Chief

Dance Gavin Dance - Afterburner (2020)

262 posts in this topic

Ah yes, this one is a keeper for the master of indie. Didn't dislike a single track, nothing incredibly amazing though, but still good stuff all around. 8.5/10. This was a fun album.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

FEATURED ALBUM • THE COLOURIST // SELF-TITLED • Indie Rock
DOWNLOAD

Other Releases by

If this album was without Three Wishes and Night Sway, it’d be better 

• Downvote 2

better than artificial selection for sure, and more replay value

5 hours ago, mR12 said:

Ah yes, this one is a keeper for the master of indie. Didn't dislike a single track, nothing incredibly amazing though, but still good stuff all around. 8.5/10. This was a fun album.

what's your opinion on their discog.

I still haven't listened to this yet because I have not had the opportunity to sit down and devote my full attention to it.  new dgd deserves a respectful first listen.

On 4/20/2020 at 12:36 PM, Ohm said:

WORD

C36439C3-AB6A-4AFF-BB43-1F745C5A3433.jpeg

I've never upvoted anything so fast LOL

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, degausser said:

what's your opinion on their discog.

I still haven't listened to this yet because I have not had the opportunity to sit down and devote my full attention to it.  new dgd deserves a respectful first listen.

I've listened to the entire thing, the only one I still listen to is Mothership (and now Afterburner). Mothership actually made me more open to the genre as a whole. Mind you, core is not one of my main genres in the least sense of the term. Still like 99% indie rock/synthpop/emo.

• Upvote 1

FEATURED ALBUM • THE COLOURIST // SELF-TITLED • Indie Rock
DOWNLOAD

For the love of memes aside, I find incredible how talented DGD are. Afterburner is the perfect example of what they are capable of, "Calentamiento Global" is one of the most unique songs I have heard in my life even though Tillian's spanish is not well executed considering the fact that Will could help him a little bit more. The whole record is great for sure, some songs better than others (as usual). AOTY contender.

Had to really listen to it for a week, that being said, as someone that hopped on the hype train around the release of IG I think this album's great but MS is still peak DGD Tilian era IMO.

Another epic realease for the 20scene20.

giphy-downsized.gif

As much as I love DGD and I have since WISIRO... the last few albums have been so damn similar to me. You could play a song from Artificial Selection/Mothership/Afterburner and I couldn't tell you which album it's from. There are definitely some good tracks on them but I can't listen to them like the old albums through and through, I just like some select tracks off of em. 

Melonposting

20200608_180043.png

20 minutes ago, neebnoob18 said:

Melonposting

1_Screen-Shot-2018-11-07-at-215843.jpg

• Haha 1

klsig.png.3267830764a221b632f399d63c5c2267.png

On 4/24/2020 at 11:35 PM, 967-EVIL said:

Updated a new FLAC version with no skipping!

On 4/25/2020 at 8:15 PM, jWaSiMhE said:

The new FLAC for track 8 is noticeably sub-par in quality than the rest of the album. Has the issuebeen fixed yet?

Has anyone got a better FLAC for track 8 yet. The replacement FLAC upload was noticeablely quieter and not as good as the original?

• Upvote 1

On 5/5/2020 at 5:12 AM, jWaSiMhE said:

Has anyone got a better FLAC for track 8 yet. The replacement FLAC upload was noticeablely quieter and not as good as the original?

Pretty sure this isn't a real FLAC. It's very quiet and there's very little definition in the higher frequencies.

• Upvote 1

Any update on this!!! Dying to know..

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, jWaSiMhE said:

update regarding what?

31 minutes ago, jWaSiMhE said:

https://gyazo.com/26857270903d79b12d3ce5a45f403fea it says its FLAC so no can't do anything

2 hours ago, Summers said:

https://gyazo.com/26857270903d79b12d3ce5a45f403fea it says its FLAC so no can't do anything

True but it’s clearly been edited (or improperly ripped) by the whoever sourced the FLAC.

wonder where they got it from?

the CD isn’t out yet and a FLAC ripped from CD would sound noticeably louder and better than this.

Hopefully someone has a proper FLAC copy they can submit? If not guess we gotta wait till the CD is out

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Tedwards_ said:

True but it’s clearly been edited (or improperly ripped) by the whoever sourced the FLAC.

wonder where they got it from?

the CD isn’t out yet and a FLAC ripped from CD would sound noticeably louder and better than this.

Hopefully someone has a proper FLAC copy they can submit? If not guess we gotta wait till the CD is out

Literally just answered the question yourself lol

On 5/26/2020 at 2:43 PM, Summers said:

Literally just answered the question yourself lol

Fair enough 

• Upvote 1

Having had this album as long as I have and now coming back to it I have a few things to say, first off this is a really good album, like it's easily up there with Mothership and Artificial Selection for me. I can very confidently say the back half of the album is much better then the front half and I usually find myself starting the album at One In A Million instead of Prisoner, and I feel like that's because of the fact that it was the lead single. Overall for me the album is a solid 9/10 not quite as good as Mothership (9.5/10) but better then Artificial Selection (8.5/10) I can't wait to see them perform these songs live in September when they get back to Minnesota

I don't have access to the request area, but looking for the Target Exclusive Instrumental of Afterburner!

On 7/3/2020 at 1:30 PM, ItsAMe said:

I don't have access to the request area, but looking for the Target Exclusive Instrumental of Afterburner!

If someone can rip the FLAC from the Target CD (both discs) that’d be nice. The FLAC already uploaded here sounds too quiet to be a real lossless rip