessary but at least it's one album artwork now :lol: still will download.

2 hours ago, Dancing in the Dust said:

Look they fixed the title issue 

Let Light Overcome Overcome The Darkness

dudes are cringe, also complete tools 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1
  • Downvote 6

Your local Crazy Band Guy

2020 just started and we already have the aoty!

• Haha 3

WHHHHHYYYYY???????????????

tumblr_mb34zsMLZ51r74zpdo1_500.gif

Wow I didn't know they were doing this. I liked the first EP and I never heard the 2nd one so I'll check this out

3 hours ago, Gunogland said:

dudes are cringe, also complete tools 

No they are not bud. I've met the whole band individually more than 10 times including on their anniversary tour last year and each one of them are completely humble, genuine and super friendly dudes. 

• Upvote 4

This band is the Nickelback of post-hardcore

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

PSP JEsus.gif

22 hours ago, Burst said:

Yeah, but it's their original - and imo way better - stuff. Though they got some covers that are fire. Like the recent No Time To Die cover. 

Oh so from tainting other peoples music they've decided to put out another subpar (judging from reactions here) record? That's nice.

I feel like everyone is too busy shitting on OLN and not asking enough questions around what the fuck is that album artwork

• Haha 1

klsig.png.3267830764a221b632f399d63c5c2267.png

I don't really care for this release because almost all of this has been heard, but that acoustic version of Lost is beautiful. I really love all of their acoustic songs. 

@Joseph The artwork is sick. It's a combination of both, it's a wolf inside of a butterfly. It's dope

I feel like their whole cover situation people are focusing too much on. They started doing covers pretty late in their career, and whatever, it's fun for them. They're pushing themselves everyday, bloody workaholics these guys. If you don't like covers, don't listen to them. I always just ignore their covers. People are so judgmental of the cover thing that they totally overlook their albums.

BTW - this is a great album. Imo, this tracklisting works a lot better. and YES a tracklisting can make an album good or bad. 'Let light overcome' was sick, but Soul Speak seems so out of place, and I wasn't a big fan of 'overcome the darkness' again because I felt it didn't flow

But with this tracklisting, it makes sense, it flows a lot better. I've personally been waiting for the day they dropped it in one album.

These guys are incredible musicians and people just fucking trash on them cause they have some fun on the side, it's a shame

3 hours ago, blakewarford said:

I feel like their whole cover situation people are focusing too much on. They started doing covers pretty late in their career, and whatever, it's fun for them. They're pushing themselves everyday, bloody workaholics these guys. If you don't like covers, don't listen to them. I always just ignore their covers. People are so judgmental of the cover thing that they totally overlook their albums.

BTW - this is a great album. Imo, this tracklisting works a lot better. and YES a tracklisting can make an album good or bad. 'Let light overcome' was sick, but Soul Speak seems so out of place, and I wasn't a big fan of 'overcome the darkness' again because I felt it didn't flow

But with this tracklisting, it makes sense, it flows a lot better. I've personally been waiting for the day they dropped it in one album.

These guys are incredible musicians and people just fucking trash on them cause they have some fun on the side, it's a shame

Nah they took the cover thing, ran it in to the ground and kept drilling so hard they came out in china.  They hit diminishing returns on that shit like 10 years ago.  I haven't listened to a single one in many years.

I think it's less about "judging" them for being a cover band and more about it just becoming a complete meme.

As far as their actual albums go they've been pretty erratic and all over the place in terms of consistency and quality.  One could argue much of their stuff isn't even "good" music, it's all pretty formulaic that's been done by a million other bands a million times before.  To me I'm not that stingy, sometimes they are a fun catchy post-hardcore band and sometimes it's super bland.  Their last consistently good release to me was probably Oak Island.

9 hours ago, moonlover said:

Oh so from tainting other peoples music they've decided to put out another subpar (judging from reactions here) record? That's nice.

I wouldn't call it tainting other people's music/ I would call it improving it, making it better. most of the songs they cover are shit, but it sounds so much better when they do it. aside from hotel california and a few other songs. Even though i like OLN version, the original hotel california i like better

7 hours ago, blakewarford said:

You couldn't have said it better. They released like 3 or 4 albums before they started with the covers. And the whole reason for doing the covers was because it was fun and to give people something while their waiting on a new album

• Upvote 1