Cosmic Reaper

A Day to Remember - Mindreader [Single] (2020)

83 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, jbellaire said:

Time to lump ADTR up with Wage War as completely washed.

Common denominator: Jeremy McKinnon. I hope he doesn't ruin the new The Ghost Inside album.

You do know that Jeremy had almost nothing to do with that last wage war album right? That was the problem. Jeremy helped produce on blueprints and deadweight. Both great albums. He was also the producer for the last couple ghost inside albums, so he'll do just fine. 

• Upvote 4

Other Releases by

3 hours ago, NobilityScooter said:

This is...pretty bad, not gonna lie. Very forgettable, boring, and it just sounds uninspired.

Like how is Jeremy okay with this? Or the rest of the band? Their entire discography is chock full of bangers but every single for this album is...meh

I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I don't think they're the band I grew to love anymore. Not because of the sound change, just because it doesn't sound like it's for those who have heart :emo:

Yeah, it may be catchy but there are a lot of 'catchy' tunes out there that can easily be forgotten when the next 'catchy' tune comes out.  Sadly, the last album was a jumble of 'damn that's good' and 'they thought this was good enough?' and this album, based off of the 3 singles, is easily coming across as the latter.

ah well, i'll give the whole album a spin but i'm not really looking forward to it like their past albums.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Dancedaltondance said:

You do know that Jeremy had almost nothing to do with that last wage war album right? That was the problem. Jeremy helped produce on blueprints and deadweight. Both great albums. He was also the producer for the last couple ghost inside albums, so he'll do just fine. 

He's credited as a producer on Pressure so i'll base it off that. Yea sure, old albums are fine... but i feel like you can only write/co-produce so many songs before things become bland and stale which i think is happening here. 

Oke Radio-Rock tune, but that mix is soo muddy.

I think Jeremy's vocal melodies on this one are enjoyable. Song overall is slightly disappointing cause it's ADTR but for other bands it'd be solid at least. I'm just hoping the deep cuts on the album are better to give a project that has more substance.

Terrible.

• Haha 2

Yeah this is just absolutely terrible and awful. They haven't put out a memorable song in the past 7 years. 

Anyone who's defending this never truly loved the signature ADTR song, or fails to understand just how revolutionary and important they were in popularizing a genre of music. 

It's so fucking sad to see them go from being genre leaders to just trying to sound like everyone else. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 3

I'm digging it!!!  Throw in a few up-tempo rockers with this, and I'm liking it even more. 

I appreciate them not playing the same style over and over again.

Most great bands are dynamic...this is a nice piece to the puzzle... \m/

After a couple listens, I think this is pretty good. Definitely more pop punk sound. Again I don't think that they are lacking in the inspiration department, it is there but I'm thinking they are just doing what they are wanting and feel like doing sound wise. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jbellaire said:

He's credited as a producer on Pressure so i'll base it off that.

Yeah for just the track Low, Drew Fulk/WZRD BLD produced Pressure

1 hour ago, SilverMk6 said:

Yeah this is just absolutely terrible and awful. They haven't put out a memorable song in the past 7 years. 

Anyone who's defending this never truly loved the signature ADTR song, or fails to understand just how revolutionary and important they were in popularizing a genre of music. 

It's so fucking sad to see them go from being genre leaders to just trying to sound like everyone else. 

The gatekeeping is strong

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, SilverMk6 said:

Nice gatekeeping

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Bout damn time. Hurry up ADTR. Thank you @Cosmic Reaper <3

• Upvote 2

Actually utter garbage. Not like it’s surprising, but damn I miss their memorable and heavier sound. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Pretty good. Reminds me of old FOB 

Ci9F4aT.jpg      bCKeHSZ.jpg      obsJ5Mr.jpg      bjt89HR.jpg
*Requests are reserved for Donators only. To learn about donating or donator perks, please visit this link.*
**Interested in becoming a Provider? Visit this link to find out how!**

R.I.P. Kyle Pavone 
June 5, 1990 - August 25, 2018

"Will I be remembered or will I be lost in loving eyes?"

They announced this single dropping with saying the album has been delayed again. Idk what they are doing rn.

But anyways, the song's solid I guess. Not my cup of tea really, but, if others like it, that's cool 

I watched you burning every bridge, then blame the smoke for your eyes burning.

With the exception of the bridge, it literally sounds like something off of WSMFY. Not sure why everyone is shitting on it so much. I could agree with the hate for the other two but this is a great song lmao. 

• Upvote 5

18 minutes ago, Coma Witch said:

With the exception of the bridge, it literally sounds like something off of WSMFY. Not sure why everyone is shitting on it so much. I could agree with the hate for the other two but this is a great song lmao. 

Because heavy=good and soft=bad apparently

I like it, but they are capable of so much more 

This song is pretty solid personally liked resentment more than this but it definitely could've been a song from WSMFY

giphy (2).gif

By no means bad, but it kinda feels like something is missing although I'm not entirely sure what that might be. Super catchy, but just missing that ADTR vibe they are known for.

• Upvote 4

8Nk56Da.jpg

This is just okay. The melody is just not hooking me. Idk I think this album might be a disappointment sadly :(

1 hour ago, Michael said:

Pretty good. Reminds me of old FOB 

This comparison for ADTR made me a little dead inside.

• Upvote 1

Not as good as Resentment but it's enjoyable. Now if only they'd give us a new release date for the album finally.

Better than 'Degenerates' but still not good, Resentment is a really good single but this is a bland and unspiring song. And wtf was that bridge close to the end? Absolutely disgusting. 4/10

Literally how every ADTR post goes:

50% of people saying it's the worst thing they've ever heard

50% of people saying it's a good song.

• Upvote 1

remember when ADTR was ADTR?

Pepperidge Farm remembers

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Through love frequency I vibe into your scope

Assuming your parameters

Encompassed and unknown

The song is definitely a grower. It would probably work in the flow of the album...if it ever releases

• Upvote 1