Summers

Enter Shikari - Nothing is True & Everything is Possible (+Instrumentals) (2020)

96 posts in this topic

this is fucking dope. absolute shikari madness, which is a perfect vibe for 2020.

also has some of the best hooks in ES history.

• Upvote 1

Other Releases by

This is really cool stuff. I've been slowly getting into Shikari the past few weeks and this was just a really engaging and interesting listen. 

• Upvote 2

20181026_wss_header_desktop.jpg

2 hours ago, Luke94 said:

If this is true then it's really weird because Rou said they had almost 50 songs ready to record in the studio and they were choosing only those that fit into the album concept

Well thats bizarre because I don't think the album is very consistent

I listened once but I am super fucking impressed. ES are the best at making albums equal parts exciting and ethereal, they really just make you feel things that other bands don't. And those feelings were in prime form for the band on this record. One gripe I have is that it could've ended better than King into Waltzing II.

• Upvote 1

I'm actually quite enjoying it though I was hoping for a bit more based on the singles. 

I appreciate what they've done with Elegy for Extinction but I don't think it fits at all in the album and certainly not in the spot it's in.

I'd give it an 8/10 overall. I was hoping it would be an AOTY contender but not sure it's quite up there.

I’ve only listened through the entire thing twice so far, and while I do love it, I know for a fact they’re capable of better. This probably sits at #4 or #5 for me if ranking their albums, so far anyway. Not as good as Flash Flood or The Mindsweep, but definitely a step up from The Spark

• Upvote 1

Creak - Recluse

CREAK - RECLUSE:

https://youtu.be/PNpX2jiYYLU

FFO: LOATHE, LOTUS EATER, ALPHA WOLF

lastfm_black.gif.91f8144a457ece93c6601c67606c1d82.gif

THIS IS ENTER SHIKARI AT THEIR PRIME

EFo5Hj3XoAAmas3.jpg

THESE LADS ARE ABSOLUTE GENIUS AND WRITE STRAIGHT UP BEAUTIFUL STUFF

DO I MISS THE WUB-WUB RORY'S C THESIS ? YES, BUT I LOVE THIS ALSO.

You cant expect Shikari to sound like something that you would expect and thats the magic of this band.

Of course there are some formula into them, but they are always innovating, pushing forward imo.

I love every work of theirs, this is no different.

I dont absolutely adore every track, but once again thats just Shikari.

The track some guys listed as worst are one of the best for me.

Also, I think there are some major hits here that really deserve and could go viral, hell, It felt like a movie sometimes.

• Love 2

Damn it, im still waiting for my cassette tape edition to arrive :/ I have to wait....

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, KillMe2018 said:

Damn it, im still waiting for my cassette tape edition to arrive :/ I have to wait....

So you can listen in 56kbps?

15 hours ago, NieR:Automata™ said:

Pretty good album, didn't really fulfill my expectations, but it was pleasure listening to it nonetheless.

Same here. 

T.I.N.A is still the mvp for me, Marionettes I & II - Satellites are really cool tho.

Well after listening to this about 5 times throughout the day so far... Gah damn, good shit. I was really hoping for a return to form after The Spark, and while this isn't what the albums before that were, this is still that for sure. Definitely a prime example of how a band maturing should sound imo (take note AA...) 9.5/10 as a couple of instrumental sections/tracks didn't seem necessary. Highlights are definitely The Great Unknown, The Dreamer's Hotel, Waltzing Off the Face of the Earth I, Modern Living, T.I.N.A, and Marionettes (both, but particularly liking I).

• Upvote 3

I thoroughly enjoyed the direction they took with this one. A solid aoty contender.

• Upvote 1

Crush on you

tumblr_p8d6h2wYoc1unrq34o3_500.gif

Happy for those who enjoy this

23 hours ago, 49zdari said:

Anyone else a bit disappointed?

It burns, my ass burns, because after good singles to hear a collection of interludes that are boring and boring, it is not believed that such a group caused disappointment, it is clearly not that

almost all the songs are missing something for my taste. but some tracks are so weird that I really like them.

6.9/10

596608895_na2020newkl.png.cf55878107374737a11284053516e96b.png

FLAC added!

On 4/16/2020 at 8:03 AM, Dan said:

exactly that. it sounds like all the Ringmaster stuff on Rue (also an insanely special album that is woefully underappreciated).

That's probably why I had major 'For the benefit of Mr. Kite' vibes from Waltzing off. it's one of my favorites off this album!

Sadly i'm one of those fans who was hoping the band would venture back to their old sound (pre the spark). Would have loved to hear more songs along the lines of T.I.N.A & Dreamers Hotel but oh well. Might have to give it a few more listens to try change my mind otherwise it's gonna end up in the discard pile along with the spark.

12 minutes ago, Dickface said:

It's amazing how one of the most unique and inventive bands in the genre turned into the second-most boring band on the planet. Second only to PVRIS of course. 

Your name is still accurate to your attitude, and you try far too hard 

• Upvote 2

So I decided to give this a shot and holy cow. Just do not understand the hype. At. All. Track one was listenable and had some catchiness to it but the rest...omg. Not sure what that was. 🤮. Im sure this post will get a lot of hate but had to say it. 

6 minutes ago, Dickface said:

"I called him by his username! Ha ha got em!!!"

-Every butthurt scene kid on this website when their favorite band puts out a bad album

ES is definitely my favorite band, considering I like a total of 1 album from them. 

11 minutes ago, Dickface said:

Every butthurt scene kid on this website 

>Favourite Band: I See Stars

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1

Quick Track by track thoughts

The Great Unknown: Banger.

Crossing The Rubicon: I think this is a One Direction cover song, honestly wouldn’t be surprised.

The Dreamer’s Hotel: I’m split on this one. But I think it will continue to grow on me.

Waltzing (I): Basically an interlude.

Modern Living: Meh, don’t think I’ll come back to this.

Apocaholics: Basically a Shikari Sound System remix as an interlude

The Pressure’s On: Alright. Wouldn’t skip it if it came on.

Reprise 3: Meme

T.I.N.A: Best track, by far. love it.

Elegy for Extinction: Who left the Cinderella soundtrack bit on the album?

Marionettes (I & II): Pretty good and fun. Keepers.

Satellites: Couldn’t finish it.

The King: Meh, skippable. Honestly think I like it less the more I listen to it.

Waltzing (II): Come on man.

In total: This album sucked ass. TINA, The Great Unknown, and Marionettes (I & II) are the only good songs on this one. Bummer.

• Upvote 1

On 4/16/2020 at 7:05 AM, bw0602 said:

How many songs are instrumentals? Like 8? Listened to a few and was like where’s the energy from the singles?! Probably just tripping and will have to give it a few more listens.

Had a full listen today and probably won’t be back to many times, maybe liked 3 more than what was released. Total bummer after such strong singles. If this is your thing though I’m stoked haha

very good stuff. the marionetts songs and tina are great. not diging the king too much tho

Our minds are firewood

And now we spark the match

We set ourselves alight!

:wub:

• Love 1

after listening to it again and again: one of the best shikari records up there with TTTS and AFFOC