Summers

The Used - Heartwork (2020)

94 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, tyrannosaurwes said:

unpopular opinion but on first listen i enjoyed this more than afterburner. We'll see overtime which one has more staying power, 2 great records though

Ditto

saw them front row last summer. the used slipped off for a while, but this is a welcome release. blow me is good. and some pretty good songs in bloody nose, cathedral bell, gravity's rainbow, the lighthouse, obvious blasé, the lottery...best song is blow me. i like how it feels like older the used, while not trying to overextend himself cuz he cant scream anymore. well accomplished given fading out and having limitations. i'm happy with this

Through love frequency I vibe into your scope

Assuming your parameters

Encompassed and unknown

What a fucking masterpiece

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1
  • Downvote 3

I'll just be first to point out they ripped of Carcass' album title then? aite

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 3

Well damn. Thank you!

This is pretty awesome, someone above described it as eclectic, you hit the nail on the head.

• Upvote 1

@nihilwulf it's a reference to Artwork and the heart from In Love and Death. who the fuck is Carcass? gtfoh

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 4

Assuming your parameters

Encompassed and unknown

@nihilwulf cute band bro. nobody knows who the fuck they are

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Assuming your parameters

Encompassed and unknown

3 hours ago, ErkvtCvlt said:

dgd is so overrated band imo, ur not alone pal

Can you guys just get over it?! Personally I dislike some bands sound that are what you may call “over hyped” but I never waste my time commenting about it. How about letting people enjoy them and keep living your life. Everything in life is subjective, it doesn’t mean that if a little group of people don’t like them and a bigger one does you have to mention it everywhere, it’s just how life goes. In what underwater cave are you guys living for not understanding how “tastes” work yet?! Seriously...

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Adec21 said:

Can you guys just get over it?! Personally I dislike some bands sound that are what you may call “over hyped” but I never waste my time commenting about it. How about letting people enjoy them and keep living your life. Everything in life is subjective, it doesn’t mean that if a little group of people don’t like them and a bigger one does you have to mention it everywhere, it’s just how life goes. In what underwater cave are you guys living for not understanding how “tastes” work yet?! Seriously...

Well you had to take the time to comment this so... I'd say it works both ways kinda? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

This artwork is too cool. I love it. Can't wait to dig in. Never checked out The Canyon since I didn't much like IE. I gotta feeling this one will be really good though from the comments. 

31 minutes ago, nihilwulf said:

I'm sure they were totally in the mindset of "ripping" whoever they are instead of referencing their own older works? Carcass didn't fucking trademark the phrase, a retail company did.

• Upvote 1

ezgif.com-crop.gif.d2fdfed799787d887a493e0c1688cea8.gif

Looking forward to seeing them live in July with blink 182 and grandson. Hopefully not hopeful. 

• Upvote 1

Well goodmorning thank you kl!!!

43 minutes ago, dvsr said:

Well you had to take the time to comment this so... I'd say it works both ways kinda? 

I was waiting for this obvious answer. Internet has become predictable, but thing is considering how too much pride I have myself and how I can react to some comments, I’m not expecting anyone to actually learn life lessons that could be useful for anyone’s development on internet.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, nihilwulf said:

Pretty sure Heart and Art are being used in each other's places often... isnt there a whole ass band called Heartist??? You saying they shouldve just called themselves Artist?? Not sure anyone complained in that instance 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

• Upvote 1

This album is fucking amazing from beginning to end!!! 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, desk said:

Look, let's be serious for a sec. The Used started out as a great fucking band, and most of the music they released in the 00s is iconic as fuck and genuinely great, then they sort of fell off, but I still enjoyed Imaginary Enemy and The Canyon for what those albums were, yet this is easily their best album in over a decade. Such an eclectic release that goes through some of the better aspects of their whole discography while also adding some new ideas that actually work very well (mostly electronics, Fever vibes). I am a big fan, great record, especially for a 16 track one. Wouldn't even be mad if they decided to call it quits after this, it would be a great outing, especially after such a nice closer also.

Don't sleep on this shit if you're an alt.rock/phc kiddie.

I'm just gonna quote this for my thoughts on the album, as I couldn't have said this any better, and add that it could be my AOTY.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1
  • Downvote 1

Dude, The Lottery is definitely their heaviest song since Sound Effects and Overdramatics. I dig it.

Good shit! finally back with some good song production, glad they went back to the studio with Feldmann. Definitely alot of Lies For The Liars era throwbacks in this. My favorite track on first listen is Wow, I Hate This Song.  "The Lighthouse" track with Hoppus is just cheese

This album is pretty versatile, which I really enjoy. I'm not a huge fan of the pop influences but I love how different each and every song is. Was not expecting myself to enjoy this as much as I am. AOTY contender for sure.

• Upvote 2

johnny booth.gif

1 hour ago, nipplecereal said:

Quality sounds iffy for 320. Source on this?

Source? I mean I checked its 320 lol

But I will probably update it with a new 320 on Thursday cause this is like a stream rip or something

Screen_Shot_2020-09-04_at_7.10.32_PM.png

Hard to believe anyone is still  listening to these hacks in 2020.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 8

WYv5vZr.gif

4 hours ago, ISeeStars66 said:

Excited for the album but could only uncompress 12 of the songs using ES File Explorer.

try Solid Explorer, my guy

• Upvote 1

FreePSP.gif

Does the rest of the album sound like the single "Cathedral Bell"? Honestly that's probably the only The Used song I've ever remotely enjoyed - the electronic plucking is pretty nice. Still not great though, and I can't help but feel like this band has been overhyped since its inception.

Can't wait to give this a listen to.  Thanks a lot.