ANNOUNCEMENT: We are please to announce that @967-EVIL has been promoted to Administrator! Please help us in congratulating him on his promotion!
Cosmic Reaper

A Day to Remember - Mindreader [Single] (2020)

83 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Awesome, Thank you!

• Upvote 1

Thank you God (and by God I meant @Cosmic Reaper)

Great as always

• Upvote 1

Pretty catchy, thanks OP

• Upvote 2

Not a bad song very all time low type song I feel like they wrote this song lol 

Pretty good track. Sort of reminds me of All Time Low in some parts (which isn't a bad thing).

It was cute when they did this kind of style for Pop Goes Punk but now it's just boring 

• Upvote 7
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 4

klsig.png.3267830764a221b632f399d63c5c2267.png

1 minute ago, guywithamango said:

Alright song. Can't wait until 2025 when I can hear how the rest of the album sounds

if this doesn’t end up being the top voted comment I will be moderately upset 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

Jeremy said that they wanted to experiment with this album. For that reason, each song is mixed differently.
I like this. It's catchy, I just want some face melting tunes though

• Upvote 1

Don’t mind this song, pretty catchy. That being said, it’s still weird to me how ADTR had a signature, recognizable sound on nearly all their past music and are moving totally away from that... in favor of sounding like a bunch of other bands.

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1

Super simple, super catchy, still so effective. I'm claiming this one as my favorite one now!!!

• Upvote 1

0/3 for me on these new singles. I think this has just confirmed that I'm not that into ADTR anymore - I found Bad Vibrations very hit and miss and these singles have just bored me. Oh well, still got Homesick and WSMFY.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, guywithamango said:

Alright song. Can't wait until 2025 when I can hear how the rest of the album sounds

Nah that's too close, gonna be at least 100 years from now until the band are finally satisfied with the album and the artwork

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Not too bad actually, wasn't expecting much but its a bop that i can see my singing along too every now and then. 

• Upvote 1

yeah, no. not the a day to remember i used to like. 

hope there will be better stuff on the album...

• Upvote 1

tenor.gif

I mean, i like everything they do but, and the song's allright but it's like they weren't even trying on this one.

• Upvote 1

STYGKL_1.gif

1 hour ago, duck! said:

Typical song that could end up on radio.

It's definitely not bad, but compared to their past work, there's a blatant lack of inspiration imo.

I don't think that there's a lack of inspiration, inspiration is there, it's just they want to do and put out what they want to put out regardless. 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 2
  • Downvote 2

ADTR RIP

Wow if that artwork is a sample, mind blown. So glad they delayed the album in November to get us that said no one.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TylerDurden said:

Don’t mind this song, pretty catchy. That being said, it’s still weird to me how ADTR had a signature, recognizable sound on nearly all their past music and are moving totally away from that... in favor of sounding like a bunch of other bands.

It really boils down to this. These singles sound like ADTR is covering a bunch of other bands in the alt-rock genre. From instrumentation to lyrics, to Jeremy's vocal style and the shit-ton of processing on his voice.

It's catchy and with the entire album giving us context I might actually end up liking these songs, but my initial reaction to all the singles has been "eh, pretty catchy but I've heard this 10000 times over the last couple years".

• Upvote 1

Looks like I’ll be “disrespecting my surroundings” with the new August Burns Red and Drain records instead!

• Upvote 1

Time to lump ADTR up with Wage War as completely washed.

Common denominator: Jeremy McKinnon. I hope he doesn't ruin the new The Ghost Inside album.

• Downvote 3

Jeremy is such a good songwriter, and this song is no exception. Great hook and structure. I just wish his talent could be applied to more aesthetically interesting songs.

20200608_180043.png

Man, y’all really had me prepared for the worst. 

I really love this song. That’s coming from someone who didn’t really fuck with the other two songs. The verses are groovy and fun with a killer bass tone, and the chorus is catchy as all fuck. Jeremy sounds better than ever. Couldn’t ask for more. Big WSMFY vibes on this one. My hype for the album has been restored.