Summers

Enter Shikari - Nothing is True & Everything is Possible (+Instrumentals) (2020)

96 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

appreciate it damn much, thanks! 

• Upvote 1

LIT IT'S BIG PP ENERGY TIME

• Upvote 2

Vittoria Agli Assassini

Thanks ❤

tumblr_mttgabOKue1r85uiyo1_500.gif

20 mins of refreshing paid off. Thanks!

• Haha 1

Dope, thanks!

AOTY 2k20 has arrived!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Thanks!

Thank you <3 here we go. 

LET'S GO! Thank you so much

Anyone else a bit disappointed?

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

I didn't expect it to be that amazing!!!!

12 minutes ago, 49zdari said:

Anyone else a bit disappointed?

Nope, it's awesome! 

Damn Marionettes is super tight, my fav one on the album. 

It's no affoc but i tell ya what its damn near close

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Damiansbizarreadventure said:

Yes very 

how so

Thanks! Will post my thoughts once I've listened.

EDIT

Intro is great

Rubicon kills the energy the intro built up and is overall forgettable 

Dreamers Hotel is a banger and should’ve been track 2 - flip track 2 and 3 around

Waltzing - this sounds like it should be an intro or an outro and does not in any way shape or form fit where it has been placed

Modern living - the electronics are fun as fuck I like this

Apocaholics - this is great I like this electronic side of shikari however, why is it a separate song?

The pressure’s on - nice and chill

First half verdict - it sounds like a concept EP with little unifying concept, it’s thematically all over the place. Some nice songs but there isn’t really any ultra hard hitting moment. The songs would be alright on shuffle, but kinda boring together 6/10

Reprise 3 - ooooh yes

TINA - banger, I love this - the way reprise 3 blends into it is great 

Elegy - cool, but…? Again - this links into the point I made about the first half. This does not fit here - it sounds like an intro or an outro. Why is this placed after a high energy song. So far this album has had no ‘high energy’ streaks which kinda sucks

Marionettes - cool but forgettable. 

Marionattes II - a bit better but not a sticker on first listen

Satellites - this song is good I like it

The king - love it.

Waltzing ii - its alright, but not what I expect from a shikari closer. They seem to have peaked at AFFOC, then dipped a tad with the mindsweep, then gone off the rails with the spark and are now getting a bit more back on track. 

Overall: little consistent theme in the first half, too many interludey songs, energy doesn’t pop off as much as I would like it to. 6.5/10. There should’ve been more songs like The Great Unknown, Dreamers Hotel, the king, and Tina. The rest is meh. It’s better than the spark, but thats it - the spark ought to be forgotten. Hopefully their next album will return the in your face energy. The main downside: TOO MANY INTERLUDEY SONGS 

The only songs I will listen to again more than once are The Great Unknown, Dreamers Hotel, the king, Tina, possibly satellites and modern living 

And I’m not disliking it because it isn’t heavy - they could get some properly cheeky DnB like songs with shikari tongue in cheek and it would be killer - but they don’t do that enough…?

One observation - this album is massively fleshed out with interludes. why? We've got Waltzing, Reprise 3, Marionettes 1, Elegy  and waltzing 2 PLUS modern Living being split in half into two songs. So really, more than 1/3 of the album is filler. 

Not as good as I expected it to be given the fact they released all the energetic songs as singles.

• Upvote 5

First half of the album isn’t very good on first listen. Enjoyed from track 7 onwards tho. Hope it grows like the spark did for me 

• Upvote 1

Just now, robmongascy said:

First half of the album isn’t very good on first listen. Enjoyed from track 7 onwards tho. Hope it grows like the spark did for me 

I think I agree,

Interestingly if you look at the album cover the first 7 songs are on colour and the rest are another, guessing there's an intentional divide.

• Upvote 1

Pretty good album, didn't really fulfill my expectations, but it was pleasure listening to it nonetheless.

• Upvote 3

I absolutely adore it but I’m a huge fan, my partner who is a casual listener brought up half the songs sound unfinished in parts & that it doesn’t hold ideas for long enough. But for me a solid 8/10

Just finished it, here are my thoughts:

THE GREAT UNKNOWN: As always, a great opener. Kinda missed a song that felt like an opening in The Spark, i'm glad it's back

CROSSING THE RUBICON: Not a really interesting track for me, feels kinda bland and forgettable

THE DREAMERS HOTEL: Abosulte BANGER since day one. Love this one

WALTZING OFF THE SURFACE OF THE EARTH I: Holy. Fuck. Goosebumps everyone, that ridiculously long build up pays off

MODERN LIVING: Not bad, I like that WUB WUB bass line through the whole song

APOCAHOLICS: Shikari at is finest. The weird, creative Enter Shikari that made us all fall in love 

THE PRESSURE'S ON: Kinda reminds me of Undercover Agents. Another chill, good vibe song, I like it

REPRISE 3: AND STILL WE WILL BE HERE. STANDING LIKE STATUES. Not an opinion, just got goosebums again when I heard it.

T.I.N.A: Probably the best song for a live show in this album. Absolute banger

ELEGY FOR EXTINCTION: I appreciate the effort of recording a live classic band, but this feels so out of place for me. I don't think i'll be coming back to this one

MARIONETTES I: This one hits hard. Instanty turned the volume up when the electronic drop came in. The ending feels a bit abrupt tho. BANGER

MARIONETTES II: Another banger, probably one of my favourites of the album

SATTELITES: I really love the vibes of this one. A faster, more "Mindsweep" track. And god how I missed that kind of sound

THE KING: Loved it since the first listen, this will hit hard live as well

WALTZING OFF THE SURFACE OF THE EARTH II: Shikari always took great care about their opener and closing tracks. This was not an exception (again, it's something I missed on The Spark). Nice uplifting vibe.

Overall, I gotta agree with you guys. It feels like they changed the colours for the last seven tracks, it's where the album gains that weird Shikari signature sound. About what they said of this being the best shikari album, I gotta disagree, AFFOC still holds up there. Waaaaaaay better than The Spark, I may like it better than common dreads, but far from their top 1.

7/10 for me

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

Not sure why they split modern living / apocoholics into two songs, same with marionettes to be honest. Probably to pad the track listing / stream count?

Several mentions of the splitting of the album in two..

Nothing is True - tracks 1-7

Everything is Possible Tracks 8-15

Maybe?

• Upvote 7

Odd how they hype you up with the opener they go into a slow tempo song right after

There are some strong tracks on this but bloated parts of the album detract from them too much

Going to be an album where I enjoy individual elements of it more rather than as a whole 

klsig.png.3267830764a221b632f399d63c5c2267.png

I feel like there is no underlying theme. The songs work on there own but not together