Summers

Pulses. - Speak It Into Existence (2020)

27 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Okay... Rebel, The Mightiest Cat is so filthy... That breakdown. The switchup. The bass tone. 

• Love 1

Whoa whoa whoa hold up. They did a song with BEMIS?!

• Upvote 4

The tags intrigue me, as well as Max Bemis. This should be interesting.

• Upvote 1

disappointing, I was hoping for another variation of bouquet.

oh well, I guess will do

30 minutes ago, antiquation said:

Interesting take! Most of what we thought we were doing this time around was trying to take bouquet. to the extremities as well as try some new blends we hadn’t tried.

I was joking about how you guys released that album like at least three times, this shits incredible man.  

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, degausser said:

I was joking about how you guys released that album like at least three times, this shits incredible man.  

LMAO I SEE

I was like “damn we tried 😭” haha

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

Hits you hard, hits you fast.  Damn.  The cleans somehow remind me of Prawn.  Louisiana Purchase is hilarious.  Album's great, I'll give the other works a listen as well.

Edit:  Just gave hanataba a listen. I have no idea how to react to any of it.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Can't wait to give this a listen.  Bouqet was such an artfully fun album with great emotion.  Now only if Kaonashi, Animal Jam, Dwellings, and Eidola would release I'd be in heaven.  I would have added DGD to the list, but that's a given.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

39 minutes ago, kozack030 said:

Hits you hard, hits you fast.  Damn.  The cleans somehow remind me of Prawn.  Louisiana Purchase is hilarious.  Album's great, I'll give the other works a listen as well.

Thanks for listening! Glad you’re digging it!

hanataba was an April Fool’s joke 😂

• Upvote 1

Really solid album, some great tracks there, Rebel is probably my favourite from first two spins. Love how these guys have progressed in the last couple of years, you can really hear how much tighter they've become. 

• Love 1

I didn't know that I needed this in my life, but boy am I glad it is!

• Love 1

4 hours ago, Ekimhtims said:

Now only if Kaonashi, Animal Jam, Dwellings, and Eidola would release I'd be in heaven.  I would have added DGD to the list, but that's a given.

New Eidola album is finished I'm pretty sure. We should be seeing singles/announcements for it within the next two months

8 hours ago, kozack030 said:

yeah just listen to bouquet.  it's not as good as this but still has it's moments.  

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, antiquation said:

Thanks for listening! Glad you’re digging it!

hanataba was an April Fool’s joke 😂

imagine calling that masterpiece an april fools joke smh

• Haha 1

Exist Warp Brakes is fucking dope

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

Honestly, this is already on my AOTY list and definitely one of my favorites this month. I can't really pick a favorite song cause they all fuckin S L A P. i will agree with the post above me that Exist Warp Brakes is dope 😂

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

never heard of these guys before. downloaded this and bouquet. halfway thru first spin of this 'exist warp breaks' is my favorite so far

• Love 1

Through love frequency I vibe into your scope

Assuming your parameters

Encompassed and unknown

I'm not sure I've ever really heard of "swancore" but this is some really good stuff!  Love the mix of sounds and the energy throughout it all.  I like the clean vocals the most (for the most part) but the variety throughout this is just awesome!

• Love 1

some interesting stuff here

favorite tracks: exist warp brakes, good vibes only, don't say anything just RT, rebel the mightiest cat

• Love 1

Through love frequency I vibe into your scope

Assuming your parameters

Encompassed and unknown

These dudes be progressing and progressing. Great to hear.

• Love 1

excuse me for not knowing but what does the tag swancore stand for? ^^

really enjoyed this record btw. reminded me of DGD

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Lord_of_Kiwii said:

excuse me for not knowing but what does the tag swancore stand for? ^^

really enjoyed this record btw. reminded me of DGD

you answered your own question lol

swancore is basically a made up genre for 'reminds me of dgd'.  Will Swan is the guitarist of dgd and has a label with a bunch of dgd sounding phc bands signed. 

also I thought this would hold me over until after burner, but I think I like this more 🙃

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, degausser said:

swancore is basically a made up genre...

I'm pretty sure you'll agree with me, but for others reading...

All genres are made up. Swancore has cemented itself as a "real" genre in my eyes. There's more than enough bands consistently making the sound and a massive love for the sound from plenty of fans.

I've also heard plenty of people that like post-hardcore say they dont like swancore, which points to another big factor in defining a genre: A clear and distinct seperation of sound. A lot of people will like both obviously, but they are different enough to split peoples tastes into more of one or the other.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Can'tComplain said:

I'm pretty sure you'll agree with me, but for others reading...

All genres are made up. Swancore has cemented itself as a "real" genre in my eyes. There's more than enough bands consistently making the sound and a massive love for the sound from plenty of fans.

I've also heard plenty of people that like post-hardcore say they dont like swancore, which points to another big factor in defining a genre: A clear and distinct seperation of sound. A lot of people will like both obviously, but they are different enough to split peoples tastes into more of one or the other.

I do agree, mostly.  I say 'made up' because the first few months of people using it, it seemed more like a joke word.  a joke that kinda stuck around, legitimized.

but at the same time, not really defined. I see people call Capstan swancore, and when I try to think of why it's not I can't come up with anything... but in my opinion .. it just isn't.

I guess all subgenres have that problem tho.  but what I can say is when I see a swancore tag pop up here, I know I'll enjoy the band for specific reasons and I always do, so it is at least a functioning subgenre.  just too young to be nicely defined I guess

• Upvote 1