Chief

Dance Gavin Dance - Afterburner (2020)

276 posts in this topic

Bruhhhhhhh let’s fucking go!

Other Releases by

4 hours ago, Joseph said:

dance gavin dance have been releasing the same shit every 2 years and you keep listening to it 

i'm not surprised they haven't bothered innovating 

this album could be 30 hours of will swan shitting in a bath tub and you'd call it AOTY

you're scum and you don't deserve any better 

how living without ears is?

dgd made amazing work and jon`s parts are incredible. feat bilmuri isnt very good bcs of electro beats i think but others song sounds brilliantly especial parallels, nothing shameful and say hi

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

None of the songs here are bad per se, Prisoner and Three Wishes were good listens imo, but the rest was some what samey and interchangeable. I do see the appeal in these and can understand if people will call this AOTY, but this aint for me. Then again this is the first DGD album i listened to.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, xcblackdiamond said:

says the counterparts fanboy xd

replace dgd with cp

will swan with Brendon

and you have the same post

Hey now Counterparts is one of the best at the game, and similar to DGD, they fine tune their sound and get better almost every album. Both bands take a minute to click for some listeners, but ironically, both are in my top 3 of their respective genres

• Upvote 3

So real talk, having given the album a listen on my way home, I'm kind of underwhelmed. I think the singles were the ones that stand out here (Say Hi, Prisoner, Lyrics Lie). It's not a bad listen for sure, and I'll probably toss it on throughout the week to see if my opinion changes. Right now though I'm not feeling it 100%.

On one hand, the fact they've had a cohesive lineup and seemingly enjoy each other's company is great. Obviously ignoring the music component, I would want them to be happy doing what they do.

On the other, the changeups with members kind of forced the band to evolve. Now it seems just like steady coasting, for better or worse. 

Not a novel opinion, I know, but it does feel kind of dirty to think "yeah I wish the vocalist would quit the band so they can add more spice"

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, Codphishjoe said:

@HotMommyTamale @Chief which band literally has their own genre though? 

Some people argue Meshuggah and djent

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Codphishjoe said:

Shikari. 

• Confused 1

Thank you. "I am a leecher, I am below dirt, step on me." I say before I download the album.

But for real, some people are real drama queens. The quality is fine, you're a getting a LEAK. Be grateful for any scraps you get.

And also, the drama queens saying this is the worst thing that has graced their ears, you're literally BEGGING for downvotes.

You can dislike it, but if you're like "omg I miss Jonny" I just don't see the reason you're here.

33 minutes ago, Codphishjoe said:

Deftones

• Upvote 2

Screen_Shot_2020-09-04_at_7.10.32_PM.png

does anybody ever step back and hear how jon EVOLVED his vocals from dgd's beginning?? definitely one of my top 5 current vocalists in the game right now

he snaps in secret band greatly too!

• Love 2

knowing KL this instantly is aotm and aoty without listening for most people

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Lord_of_Kiwii said:

knowing KL this instantly is aotm and aoty without listening for most people

same on the other end, worst of the year for all the people 'going against the grain' without actually giving it a shot

• Upvote 4

yeah epic

@ShadowChao94 theres a bunch of shit music that isnt good that people like. People still like falling in reverse and state Champs lol 

• Downvote 1

Just now, Maximo said:

same on the other end, worst of the year for all the people 'going against the grain' without actually giving it a shot

these are as annoying as the previously mentioned, maybe even more. anyways, dont get me wrong, this was a great record, I really enjoyed it. just was making fun of the trend of the people on the site ^^

• Upvote 1

Overall a big fan of the release. Lots of quality jams are all over this record. I found a few songs to be growers (Three Wishes, Into the sunset) and I found a dud in Calentamiento Global, but overall from front to back this album slaps, groovy and fun and Tilian has definitely been listening to 80s and early 90s pop because it feels like it's all over this record vocally.

What I find baffling is the amount of people here who are coming into the comments to shit all over the music, if you don't like it/want to listen to it, then why are you here? Must be really bored.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Band would be so much better without Tillians annoying voice 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 10

all the bangers are on the last half for sure 

Excited to hear this but half of me wants to wait for the 320. Decisions, decisions. #firstworldproblems

Thanks for posting!

4 minutes ago, PARTYBEARS said:

all the bangers are on the last half for sure 

I felt that way too, but I think it's because I've been intentionally skipping the singles cus I've already listened to them enough

• Downvote 1

You know, I thought the guy was full of shit when he said thered be a song of spanish cleans.

Im sorry, you werent full of shit.

35 minutes ago, feverxdream said:

@ShadowChao94 theres a bunch of shit music that isnt good that people like. People still like falling in reverse and state Champs lol 

It’s almost as if it’s all subjective. Just cause you dislike it doesn’t mean it’s objectively bad.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

52 minutes ago, feverxdream said:

I love Falling in Reverse <3

• Upvote 1

This is good.

• Upvote 1

johnny booth.gif

6 hours ago, Joseph said:

dance gavin dance have been releasing the same shit every 2 years and you keep listening to it 

i'm not surprised they haven't bothered innovating 

this album could be 30 hours of will swan shitting in a bath tub and you'd call it AOTY

you're scum and you don't deserve any better 

Dude... You must feel depressed all the time if you’re mad at people for enjoying a band, for real. There’s nothing in a world of logic and common sense that can justify the bs you just wrote.

Do your shit on your side and let people enjoy whatever they want, I pity you mate.

• Upvote 1

Whatever the popular thing to say it. <3

banner.jpg

I've been around for a minute.

ezgif.com-resize.gif

Pretty disappointed on my first listen. Didn't think I'd be saying that about DGD. It's growing on me though. 

lol @ the little bitch who downvoted this, the fuck? 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1