Summers

The Used - Heartwork (2020)

94 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, XxcowardicexX said:

Dude, The Lottery is definitely their heaviest song since Sound Effects and Overdramatics. I dig it.

For the most part but man the chorus feels so out of place to me. Idk maybe it just needs more listens 

1 hour ago, Summers said:

Source? I mean I checked its 320 lol

But I will probably update it with a new 320 on Thursday cause this is like a stream rip or something

Yeah, that's what I mean.  Source of the files themselves since it does sound like a stream rip.  Will be looking for a new 320 or FLAC later on.  Thank you!

This is FANTASTIC!!!!! 

9 hours ago, ISeeStars66 said:

Excited for the album but could only uncompress 12 of the songs using ES File Explorer.

Yeah, I tried from two different sites and neither zip would open for me. 

Haven't enjoyed any of their releases for the past decade so I had no hope for this... but it's actually pretty solid, easily their best album since Artwork.

I'm sorry but why are parts of The Lottery giving me  " my prerogative" feels melody wise?

"i stand by this tradition.."

8=====================D

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!

You Make Me Wanna Forget 

Yoooo I love this album butttt did anyone else notice the Deftones riff in I hate this song?

I was a big fan of theirs but I haven't really liked an album of theirs since Artwork. (I haven't hated them either, but Vulnerable was extremely disappointing to me, it sounds so generic. Imaginary Enemy was more of the same. At least The Canyon was different but I didn't care much for that one either tbh). After 1 listen this albums beats all 3 prior ones and I'll definitely listen to this one again.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

I am enjoying the shit out of this album! On repeat. 🖤

• Upvote 4

This is so good. Has a little from every era might be their best album yet 

34 minutes ago, cmoney8604 said:

This is so good. Has a little from every era might be their best album yet 

L M F A O

I always love reading these forums for anticipated album releases like this one.  Nobody here has ever heard a bad album yet, and every new album is the best thing ever.

There is no chance in hell this is their best album yet.  They've never even come close to matching their S/T.  Just stop.  No.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

8 minutes ago, DreamAgain said:

L M F A O

I always love reading these forums for anticipated album releases like this one.  Nobody here has ever heard a bad album yet, and every new album is the best thing ever.

There is no chance in hell this is their best album yet.  They've never even come close to matching their S/T.  Just stop.  No.

I can feel the love. 

Clearly music is an objective art. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, DreamAgain said:

L M F A O

It’s an opinion dude people are allowed to have them. Plus this has something from every era of the band. I’m not the only one who thinks this is their best or one of their best. Their last album sucked listened to it once never touched it again.    S/t came out 18 years ago. And it has some bangers but not their best. I personally think in love and death was better. music is subjective not everyone is gonna like the same stuff or have the same opinion.  So go ahead and have your opinion it’s yours and yours alone 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, DreamAgain said:

L M F A O

I mean

You're not completely wrong 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

klsig.png.3267830764a221b632f399d63c5c2267.png

So happy they've created this ripper. The canyon was not my cup of tea at all and I don't think I ever managed to listen to the album all the way through. Imaginery enemy wasn't anything to write home about either. This is probably their best release since Artwork.  The lighthouse & the lottery are my faves atm. 

There's a bit of everything on this one which is perfect but nothing will ever top their first 2 albums but I'm sure alot of us think that. 

• Upvote 2

Awesome! Thank you! Album gets progressively better as it goes on

Mmmmmm just what I needed, wasn’t really feeling their precious stuff, just felt like something was missing the entire time, and for some reason this clicked. Loving it so far.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

1c10a72c9c1f1d5ceb0bdb84ca32666c.png

surprisingly good, but why name it something so phonetically similar to another album of theirs from like 10 years ago? haha

CD 320 and FLAC added!

FEATURED ALBUM • THE COLOURIST // SELF-TITLED • Indie Rock
DOWNLOAD

This album is fucking great! Welcome back, The Used!

My favorite album from them is Artwork, but this is seriously taking a very easy 2nd place for me. This is such a damn good album.

Fav tracks:

Blow Me. Nothing can beat Jason Butler.

1984 (Infinite Jest). Probably the weirdest song The Used has ever put out.

The Lottery. THIS SHIT GOES HARRRRRD.

• Upvote 1

596608895_na2020newkl.png.cf55878107374737a11284053516e96b.png

20 minutes ago, NightAngel said:

My favorite album from them is Artwork, but this is seriously taking a very easy 2nd place for me. This is such a damn good album.

Fav tracks:

Blow Me. Nothing can beat Jason Butler.

1984 (Infinite Jest). Probably the weirdest song The Used has ever put out.

The Lottery. THIS SHIT GOES HARRRRRD.

Awesome opinion

Hands And Faces is their weirdest song imo 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Barret said:

Yoooo I love this album butttt did anyone else notice the Deftones riff in I hate this song?

sergio is that you? I can recognize that end riff from rosemary anywhere, Ive heard it so many times

thanks for thia :)

I didn't expect to like this so much!

It's cool they continued the into from "I'm A Fake" many years ago into the "Heartwork" interlude. some realy cool tracks. "Bloody Nose"> "1984"> "Darkness Bleeds">" Wow, I Hate This Song">"Obvious Blase". i didnt really care for the "The Lottery" track like everyone else, i think its too excessive towards the end.

I read they recorded almost 2 albums worth of material, still a couple more tracks to hear with Mark Hoppus also.. it sounds like we'll be getting an extensive deluxe effort sometime in the near future

April's best album is here, my friends. lol

• Upvote 1