BenjaminBurnley

Evanescence - Wasted On You [Single] (2020)

21 posts in this topic

600x600bb.jpg

Leaked
Release - April 24th, 2020

Genre - Symphonic Rock, Electronic, Alternative Metal

Quality - MP3, 320 kbps CBR

Tracklist:

01. Wasted On You

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

• Upvote 3
  • Love 4
  • Downvote 3

Other Releases by

Like this evolved sound!

• Upvote 1

Idk I guess I'm just not into this band anymore. This didn't really grab me in any way. Kinda just felt dragged out. Obviously the vocals are great and it's mixed well, but I don't think I'll ever go back to this

• Upvote 1

I really like the progression on the guitar once it all kicks in, interested to see what the rest of the record will sound like 

• Upvote 1

yeah epic

Haven't paid much attention to Amy & Band For Hire since 2011's self titled, considering there was nothing left of the actual band but her. 

Listened 3 or 4 times now, not too bad.......be curious to hear the rest of the album when it drops

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, DeXX said:

Haven't paid much attention to Amy & Band For Hire since 2011's self titled, considering there was nothing left of the actual band but her. 

Listened 3 or 4 times now, not too bad.......be curious to hear the rest of the album when it drops

admittedly you haven't really missed much, they only had one big-ish release in that time and it was mostly just re-imagined older tracks

yeah epic

Clearly, Ben Moody was the brains behind the operation.  She has a great voice but these songs have been lacking since the debut.  

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

~Compare yourself with who you were yesterday, not with who someone else is today~

-Jordan Peterson

This is actually the most I’ve liked a new song from them in quite a while. Obviously a more straightforward sound, but I think it works pretty well and has a nice buildup. Pleasantly surprised.

Not really caring for this sadly

• Upvote 1

tumblr_mb34zsMLZ51r74zpdo1_500.gif

4 hours ago, Altered84 said:

Clearly, Ben Moody was the brains behind the operation.  She has a great voice but these songs have been lacking since the debut.  

Ben Moody & David Hodges were no doubt the geniuses behind most aspects of “Fallen”. I love Amy’s voice, but nothing the band has released since then has even come close to that quality, songwriting wise.

Not a fan of this at all 😟

• Love 1

50 minutes ago, TheArtistFormallyKnownAsDX said:

Ben Moody & David Hodges were no doubt the geniuses behind most aspects of “Fallen”. I love Amy’s voice, but nothing the band has released since then has even come close to that quality, songwriting wise.

Not a fan of this at all 😟

Nailed it

• Love 1

This is actually pretty good and solid! This is actually very reminiscent of their older/early sound and influence. Definitely looking forward to hearing what else they come out with for this new album. No hating on this or the band from me at all. 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, manoverboard679 said:

Nailed it

Appreciate that !

i will say that if you’re a fan of the songwriting from the “Fallen” album, dive deep into David Hodges’ solo stuff, as well as his numerous side projects that lean more towards a rock sound (Arrows To Athens, The Age Of Information). He’s also been consistently writing for other artists in the industry since the Evanescence days, most of those songs you’ve probably even heard on the radio. By far my favorite writer in the business !

First actual record in ten years and we get this?

Seriously???

I hope the rest of the album isn't like this.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, TheArtistFormallyKnownAsDX said:

Appreciate that !

i will say that if you’re a fan of the songwriting from the “Fallen” album, dive deep into David Hodges’ solo stuff, as well as his numerous side projects that lean more towards a rock sound (Arrows To Athens, The Age Of Information). He’s also been consistently writing for other artists in the industry since the Evanescence days, most of those songs you’ve probably even heard on the radio. By far my favorite writer in the business !

I'll have to check those out. I do remember Ben Moody did a song for the Punisher soundtrack that I enjoyed. Was better than all the next Evanecsence stuff lol so proves your point

They will always be the “Bring Me to Life” band to me just how like Trapt is the “Headstrong” band and Saliva is the “Click Click Boom” band

2 hours ago, manoverboard679 said:

I'll have to check those out. I do remember Ben Moody did a song for the Punisher soundtrack that I enjoyed. Was better than all the next Evanecsence stuff lol so proves your point

Great tune! I also enjoyed Moody’s song on the Fantastic Four soundtrack, “Everything Burns”. I definitely recommend checkOmg out the Arrows To Athens project first, as it’s the most “rock” driven 👍🏻👍🏻

Agree with the consensus. I love her voice, but everything after Fallen is inferior. I may be able to find 2 or 3 songs I like from those albums, but that’s it. 

I don’t hate this song though. 

On 4/23/2020 at 4:49 PM, TheArtistFormallyKnownAsDX said:

Appreciate that !

Speaking of Arrows to Athens they had a song in the A&E TV Series for Stephen King Bag of Bones. The song is called "Alive". 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saC9jDqFCBE