Chief

Dance Gavin Dance - Afterburner (2020)

276 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Can'tComplain said:

Just a warning. Audio is corrupt on Born To Fail and skips over a section for anyone grabbing the flac version. 

Thanks let me know if they fix it. I just grabbed the 320 of "Born to Fail" in the meantime. Its a noticeable drop of qaulity though.

Other Releases by

I've checked and this is actually a problem with the official files for some reason. On both sites I usually get flac from Born To Fail is all screwed up. Hopefully DGD gets out a fixed version on the sites soon

• Upvote 1

I'm confused as to how this is getting mixed reactions and mediocre reviews from dgd fans here cause this is considerably better than their last 2 albums and possibly their best album ever. IMO. But dgd fans never make sense anyway, I love it. Whole thing is absolute gas 10/10

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, mcyates35 said:

I'm confused as to how this is getting mixed reactions and mediocre reviews from dgd fans here cause this is considerably better than their last 2 albums and possibly their best album ever. IMO. But dgd fans never make sense anyway, I love it. Whole thing is absolute gas 10/10

That's probably because people like what they like, but I might be wrong 

(and I don't even consider myself a DGD fan, I just like some of their music)

• Haha 1

Yeah, this is one of the albums that will take time to "grow" on you. Most songs are forgettable.
Gonna spin it a few more times.

1 hour ago, rollacaza said:

Yeah, this is one of the albums that will take time to "grow" on you. Most songs are forgettable.
Gonna spin it a few more times.

Honestly I love Artificial Selection, but it took a lot of time to grow on me. I also didn't like the pre-release singles as much as I did for this album. Already I've found this album more listenable right out the gate than AS. Mothership has been hard to top.

One of my favorite DGD albums with Tilian. 

MerchNow seriously hitting me with a 192kbps download email this morning - c'mon man

Really digging the vibe on this record a lot! Not my favorite DGD record by any means, but I'm ok with it!

SIDE NOTE... FLAC rip has an error on "Born To Fail" big chunk of the song missing.

46 minutes ago, oldsoul said:

MerchNow seriously hitting me with a 192kbps download email this morning - c'mon man

Us in UK got 320 mp3. So a bit better!

• Upvote 1

On 4/20/2020 at 8:57 PM, David_Chozet said:

KL Users love riding DGD's dick.

I do. You really think i care? I would literally fuck Tillian. Beautiful man.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, anicepop said:

Anyone having the same issue of track 8. 'Born to Fail' ending abruptly? 

EDIT: For the FLAC verison

4 hours ago, adamantandy said:

Really digging the vibe on this record a lot! Not my favorite DGD record by any means, but I'm ok with it!

SIDE NOTE... FLAC rip has an error on "Born To Fail" big chunk of the song missing.

I've submitted a streaming quality FLAC . It should be fixed and in perfect quality.

It took me a few listens, but I fuck with this hard! Jon Mess gets his time on the 2nd half of the album and its great. Also Into the Sunset is such a great ending track, I hope they experiment with those sounds more in the future :cry:

• Upvote 3

Love it!

Another kick ass album, thanks for sharing

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, futurech said:

It took me a few listens, but I fuck with this hard! Jon Mess gets his time on the 2nd half of the album and its great. Also Into the Sunset is such a great ending track, I hope they experiment with those sounds more in the future :cry:

DGD songs always seem to be growers to me. I end up loving them but it takes a few listens. Same thing with While She Sleeps for me

• Upvote 2

20200902_221303.jpg

Fixed the FLAC 

• Love 3

Screen_Shot_2020-09-04_at_7.10.32_PM.png

20 minutes ago, Summers said:

Fixed the FLAC 

U da Best

On 4/23/2020 at 6:59 AM, Can'tComplain said:

Just a warning. Audio is corrupt on Born To Fail and skips over a section for anyone grabbing the flac version. 

Updated a new FLAC version with no skipping!

• Upvote 1

johnny booth.gif

i'd rather eat hairy ass than listen to this again

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, LinaK said:

i'd rather eat hairy ass than listen to this again

what time are you available?

• Haha 6
  • Confused 1

Not their best work IMO, but there a quite few bangers on this album.

Thanks for sharing

tenor.gif

The new FLAC for track 8 is noticeably sub-par in quality than the rest of the album. Has the issuebeen fixed yet?

Imma say it once, and I'm drunk so I might say it again too. Album. Of. The. Fucking. Year. 

• Upvote 1

I love it. Funky-core. This is a really good album but I can safely say this will not be my AOTY specially with invent animates mammoth release and currents coming up. Although, this is definitely not overhyped, they deserve all the attention they get and I hope they get even more. An easy 9/10

• Upvote 2

Loving this! Lots of really good songs!

This one is taking a little longer to grow on me. I wanna say I like the new spanish-influenced style as a way of trying something new, but idk it sounds forced and lazy at the same time. I cant tell if they phoned it in or tried really hard to make a sound work and it just fell short. This is certainly Gavin's danciest, but just a few notches shy of their best.

I've listened to every album from Dance Gavin Dance since 2008 and I just can't get into their music, without any hate I kept trying. I never thought I would like them and now I love everything about them. It costs me 12 years and I'm beyond glad I never stopped. Afterburner is ridiculously good and I can finally appreciate them as a whole. I'm happy, Calentamiento Global is the most wonderful song in this album, but Parallels is N1 because of that synth in the end. I can't believe it, but good job, Dancing Jinn is Dancing.

• Upvote 3

northlane,bloodline.jpg

After more listens, as I expected this is gonna be one of my go to album to listen repeatedly all year. I did the same with Artificial Selection, at first I was ok with it and I ended up listening to some of the songs daily for the whole year it came out. 

That’s the main reason why I love DGD, sometimes it can take a few listens, but they offer some of the best repeatability out there. That’s my personal opinion of course since I’m a fan. Mothership is the album that really got me into them, they even opened my horizons wider. I always listened to their other stuff, but I could never really get into them because I was into heavier music and I had judgements towards higher pitched clean vocals. 

It might not end up my album of the year, but it’s obviously in my top 5 music I’ll listen the most. Everything they do is so freaking catchy, I’ll never dislike an album from these guys. Did anything top Mothership yet?! Nop, but I understand the evolution of their sound and I appreciate it.

• Upvote 1