Summers

I Am Abomination - Passion Of The Heist II (2020)

47 posts in this topic

Check out the Passion of the Heist EP first, it tells a great storyline about a man getting abducted and he ends up destroying the world.. this album continues that story.. makes the lyrics mean so much more. Also it's the drummer from Oceans Ate Alaska.. So my only gripe is that this album has no drum solos D:

Ways of Sorrow is honestly my favorite song so far this year. I would pay hundreds for a full collaboration project between IAA and Erra at this point. Even if it's just a few songs on an EP it would be insane. I seriously hope they work together again. 

• Upvote 1

I didn't expect this to be an AOTY contender for me, but it definitely is! This and the Miss Fortune album surprised me tbh

Wow. This is actually really fucking good. I wasn't super big on the first single and wasn't really hyped for the full release. This is wonderful stuff. Vocals are killer, guitar shreds are on point, guest spots are super well executed. Strong all around. This is a purchase for me.

I'm also in agreement with everyone talking about Way Of Sorrows. Dude. So good.

I didn't even know this was coming out, even with the various singles that have been leaked here and there.

Lamb to the Slaughter, Way of Sorrows, The Greatest Sin, Heir to the Throne, Second Death and Deicide are incredible. Way of Sorrows or Deicide is definitely my favorite.

Not sure why JT's screams over an IAA track remind me of Killswitch Engage from the Howard Jones days, but they do. And the uncleans on Deicide were so unexpected.

That ending portion of Arcadia is fucking awesome too.

Glad to see I Am Abomination back, it's been far too long!

• Upvote 1

Man...this is good. Like GOOD GOOD. Haven’t been this impressed with talent and songwriting since BOO’s The Discovery. No song is redundant, incredible guitar playing, songwriting has a fantastic flow, and vocals are refreshing.

only gripe is I really hate this whole lyrical concept. Antichrist aliens....idk man kinda corny and the whole Antichrist thing in general is just a drawn-out, unoriginal idea. My opinion. 

sonically - amazing album

• Upvote 1

I figured it out.

this reminds me of Valis Ablaze - Render, just with more uncleans. This is so good.

1c10a72c9c1f1d5ceb0bdb84ca32666c.png

This is so fucking good! One of my AOTY contenders so far. At least for a Top 10

• Upvote 1

The most important album released this week.

Don't @ me. This is unbelievable. 👽🤘

Yup, it's very good. Don't pass this up!

FreePSP.gif

Fock, that Erra feature :cry:

Feels weird hearing I Am Abomination and not knowing the lyrics. Only halfway through my first listen, but so far so good!

I swear, I Am Abomination and the vocals of Phil Druyor are the closest I can get to Scott Barnes from In Fear and Faith (because in Noble he changed sooo much), especially in Martyr (forever on repeat), it's like listening to Last Man Stranded. And that feature on Deicide, brilliant, love me some Ben Duerr. Stunning vocals, amazing music, beautiful work.

northlane,bloodline.jpg

On 4/22/2020 at 1:39 PM, Chief said:

I figured it out.

this reminds me of Valis Ablaze - Render, just with more uncleans. This is so good.

Holy shit that band is phenomenal, thank you!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, colddayinhell said:

Holy shit that band is phenomenal, thank you!

Happy to have spread the word!

• Upvote 1

1c10a72c9c1f1d5ceb0bdb84ca32666c.png

1 minute ago, Chief said:

Happy to have spread the word!

I don't usually like bands like IAA, but I fell in love back in 2009 and it just stuck with me. The cleans in that other band are really good as well. I'm gonna spin that shit in a few minutes for those riffs :)

@colddayinhell @Chief Should try Tiberius I uploaded their singles recently gives off a Valis Ablaze vibe off too

I've known about this band for a bit, just never listened to them.

This is an excellent album.