967-EVIL

Havok - V (2020)

15 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

IT IS TIME

yessssssss

This easily blows the last two albums away, damn. Finally a worthy follow-up to Time Is Up. I love how much the bass shines on this record too.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Dan_622 said:

This easily blows the last two albums away, damn. Finally a worthy follow-up to Time Is Up. I love how much the bass shines on this record too.

Oh man, I loved Time Is Up and is, by far, my favorite Havok album. Seeing this post makes me even more hyped to listen to it now.

The purest, non-conformist jaded subhuman terrorist.

Kick ass and big thanks!

THANK YOU!:mascot:

4 hours ago, Dan_622 said:

You think its that much better then conformicide? I dont think this is bad but it didnt seem to wow me as much as the last one, so far anyways, could be a grower.

1 hour ago, illmatic96 said:

You think its that much better then conformicide? I dont think this is bad but it didnt seem to wow me as much as the last one, so far anyways, could be a grower.

I thought Conformicide had a lot of cool riffs and good ideas but it felt like they tried a little too hard to get experimental which, to me, resulted in an album that felt kind of bloated and tedious to listen to after a while. I also didn't really care for the screechy higher pitch vocals David was going for and a lot of the lyrics felt extra on-the-nose which came across a bit cheesy to me.

Imo this album feels a lot more balanced out like they found a good middle ground between Conformicide and their earlier albums, and David definitely toned himself down a notch which I found a lot more palatable. It's a little leaner and immediately had me wanting to start it over again when I got to the end.

I've like Havok since their Time Is Up release and this is easily the best stuff since then. I liked parts of the last two albums but they just weren't it. Like the above comment says, there's a great balance of that classic thrash sound and the experimental stuff they did on Conformicide.

• Love 1

20181026_wss_header_desktop.jpg

Oh man, this and Warbringer!?

Wow. Speechless. Warbringers was my current AOTY and I think Havok may have beat it. Both super close to one another but this is a beast of a thrash album. Bravo fellas.👏🏻

Hey this is pretty sick!

Ohh...oh  yes. This is my first album by them and I am definitely a fan. Some greattt quality thrash/death metal