Chief

Dance Gavin Dance - Say Hi [Single] (2020)

68 posts in this topic

HOLY FUCK THE MOOD IN THIS ONE IS MAD

• Upvote 3

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

Other Releases by

henlo

20200902_221303.jpg

Bangerrrrrrrrrrrr!!

The-Devil-Wears-Prada (2).jpg

makes me anggggery yassss, this is the DGD that I love!

This is really good. Definitely the heaviest single.

I love the very chaotic and mad vibe it gives off 

Is this another exclusive leak or is it officially out tomorrow? 

This track is fucking incredible.

9 minutes ago, xiacexi said:

Is this another exclusive leak or is it officially out tomorrow? 

nah it’s another song officially out on Thursday 

EFo5Hj3XoAAmas3.jpg

i know the first thing people say when they put out a heavy song is 'tHiS sOuNdS lIkE sEcReT bAnD' but holy shit, this sounds like secret band. jon is going absolutely feral and i love it

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

what' sup with Tillians voice? 

Formerly known as
Nice_Backly

WK4Ilr1.jpg

2 minutes ago, Smash_Adams said:

I'm not even sure it's Tilian in the beginning of the song, it really sounds quite different. It is also not a guest vocalist though (there is no guest on that song according to the album credits) so the only options are that it's just Tilian doing a different voice or maybe one of the other members like Jon or Will singing

ABUSEOFPOWER.JPG

BCJNh3t.png

This sounds like it should've been a Secret Band song. Not complaining at all. 

• Love 1

40 minutes ago, LKA said:

I'm not even sure it's Tilian in the beginning of the song, it really sounds quite different. It is also not a guest vocalist though (there is no guest on that song according to the album credits) so the only options are that it's just Tilian doing a different voice or maybe one of the other members like Jon or Will singing

I think it is Tilian but like in a really low voice. We are used to hearing him in a high voice but for me it sounds like him, similar to parts of the beginning of Strawberry's Wake.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Smash_Adams said:

Sounds like he just lowered the normal range he sings in while changing his tone. Also the quality is pretty low. Just a tonal switch up. 

Really love when they blend their heavier Secret Band style into DGD songs (Not to mention Jon using more pitch screaming in other songs).  This album is gonna be so fucking good

1 hour ago, LKA said:

He uses his higher register when he sings, usually. That doesn't mean he doesn't have lower range. In this case, he's using it.

This isn't just you, but when Tilian shows off his range, the fanbase is sooooo confused. I don't understand why. He's just a great singer!

who cares about being on the front page, or even first comment, on KL?  ESPECIALLY a single?

also, best single so far.   i love this

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Joseph said:

the posts in this thread are nearly as bad as the song itself 

You're entitled to your super edgy, wrong opinion.

• Upvote 1

@Chief brooo i love u 

Niceee 

My profile picture says it all. 

• Downvote 2

Song starts with Jon and then Tillian, but the weird vocal adlibs sound like something Mike Hranica would do lmao, even though it's Jon. I don't know who else you're hearing.

Unless of course we're memeing the "KL Exclusive" part then I'll bow the fuck down and fuck off out.

• Haha 2

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

HEAVY secret band vibes hey?

loving it

Yes a heavy song! Jon kills it like usual. 

Holy shit that breakdown!!

RnmmCRF.gif

Pretty clear Secret Band vibes here with the heaviness and experimentation with vocals, but this song has so much!  I love how Tilian has been changing up his delivery on these singles so far, it really shows their versatility across the board.  I think we need to give a little more credit to Matt though!  These drums are WILD.

I have been checking here every few hours to see when the whole album shows up, this will hold me over just enough until it is. 

A bit heavier than usual but I’m loving it. Can’t wait for the whole album

I am way too hyped for Afterburner after hearing this single, this is wild

This sounds A LOT like a Secret Band song.  Regardless, I think this is my favourite single from this album so far! 

Anyways, I like the song.  Still think Lyrics Lie is my favorite of the songs we've heard so far.  But I love Mess in the singles, and this one.  Seems like there's a little more creativity in the execution (for lack of a better way to describe it in musical terms).

• Love 1

I kind of dont want to listen because we already have so much of the album

• Upvote 1