All good things must come to an end... Kingdom Leaks will be permanently shutting down on January 1st, 2021. All user and site data will be permanently deleted. Existing users will have until December 31st to join the community Discord server. Read announcement
Lord Kingdom

Trivium - What the Dead Men Say (Japanese Edition) (2020)

100 posts in this topic

Thank you for posting, been counting down for this one!

• Upvote 1

444x250_Slipknot_-_Nero_Forte_[OFFICIAL_VIDEO].gif

Other Releases by

Only major downside to this album is that the last track has a fade out.

I never heard Trivium go that hard!!!! Wow amazing job they did!!!

• Upvote 1

The-Devil-Wears-Prada (2).jpg

Not a bad album at all, on first listen doesn't hit TSATS's highs but at the same time doesn't reach its lows either and doesn't overstay its welcome either. I think the current Trivium era is incredibly good because they're basically release music that's bordering on Shogun level of greatness consistently and with the best drummer they've had. The music feels mature and just different enough to please most listeners. The last few songs are especially cool and I love how they drop some of the heaviest and best shit in their albums near the end, really close off the albums on a nice high note. Just a very good and consistent Trivium record.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

holy shit what an amazing birthday present 🤘

5 hours ago, pudhead said:

Good quality for 128. Awesome! Thanks for leak again! Also, is it just me or does track 1 seem to cut off at the end? 1:58 track length is same as what itunes says too but just sounds like it cuts off. Wonder if thats just how it is. Doesnt connect into track 2 very well but if thats how it supposed to be oh well. Just wondering if anyone else notices that.

It does connect, watch What The Dead Men Say on YouTube. When it comes out on Spotify it will flow better too. 

omgomgomgomg great album. one of their best records up there with shogun!

2 hours ago, Adexus said:

Didn't think that would be anyone's favourite Trivium album lol granted it's better than Vengeance Falls but that was baaaaaaaaaaaaad.

Silence in the snow and Vengeance Falls were not bad, just different. 

thanks chief!!! hype hype hype cant get over how good this record is <3

6 hours ago, StinkyWinky said:

AOTY INCOMING

Not as good as The Naked Brothers Band

• Haha 1

Great album. 

As someone that has always tried to get into Trivium but never managed to "get" them... This album is fucking awesome.

• Upvote 2

I feel like I haven't listened to these guys since The Crusade, but this album really impressed me on first listen and has some killer riffs.

• Upvote 1

Drummer must have had 4 scoops of pre-workout and recorded this album in one sesh

• Haha 1

this may not be as great as TSATS, but holy hell its still great. the 3 singles we got, The Defiant, Sickness Onto You,  and Bending The Arc Into Fear are my personal favorite tracks. The other tracks are good in their own rights, but not as good. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Dmaxalicioushizz said:

I'm getting more uplifting vibes from this album than usual for them. It's a sound that hasn't worked as well for them when they've dabbled in it in the past, but it's really working here. I'm feeling like some of this is borderline high quality melodic death metal rather than their usual thrash metalcore mix, and I'm loving it. I'm mainly talking about the tracks Bleed Into Me, The Defiant, Scattering the Ashes, and The Ones We Leave Behind.  The last album was a mixed bag for me. This is way more consistent. I think this is their best album at blending accessibility and quality.

Did he just say this is melodic death metal? 😂😂😂

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Draxxzor said:

Best Trivium album, since Shogun :)

Have you not heard The Sin & The Sentence??

• Upvote 3

Ngl felt like they struck gold with last album, was peak Trivium. I was fucking wrong, this feels like they're just getting started. What a fucking monster of a band. 

The best [128] I've seen this year. Also excited for 320. :)

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, pudhead said:

Good quality for 128. Awesome! Thanks for leak again! Also, is it just me or does track 1 seem to cut off at the end? 1:58 track length is same as what itunes says too but just sounds like it cuts off. Wonder if thats just how it is. Doesnt connect into track 2 very well but if thats how it supposed to be oh well. Just wondering if anyone else notices that.

yeah i noticed that too idk if its intended to be like that

The Defiant, Sickness Unto You, Bending the Arc to Fear, and the 3 singles are the good songs.

This means Catastrophist is far from the worst song. Prior to listening to the whole thing, Catastrophist was my least favorite of the singles by far.

The good is really good. The bad is falls pretty flat IMO.

Also, Paolo is a madman.

Such a sick album. Some of the vocals seem super low in some spots on bending the arc to fear. Wonder if intentional. 

3 hours ago, invaderhemp said:

Did he just say this is melodic death metal? 😂😂😂

There are melodeath influences all over it. It may not be just melodeath, but it's a part of it just as much metalcore is.

6 hours ago, DORBUSCUS said:

Not as good as The Naked Brothers Band

Facts

AOTY,  my fav band of all time so I'm biased but AOTY

Thank you!

real solid album. some songs are gonna need a few listens, and not sure if im a huge fan of the drumming, time will tell if it gets in my top 3 trivium albums