All good things must come to an end... Kingdom Leaks will be permanently shutting down on January 1st, 2021. All user and site data will be permanently deleted. Existing users will have until December 31st to join the community Discord server. Read announcement
Summers

Currents - A Flag To Wave (Single) (2020)

38 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

This is excellente. Prob my #1 most anticipated album this year.

• Upvote 4

596608895_na2020newkl.png.cf55878107374737a11284053516e96b.png

Click ^ to see reviews.

Sorry to criticise the artwork but what the hell is that Text?

Looks like someone went into Photoshop, left the default text as Times New Roman and just set a drop shadow of just thick blackness.

That has to be the most jarring artwork I have ever seen.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

Pretty okay song, liked the last two a bit better I think. After such a massive buildup I thought the breakdown was gonna hit a lot harder than it did. Still decent though. Will be a cool album. 

Chorus is HUGE.

Pretty cool Song, stoked for the new Record

• Upvote 1

OOOOOOH MY GOOOOOOOD!!!!! My brain is gonna explode!!!!!

The-Devil-Wears-Prada (2).jpg

Gotta wait till 320. Currents have become one of my favorite bands and I’m WAY too hyped for this new song and record. But what is up with that album artwork? Hope that isn’t final.

• Upvote 1

20181026_wss_header_desktop.jpg

3 minutes ago, Taylor Swift said:

Gotta wait till 320. Currents have become one of my favorite bands and I’m WAY too hyped for this new song and record. But what is up with that album artwork? Hope that isn’t final.

Nah its not final, it just reminds me to change it if theres an actual single cover

• Upvote 1

Screen_Shot_2020-09-04_at_7.10.32_PM.png

Sick song been hyped for new stuff but this goes down hard 👊

I already feel like this album will blow their debut out of the water, holy shit these new songs are tight af <3

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2
  • Confused 1

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

Upon first listen, I was strangely getting some Fit for a King and Oh, Sleeper vibes. Now, their debut was stellar. Their EP after that was even more stellar. The last couple singles have been interesting to say the least, but not quite what I was hoping for. This new single is good, but I think for me personally this album is probably gonna be a grower. I won't love it at first, but after a few days, a few weeks of playing it, I have no doubt it'll be in my top 10 albums of this year. Right now Invent, Animate is my AOTY thus far (sorry August Burns Red!) :D

• Upvote 2

Bit more of an intense/"thrashier" jam, I love it! And that clean chorus too, it sounds fantastic, as I would expect.

• Upvote 2

The purest, non-conformist jaded subhuman terrorist.

Dude this band is so fucking GOOD. My most hyped album of the year (so far). SO HYPED.

• Upvote 1

http://www.facebook.com/DosesNJ

New song "Glass Crown" out now!
http://linktr.ee/Doses

I realllllllly like that artwork. 

Deadlights_-_Bathed_In_Venom_(Official_Music_Video).gif.7ce3a3ed3448ae83c213866ef79aa30e.gif

Fuck this is goooooood

YES DADDY! :fap:

4 hours ago, Arun1910 said:

Looks like someone went into Photoshop, left the default text as Times New Roman and just set a drop shadow of just thick blackness.

The album's art isn't the same as the single, but yeah that's wild lmao

• Upvote 1

Holy fucking shit, I love this band so much. So excited for this album. Brian is such an incredible vocalist, his vocal cadences and range are absolutely incredible, and nobody else sounds like him. 

If they came out with this music like 10 years ago when metalcore/deathcore were almost mainstream and got way more recognition, I could easily see him getting as much attention as someone like Mitch Lucker or Austin Carlisle if he played his cards right. 

I'd say right now in terms of "clout" Ryan from Fit For A King is the most popular/liked modern metalcore vocalist, I've seen Brian do a decent amount of guest features, so hopefully after this album he gets even more popular and does as many features as Ryan does. 

• Upvote 1

I don't know what's going on in the guitar department, maybe Chris is letting other members write more. Whatever the case, the past 3 singles have been fucking boring and a huge step down where songwriting is concerned. Anything they have done in the past slays this current material. That includes Life//Lost.

• Downvote 2

I love every damn song these dudes have ever made. This is so catchy. Currents are still the kings of Prog. Metalcore in my opinion! Too damn good.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Arun1910 said:

By the looks of it, I think it's a single cover. A bad one, but a single cover nonetheless. I don't think Currents or Sharptone would allow this otherwise.

Still not as bad as The Afterimage's album cover for Eve, though.

Now waiting for 320!!!!

The-Devil-Wears-Prada (2).jpg

Current Currents is best Currents

• Upvote 3

320 added!

• Upvote 1

Screen_Shot_2020-09-04_at_7.10.32_PM.png

Another slapper 

tumblr_mb34zsMLZ51r74zpdo1_500.gif

This album is really going to be a bomb.

This group is really talented and I think we have not finished hearing from them.

The ascension is dazzling !!

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, SilverMk6 said:

Holy fucking shit, I love this band so much. So excited for this album. Brian is such an incredible vocalist, his vocal cadences and range are absolutely incredible, and nobody else sounds like him. 

If they came out with this music like 10 years ago when metalcore/deathcore were almost mainstream and got way more recognition, I could easily see him getting as much attention as someone like Mitch Lucker or Austin Carlisle if he played his cards right. 

I'd say right now in terms of "clout" Ryan from Fit For A King is the most popular/liked modern metalcore vocalist, I've seen Brian do a decent amount of guest features, so hopefully after this album he gets even more popular and does as many features as Ryan does. 

Although he doesn't do cleans live, his harsh vocals are spot. fucking. on.  Him and Joe Bad from Fit For An Autopsy are probably the closest you can get to album quality vocals live.  I'm always blown away when I see them live. 

18 hours ago, Arun1910 said:

Agreed, the artwork is really solid but the logo/text placement ruins it.

jpUJCRq.gif

Looks like the album artwork is a continuation of the place i feel safest, focused on the two falling from the cliff. I could be wrong though