Michael

Dance Gavin Dance - Three Wishes [Single] (2020)

34 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Hey Michael 😘

Amazing as usual,Can't wait for afterburner to arrive next week

Worst of the five songs :/ Seems like just them having fun but really really sub-par and could've been cut from the album imo, especially since it's already 13 tracks long.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 11

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

Great song as per usual

the instrumental is verrry groovy, maybe the grooviest we have had so far this album cycle.

• Upvote 1

Basically Flash pt. 2, and definitely the least interesting of the singles so far.  Still good though

• Downvote 2

MULTIPLE STAB WOUNDS YEAH

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

EFo5Hj3XoAAmas3.jpg

half the people in the video don't know how to use an electric toothbrush 

klsig.png.3267830764a221b632f399d63c5c2267.png

Y’all are smoking some shit, this song is fucking great. It’s the new and improved Flash, which was already a great song. 

MULTIPLE STAB WOUNDS YEAH! :)

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1
  • Confused 1

It's fine, but I'm thinking it will end up being one of the lesser songs on the album.

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

well guess who just shit their pants

Through love frequency I vibe into your scope

Assuming your parameters

Encompassed and unknown

every time this artwork pops up I get SO excited.

Love this song! fun and dumb!

I Really Fucking Love This Band 

yeah epic

28 minutes ago, dewey duck said:

MULTIPLE STAB WOUNDS YEAH

MULTIPLE STAB WOUNDS

• Upvote 1

20200902_221303.jpg

Only single i haven't liked was Prisoner 

• Upvote 1

My least favorite so far. it's a good song but nothing special compared to the rest.

• Upvote 1

RnmmCRF.gif

I want the rest of this album. This song is awesome I love how different every single one of these singles has been.

This song is boring, could have been any number of bands if you discount Jon's really shitty part. This song is bad, Strawberry's Wake is pretty bad too, so that's two of the five released so far that are kind of meh. 

DGD are always one of my favourite bands, but ArSe was a step down from Mothership and what came before, and this album is shaping up to be the same. I think they might be on a downwards trajectory now. They'll definitely be more popular, but they're not making music that's as good as what came before. 

I'm sure the album will have some amazing tracks, and i'll play the hell out of most of it, but i'm not expecting Mothership levels of greatness. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Brad . said:

This song is boring, could have been any number of bands if you discount Jon's really shitty part. This song is bad, Strawberry's Wake is pretty bad too, so that's two of the five released so far that are kind of meh. 

DGD are always one of my favourite bands, but ArSe was a step down from Mothership and what came before, and this album is shaping up to be the same. I think they might be on a downwards trajectory now. They'll definitely be more popular, but they're not making music that's as good as what came before. 

I'm sure the album will have some amazing tracks, and i'll play the hell out of most of it, but i'm not expecting Mothership levels of greatness. 

The singles have always been the most accessible though. If you would have judged the tone of what Mothership would be from Chucky vs the Giant Tortoise, Betrayed by the Game and Young Robot you would have been way off. I think Say Hi would be a better indication as to what the 'meat' of the album could sound like. 

Just now, imu17 said:

The singles have always been the most accessible though. If you would have judged the tone of what Mothership would be from Chucky vs the Giant Tortoise, Betrayed by the Game and Young Robot you would have been way off. I think Say Hi would be a better indication as to what the 'meat' of the album could sound like. 

And those three songs are better than the likes of Strawberry's Wake and Three Wishes, so even the singles are superior on Mothership. I don't want to get into a debate about Mothership vs Whatever album, but it seems to me that Tilian era peaked there, and they've recently been releasing material which is a step down.

Say Hi is a brilliant track, and i have no doubt there will be more of that level, but as a whole i think if you separate the last few albums into Brilliant > Great > Good > Meh, the number of brilliant tracks may stay high, but the number of great and good are shifting downwards. I hope i'm proven wrong, but ArSe is the first DGD album where i skip several tracks fairly often, and this one seems like being similar from what's released thus far. 

2 minutes ago, Brad . said:

And those three songs are better than the likes of Strawberry's Wake and Three Wishes, so even the singles are superior on Mothership. I don't want to get into a debate about Mothership vs Whatever album, but it seems to me that Tilian era peaked there, and they've recently been releasing material which is a step down.

Say Hi is a brilliant track, and i have no doubt there will be more of that level, but as a whole i think if you separate the last few albums into Brilliant > Great > Good > Meh, the number of brilliant tracks may stay high, but the number of great and good are shifting downwards. I hope i'm proven wrong, but ArSe is the first DGD album where i skip several tracks fairly often, and this one seems like being similar from what's released thus far. 

I won't disagree, those singles are better. Mothership is a masterpiece, after all.

• Upvote 1

Really love all the singles so far. Gonna be my aoty for sure. 

The "multiple stab wounds" part is hilarious, love it. Not much else of the song does much for me but maybe it'll be a grower. Weakest of the singles as of now.

• Upvote 1

Honestly not a banger and not holding up against the other singles for me.

huhu Jon Mess says wacky things is great and all, but this song is like 50/50 alright/meh.

• Upvote 1

I'm loving this it's like something off of ArSe but with a darker vibe. This song also got da groove, and I really like the lower register Jon goes for on the chorus. Super super super hyped for this album only one more week to go!!!

Also MULTIPLE STAB WOUNDS YEAH!!!

ezgif-4-691fb700c39e.gif.3ecc240b91235490915e500fd7210f2a.gif

dgd: how many singles should we release before the album comes out?

also dgd: yes

• Upvote 1

Cant wait for Afterburner!!

• Upvote 1