Chief

Grey Daze - Amends (Target Exclusive) (2020)

62 posts in this topic

I noticed there's a notification sound or two in here, I have a stream rip with no notification sounds but idk how to share here....

literally crying :cry:

First time hearing about this. I'd be in when 320 hits.

26 minutes ago, LlamaRenegade said:

I noticed there's a notification sound or two in here, I have a stream rip with no notification sounds but idk how to share here....

Submit A Leak is right at the top of the page and is the second option in the Header

3 hours ago, jacksozon said:

the vocals are objectively mediocre; hence me not liking it. I dont get why thats so hard for people to admit

your shitty ass opinion isn't at all objective. No one here agrees and idk why it's so hard for you to understand that.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2
  • Downvote 1

Rip Chester

Such a huge talent gone. Dude was my hero still hard to accept.

• Love 3

Did they rerecord this?  I thought that's what I read.  I'm psyched for 320.  

How does it sound? Is it worth waiting for 320? I generally don't like listening to 128 but the wait till the album is so long..

JFC the children in these comments saying someone is wrong for feeling a certain way about something. It's called an opinion. Nobody is right or wrong when it comes to something subjective like this. Calling people names just makes you look immature and uneducated. 

• Upvote 3

PSP JEsus.gif

Think I'm going to like this

13 hours ago, BERO said:

I'm about to cry

Not again

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 2

klsig.png.3267830764a221b632f399d63c5c2267.png

Delaying this album was such a bad decision. It wasn’t going to do numbers anyway, with or without the pandemic. Now there’s this stream going around and it’s going to sell even less in 3 months. The audio quality, however, is personally holding me back from giving it a spin.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

12 hours ago, Frak The Gods said:

JFC the children in these comments saying someone is wrong for feeling a certain way about something. It's called an opinion. Nobody is right or wrong when it comes to something subjective like this. Calling people names just makes you look immature and uneducated. 

Talent isn't subjective. Saying Chester is objectively a mediocre singer is 100% false

• Love 1

All respect to releasing more material, but Chester is the only part of this i enjoy and I won't blindly say I like this too much just because of him. The instrumental is real boring to me but that's just a part of grunge rock. I will do a listen through once we get the proper version because Chester is one of the vocalists that got me into the heavy music scene but that's probably it.

• Upvote 1

ezgif.com-crop.gif.d2fdfed799787d887a493e0c1688cea8.gif

On 4/10/2020 at 5:11 PM, jacksozon said:

fair on the 3 months thing, its just not very enjoyable to me? vocals aint it for me personally

That's probably because they had to reverse engineer Chester's vocals from the original recordings and remaster them, on account of him being dead.. So it's very early Chester Bennington, before he really took off as a vocalist.

19 hours ago, JunBringer said:

Did they rerecord this?  I thought that's what I read.  I'm psyched for 320.  

As said above, they reverse engineered the vocals so they can keep Chester on the record, but re-wrote the music around it (kind of like what Static-X are doing with old Wayne Static vocal tracks). Apparently only 2 of the songs on here sound anything like their original versions.

• Upvote 1

📂C:
📁Music
    └📁Grey Daze
       └📁Bad Songs
           └⚠This folder is empty

los principios de un gran vocalista como lo era chester

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

excelente aporte, solo esperar la subida en 320kbps, gracias

On 4/10/2020 at 5:23 PM, SpikeV1 said:

Let's be honest. If Chester wasn't dead, people would rip this record apart like they did Linkin Parks last records. Imo mediocre at best. Okay for one or two listens, but nothing remarkable and worthwhile. 

Or maybe not.

The original records of Grey Daze are a masterpiece (No Sun Today and Wake Me). Maybe for you they are insignificant, but for me they are one of the bests albums of Chester.

On 4/10/2020 at 6:55 PM, JessSkull said:

the original b12 had so much more energy, it sounded much better.. so glad i have the original albums.. this song was.. a let down.

The original albums are way better than this re-recorded/re-mastered/whatever. The only thing that is better in Amends is the re-recorded instrumentals.

So i just got done with the album.

I'd say certain songs sound better than the original and vice versa.

For example 'Whats in the eye" to me sound better than the original. With that being said chesters voice comes alive here man its unreal how this man is no longer here so I give that high praise. It's crazy to think he was a teenager with a voice of a God and it went unnoticed for the time being. "Soul song" really showed how powerful his vocals really was. I was Impressed how true they stayed to the original then add their own flare to the song esp b12. So overall (although this is a ripped stream) I give this album 7 or 8/10. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/10/2020 at 3:00 PM, Thejiggler1234 said:

Because there's nothing to admit, you're wrong.

Well, I never liked Chester's vocals. I've always put LP on top of the hyped bands list. YMMV.

• Downvote 3

1 hour ago, colddayinhell said:

Well, I never liked Chester's vocals. I've always put LP on top of the hyped bands list. YMMV.

Doesn't mean he's not talented.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, DORBUSCUS said:

Doesn't mean he's not talented.

I never said he wasn't.

The members on here trashing albums, trending or not, are wasting their time. 

Music is subjective. Don't like it, don't download/buy. WOW. LOL.

BTW, the hater on here has Aghast as their favorite band. They are incredible and obscure, so I'm almost positive he's trolling. 

• Upvote 1

I still haven’t listened to this. Can’t wait for the 320!

• Upvote 1

320 and FLAC added!

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

Screen_Shot_2020-09-04_at_7.10.32_PM.png

‘Soul Song’ on repeat. RIP Chester, too sad.

have some chance to get the 4 acoustic bonus tracks? Thank you, anyway.

Bonus/extra tracks added!

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

johnny booth.gif