Summers

Katatonia - City Burials (2020)

45 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

My pleasure mate

  • Love 5

Share this post


Link to post

Thank so much :)

Share this post


Link to post

Possible album of the year release has arrived. I'm ready for this amazing journey. I'm ready for Jonas' beautiful voice to make me feel wonderful things.

  • Upvote 2
  • Love 3

The purest, non-conformist jaded subhuman terrorist.

Share this post


Link to post

Does this actually include the bonus song? I got it but it didn't have fighters 

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Edgekrvzher said:

Possible album of the year release has arrived. I'm ready for this amazing journey. I'm ready for Jonas' beautiful voice to make me feel wonderful things.

I'm in love with it been listening to it for the past 6 hours

1 minute ago, Zenomicron23 said:

Does this actually include the bonus song? I got it but it didn't have fighters 

No my friend.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Zenomicron23 said:

@Eleetmo oh ok well thanks for the post my friend 

You're welcome mate.

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Eleetmo said:

I'm in love with it been listening to it for the past 6 hours

Happy to know this! I've been into Katatonia since The Great Cold Distance came out in 2006 and they're one of the few bands that have remained as one of my favorite artists throughout all those years. Thank you so much for submitting an album I've been dying to listen to early.

  • Love 1

The purest, non-conformist jaded subhuman terrorist.

Share this post


Link to post

Hell yes! Thanks mate!

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Edgekrvzher said:

Happy to know this! I've been into Katatonia since The Great Cold Distance came out in 2006 and they're one of the few bands that have remained as one of my favorite artists throughout all those years. Thank you so much for submitting an album I've been dying to listen to early.

I couldn't hold my anxiety for this album man, and it really paid off its a Masterpiece

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post

Wow.im happy for this.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Summers said:

12. Fighters (03:37)

 

was lost


tumblr_oogflfTa4Y1sntf5mo1_500.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Cosmic Reaper said:

 

was lost

yeah thats on the deluxe edition I will update it when its fully out

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

fucking awesome

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

So fucking good, Katatonia never disappoints.

Share this post


Link to post

Such an amazing album, my expectations weren't that high because the singles didn't do for me what Katatonia usually does for me, but man, there's some AMAZING stuff there, and it's such a powerful album altogether. Gotta buy the CD sometime in the near future.

For the first listen, The Winters Of Passing, Flicker and City Glaciers absolutely blew me off my feet. Not the only amazing moments on the album, but my favorite right now.

  • Upvote 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'VE BEEN WAITING SO LONG. YESS.

 

I fucking love you. I love Katatonia. Spreading love all over your face. Everyone's face.

  • Upvote 1
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I NEEDED, LET'S GO!

Share this post


Link to post

Finally, my most anticipated album of the year.... hoping it is AOTY.... turns out, it is not going to be for me, after 2 whole listens i don´t know what to think of it still, definitely not mindblowing and a little bit disappointed, especially 'cause they're my fav band of all time, idk, probably will be a slow burn for me.

  • Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post

Man this is fucking incredible stuff, wow. Wasn't expecting what I'm getting out of this album right now.

  • Love 2

 

 

 

20181026_wss_header_desktop.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

Honestly their best release since 'Night Is The New Day'. Has everything I expect from Katatonia and more. Opeth, Katatonia, and Devin Townsend had a HUGE impact on my life in the late 90's and early 2000's. Love this band so much!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Yeeeeees one of my most anticipated releases this year for sure and I'm loving it so far, a few tracks in.  Lacquer was a huge grower for me but I'm completely in love with it now.  These other tracks have been clicking more quickly and a little more in line with their last release.  Really excited to see where the rest of the album goes.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

After all this time? Always.

 

Man, been waiting on this one, it's G R E A T 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post

Ok, I've always heard of this band, but never checked them out.  Well I checked this out and I absolutely love it.:)

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Nick K said:

Ok, I've always heard of this band, but never checked them out.  Well I checked this out and I absolutely love it.:)

Welcome to the Marvelous Katatonia World my friend

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Nick K said:

Ok, I've always heard of this band, but never checked them out.  Well I checked this out and I absolutely love it.:)

Now you have a discography that goes back 25 years to check out, lol. I personally love it all, from the Death/Doom days to now. If you're interested in more, I'd listen to Night Is The New Day next, as it's their best work of the last decade. But, of course, I don't see any problem with getting Dead End Kings and The Fall Of Hearts either.

 

My personal top three would be Brave Murder Day, Last Fair Deal Gone Down and Viva Emptiness.

  • Love 1

The purest, non-conformist jaded subhuman terrorist.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Edgekrvzher said:

Now you have a discography that goes back 25 years to check out, lol. I personally love it all, from the Death/Doom days to now. If you're interested in more, I'd listen to Night Is The New Day next, as it's their best work of the last decade. But, of course, I don't see any problem with getting Dead End Kings and The Fall Of Hearts either.

 

My personal top three would be Brave Murder Day, Last Fair Deal Gone Down and Viva Emptiness.

I'll definitely have to check those out! This quarantine has expanded my music library so much wouldn't hurt to expand it a little bit more!

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/18/2020 at 7:28 PM, David_Chozet said:

Finally, my most anticipated album of the year.... hoping it is AOTY.... turns out, it is not going to be for me, after 2 whole listens i don´t know what to think of it still, definitely not mindblowing and a little bit disappointed, especially 'cause they're my fav band of all time, idk, probably will be a slow burn for me.

 

I feel the same. Been waiting with great excitement ever since it was announced. Turns out it's one of my least favorite Katatonia albums to date. I also don't care much for Night is the New Day or Dead End Kings & this album is most similar to those two. I thought Fall of Hearts was a masterpiece, but this one kinda puts me to sleep.

 

Heart Set to Divide, Behind the Blood, Rein, Flicker, and Neon Epitaph are the keepers for me. The other 6 tracks are just kinda bland imo. At least I know one of the two bonus tracks will be a banger. Fighters, which is a cover of an Enter the Hunt song. Hopefully Closing Of the Sky isn't another mellow one as there's already too many of those here. It was originally to be a Jonas solo album and I think it shows.

 

Here's the original version of Fighters. Can't wait to hear Katatonia's cover:

 

https://youtu.be/_Mv8bZRCFWM

  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Copyright © 2013-2020 Kingdom Leaks.