967-EVIL

Dream On Dreamer - What If I Told You It Doesn't Get Better (2020)

37 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Solid album, sounds like their previous LP "It Comes and Goes" which is not a bad thing. 7/10

Favorite songs: Explict, December and Who We Are

The person who did the more minimalistic/electronic parts and intros/outros of this album did a very solid job, the rest of the band just dialed it in for most of these tracks lol. They should've just written a few fantastic songs like Stay and Don't Lose Your Heart (even though I don't particularly like this one) or, hell, a short EP, and called it quits, this just feels rushed and sounds like a worse version of their previous album, it's easily their worst release yet.

Sentimental and Regrets (this is what I'm fucking talking about as far as farewells go, beautiful song) are the best songs on this, with maybe Explicit being one of the more memorable ones, but the chorus is really shit.

It was a long time coming for this band, they've peaked quite early with Loveless and then slowly started falling off... RIP.

• Upvote 4

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

I loved it!! Even though its a farewell from these guys, i will miss their music!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Explicit is quite possibly the worst song lmfao ever. The chorus was so bad ugh. Seriously though this wasn't too bad I guess. RIP guys 😞 thanks for everything.

• Upvote 1

I’m all for versatility, but god damn Marcel needed to quit forcing the singing. I will always love this band to my core as they shaped so much of my early musical taste in the late 2000’s into the early part of the last decade but this is really an unfitting farewell. Take care DoD. 

• Upvote 1

This band's best song is Don't Lose Your Heart. This album proves that they will most likely never be at that point ever again. 

Never heard of this band before 🙈 but sounds pretty decent though 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Scroteslapper said:

This album proves that they will most likely never be at that point ever again. 

considering this will be their last release, I'd say that's very likely

disappointing album, I'll listen to Hope and Heartbound today instead.. in tribute.  one of the first bands I remember doing this sort of music tastefully.  rip 

• Love 1

21 minutes ago, degausser said:

considering this will be their last release, I'd say that's very likely

disappointing album, I'll listen to Hope and Heartbound today instead.. in tribute.  one of the first bands I remember doing this sort of music tastefully.  rip 

Oh ok, wasn't aware this was their last album. That sucks, you'd think they want to go out with a bang.

• Upvote 1

It Comes And Goes is amazing and imo one of the best core albums to ever exist, but the singles really dont make me wanna check this out... Shame theyre done though. 

Unbenannt.PNG.608ad8c221b6dcec8081cab805b2cf99.PNG

safasf.PNG.e0506e2343bf8ef53aad43fb48ead36c.PNG

1 hour ago, Scroteslapper said:

This band's best song is Don't Lose Your Heart. This album proves that they will most likely never be at that point ever again. 

I mean I highly doubt it since this is their last album

• Downvote 1

What if I told you it doesn't get better is basically my review of this album

• Upvote 2

gotta be the best thing to leak in weeks

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Through love frequency I vibe into your scope

Assuming your parameters

Encompassed and unknown

I'm kinda disappointed in this. A lot of the songs don't ever reach the heights that I feel like they could be.

6.8/10

fave songs: Explicit, Sentimental, First Light

• Upvote 1

596608895_na2020newkl.png.cf55878107374737a11284053516e96b.png

Production on this one sounds like an EP from 2006 rather than 2020. MEH.

Rip DoD, gonna miss them. 

• Sad 3

Yep sounds like a rushed last album, they didn't really bother to bring something new. Well RIP to an ex good band.

tenor.gif

Sad to see them go. Not a bad album but i don't think anything will top Loveless album for me. I remember seeing them at Soundwave festival in 2014 in Sydney and they killed it.  

• Upvote 3

Man I'm gonna miss these guys! I was lucky enough to have seen them live once and it was one HELL of a tour line up! Dream On Dreamer, The Air I Breathe, Ten After Two and Texas In July! 

2 minutes ago, jcary88 said:

@RockinXander damn thats a crazy good show! was it the classic DoD lineup, or post-McCoy?

It was the classic line up! Man that entire show was just pure fire from beginning to end. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Scroteslapper said:

they'll never be at any point again.  They broke up

• Haha 1

Y'all needa read before going at @Scroteslapper

He already acknowledged that they're breaking up, and said he didn't know 

4 hours ago, Scroteslapper said:

Oh ok, wasn't aware this was their last album. That sucks, you'd think they want to go out with a bang.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Dancing in the Dust said:

Y'all needa read before going at @Scroteslapper

He already acknowledged that they're breaking up, and said he didn't know 

I must be next level blind because I scrolled through to see if anyone had corrected him or not and I didn't see any posts.

If this album had a smell, it would be shit. This album is literally shit. 'Explicit' reminded me of Attila. I hate Attila

I commented earlier cuz I was hyped, but damn this is more than disappointing

• Haha 1

Through love frequency I vibe into your scope

Assuming your parameters

Encompassed and unknown

Ugh, another  great and amazing band, neutered by "maturity"

Don't get me wrong, I can get into one or two tracks no doubt, but the album as a whole is a hard pass for me. If you really like this type of music, their 2018 was loads better than this. This is honestly just heartbreaking. Listened to these guys for years and years and they go out with  poppy whimper of an album. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. I like the vocals on this album, but that' doesn't save the rest of it for me. Man, I hate shitting on bands I like, but this is an all around disappointment.

So...very...underwhelming...

Regardless of the quality of this album...(havnt listened yet, but I presume to be trash)...thank you for all the previous years of amazing music. You will def be missed.

• Upvote 1

i think the mix is the biggest problem with the album. for example, spirit is moving would have been a banger if it had the same production of, say, songs of soulitude.

• Upvote 1

Making my way down town. walking fast faces pass and im HOMEBOUND :jams:

• Upvote 2