Summers

The Used - Heartwork (2020)

94 posts in this topic

Real good album, was not expecting the breakdown in The Lottery being that heavy.

• Upvote 2

http://www.facebook.com/DosesNJ

New song "Glass Crown" out now!
http://linktr.ee/Doses

On 4/21/2020 at 8:59 AM, Adec21 said:

I was waiting for this obvious answer. Internet has become predictable, but thing is considering how too much pride I have myself and how I can react to some comments, I’m not expecting anyone to actually learn life lessons that could be useful for anyone’s development on internet.

Think you lost me on that one lol

I've been listening to this nonstop since it came out. The band lost me with their last few releases, but this is phenomenal! It's really eclectic, and finds a really great balance between pop elements and heavy elements. Every track has a different strength. It actually reminds me of Starset's most recent effort, DIVISIONS, which did an equally as amazing job of dipping its toes into the electronic pool. It was my 2019 AOTY, and while the year is young, Heartwork could easily survive until the end of the year.

I hate to say this but I feel as though while this is a strong album it has poor pacing that never ceases to annoy me. It's great, every song is great, but the order of the songs is strange and it doesn't flow as well as it could. I have listened to the album 20+ times and find myself enjoying the non single songs like Darkness Bleeds and The Lottery moreso than others. They're still the same used they always were only less restricted by genre. This is the most genuine they've ever been and the quality definitely shows that.