Summers

I Am Abomination - Passion Of The Heist II (2020)

47 posts in this topic

Thank you! :)

Way of Sorrows is so sick

THANK YOU SIR!!

It's been 8 long years since IAA have released a new album, a million thank yous!!!! Sure wish the rest of their flawless discog would get posted as well, but any ways, I am so very excited to receive my 3 orders for this album! Thanks again!

• Upvote 1

Even though i haven't heard of them before, even their come back, this album is a diamond. So many breakdowns, the rythm beautiful!!!!

The-Devil-Wears-Prada (2).jpg

Just finished. This is insane... The lead guitarwork is perfection. The rythyms and riffs are cool. Vocalist grew on me a lot while listening, I really like his raspy/screamy cleans. There is a few times he sounds a little weird, nothing too jarring though. I also love hearing a band with this kind of almost tech-death influences with cleans over them. That's not that common. I'm not too big on the lyrics... but the vocalist somehow managed to make them sound more cool than corny. 

Favorite song is probably Ways of Sorrow just because Jesse and JT are on it. The rest of the album definitely holds up to it though.

Edit: it's definitely my favorite, I'm assuming Jesse is on the guitars too? A few parts sound like Erra leads.

Diving into their older stuff tomorrow.

• Love 1

This album is sick. Love the features, especially Way of Sorrows, and that intro riff on Second Death is insane.

• Upvote 1

OMG, New listener of this band and boi am I excited to check this out. The singles were fantastic. 

• Upvote 1

PSP JEsus.gif

I haven't listened to this album yet. But I'm already confident I love it more than sex. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

tumblr_md1fborwNz1re7dvho1_500[1].gif

Knew there was a new album coming, didn't know when.  Love basically everything these guys have put out. Digging this so far. :jams:

I miss when Phil (vocalist) was doing The Bad Chapter but I love IAA as well. Just good to have him back 

• Upvote 3

Honestly a great metalcore album that's both accessible (catchy, melodic) yet technical, heavy and interesting enough throughout. Surprised I enjoyed this as much as I have, also having a big vocal focus on cleans without it just being for le radio sound aka what a lot of bands these days are doing, is refreshing.

Also, in case any braindead radio rock defenders (recently about new ADTR as an example) are reading this: listen to Martyr to realize what a solid cleans-driven song should sound like, not whatever sellout garbage is being put out lmao.

• Upvote 3

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

1 hour ago, Betrayer said:

I haven't listened to this album yet. But I'm already confident I love it more than sex. 

I love this album so much, I don't even have anything funny to say rn. Which says a lot

tumblr_md1fborwNz1re7dvho1_500[1].gif

Woah I like their emblem.

johnny booth.gif

Almost forgot these guys were the goat. Also, is Nick Sampson's shred on Heir to the Throne eargasmic or what?

Every day is a summer vacation
Speed King.jpg

This is how you do a successful crowdfunding campaign. Take note *cough *cough Corelia.

• Haha 3

I would easily classify this as their best album yet. That's it.

596608895_na2020newkl.png.cf55878107374737a11284053516e96b.png

I still think To Our Forefathers reigns supreme but this is still soo good. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

tumblr_mb34zsMLZ51r74zpdo1_500.gif

Similar bands need to take notes. This is just better music than the vast majority of stuff in this style. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, FallujahQc said:

This is how you do a successful crowdfunding campaign. Take note *cough *cough Corelia.

You spelt “Of Machines” wrong

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

As a huge fan of of Passion 1, Forefathers, and LtFTtT the singles on this, at least vocally, felt less inspired - similar to the new ADTR tracks, but i'm super stoked to hear the rest of this.

3 hours ago, DisturbedOne said:

I still think To Our Forefathers reigns supreme but this is still soo good. 

Haven't listened to this album yet but I'd probably agree. I can't believe it was released that long ago.

Best guitarwork in the metalcore/post hardcore or whatever the fuck IAA is. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, colddayinhell said:

Haven't listened to this album yet but I'd probably agree. I can't believe it was released that long ago.

Best guitarwork in the metalcore/post hardcore or whatever the fuck IAA is. 

I list them as Progressive Post-Hardcore 

tumblr_mb34zsMLZ51r74zpdo1_500.gif

Been waiting for this. Phil said he will be making more The Bad Chapter music this year as well. Super excited. 

• Upvote 2

Enjoying this more than the DGD leak, been waiting a long time for this.  First heard these guys from Rockband 2.

• Upvote 2

never heard of this band but this record sure is tasty damn. gotta go down the rabbit hole and check the discography.

• Upvote 1

Jesus Christ this is good.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

1c10a72c9c1f1d5ceb0bdb84ca32666c.png