serafina

Mick Gordon - DOOM Eternal (Original Game Soundtrack) (2020)

38 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Strizzmatik said:

This extends strictly to the OST release right, not the actual in-game soundtrack, or both?


I've seen conflicting answers to this, nothing from Mick directly on it. So might be, might not be.

Share this post


Link to post

Other Releases by

16 hours ago, Uncreation said:

I knew something was off when listening to the OST, with some song sounding fkn muffled and then this showed up:
https://www.pcgamer.com/doom-eternals-official-soundtrack-wasnt-mixed-by-its-composer-and-you-can-tell/

 

Supposedly, Mick only mixed a handful of tracks, others have been compressed to shit.
His Magfest 2021 tweet is gone and he mentions that he probably won't be there for the next DOOM soundtrack.

 

I was just reading up on that, and fucking sucks that id Software/Bethesda would rush Mick on the soundtrack and not give him the time to do his thing like for DOOM 2016. 50% of the DOOM experience is the soundtrack, without Mick's art, the game wouldn't be nearly as badass. I've heard some issues with many of the tracks in the mixing and even in the structure for some, and I've heard some badass parts from the gamerip missing in the OST. I'm very disappointed that they wouldn't let Mick do his thing, I'm very disappointed that they butchered such as great soundtrack.

Share this post


Link to post

After listening to the entire OST I am incredibly disappointed. Not only that they did Mick dirty, there's like 4 fucking versions of BFG Division, not to mention the poor mix.Just rushed OST with 3 hours of ambient filler tracks that sound like straight up gamerips. Mick didn't deserve this. He worked hard on the OST and they just fucking disrespected him like this

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, Strizzmatik said:

This extends strictly to the OST release right, not the actual in-game soundtrack, or both?

The OST, only. In-game was all his work. id screwed the pooch here

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/19/2020 at 2:37 AM, colddayinhell said:

I’m not an uploader, unless the rules have changed. 
 

And if anyone finds this track on here let me know please lol. 
 

 

That's Meathook on the official release. 

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/21/2020 at 9:58 AM, NieR:Automata™ said:

After listening to the entire OST I am incredibly disappointed. Not only that they did Mick dirty, there's like 4 fucking versions of BFG Division, not to mention the poor mix.Just rushed OST with 3 hours of ambient filler tracks that sound like straight up gamerips. Mick didn't deserve this. He worked hard on the OST and they just fucking disrespected him like this

 

He fucked himself though. He didn't meet deadlines, but he also didn't communicate with ID about him falling behind. They only found out a week before the promised release for pre-orders. Then they pushed it six weeks when he promised then 30 tracks, 2 hours of run-time. Gave them 12, barely an hour's runtime, where only two of them were the heavy metal tracks. ID's lead audio designer didn't have any stems to work with, he only had what Mick had already sent them, which was heavily compressed files. Mick agreed to let ID's audio team mix whatever he didn't get to do. It's a shame, sure, I'll happily say that mick isn't entirely the only one to blame. But he was the one not telling ID "hey, we won't ever be able to make it for release in time.", he didn't tell them what was going on, and they had to find out that he didn't like whaf ID's team had done through comments online. It's a shit show and both parties are to blame. 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Kidde said:

 

He fucked himself though. He didn't meet deadlines, but he also didn't communicate with ID about him falling behind. They only found out a week before the promised release for pre-orders. Then they pushed it six weeks when he promised then 30 tracks, 2 hours of run-time. Gave them 12, barely an hour's runtime, where only two of them were the heavy metal tracks. ID's lead audio designer didn't have any stems to work with, he only had what Mick had already sent them, which was heavily compressed files. Mick agreed to let ID's audio team mix whatever he didn't get to do. It's a shame, sure, I'll happily say that mick isn't entirely the only one to blame. But he was the one not telling ID "hey, we won't ever be able to make it for release in time.", he didn't tell them what was going on, and they had to find out that he didn't like whaf ID's team had done through comments online. It's a shit show and both parties are to blame. 

I've read the open letter on reddit. It's sad but that's just one part of the story, we don't know what was happening on Mick's side. He said he will release his own mix of the ost at some point anyway

Share this post


Link to post

I just started playing this game a few days ago (got it with the Summer Sale). And man the game is fucking great, really fun. But the soundtrack takes the cake on the coolest part. Seeing the comments on this thread and it sucks Mick got fucked over. I haven't listened to the entire soundtrack as a whole yet. But someone went and remastered and rearranged the entire OST. 
 



Maybe its better, maybe its worse, thats up to you to decide.


http://www.facebook.com/DosesNJ

New song "Glass Crown" out now!
http://linktr.ee/Doses

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Copyright © 2013-2020 Kingdom Leaks.