mR12

Spotify/Apple Music/Streaming Weekly New Release Playlists

Would you be interested in us putting together weekly Spotify/Apple Music new release playlists for the most popular genres on KL?  

431 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in us putting together weekly Spotify/Apple Music new release playlists for the most popular genres on KL?

95 posts in this topic

YES!

Great idea plz do it.  I use spotify and their weekly release radar doesn't always have everything and that's only bands I follow too.

20 hours ago, peripheryb said:

Since I found most of the music I like here, thats sounds fantastic, I think you have to split into  7  main categories, like:

- Pop/ EDM

- Alternative rock/metal.

-Core music.

- Progressive rock/metal/djent.

- Post rock/metal.

-Death/black metal.

-Hip hop/Trap/R&B

a Punk category too please. 

• Upvote 1

I think this is a good idea.

Personally another feature I would like to see implemented is a genre search. So say I really like Deathcore, I could click in the Deathcore tab and it brings up all the recent posts by Deathcore bands.

52 minutes ago, Apple01DOJ said:

I think this is a good idea.

Personally another feature I would like to see implemented is a genre search. So say I really like Deathcore, I could click in the Deathcore tab and it brings up all the recent posts by Deathcore bands.

The closest we're going to get to that on a forum-based community is by visiting the Deathcore forum. https://kingdom-leaks.com/index.php?/forums/forum/24-deathcore/

FEATURED ALBUM • THE COLOURIST // SELF-TITLED • Indie Rock
DOWNLOAD

Honestly, the biggest help to discovering new music would be a way to allow us to sort by genre of posts so that we aren't flooded with songs, albums, etc. that we don't care about. (It Leaked had the ability to do this back in the day and it is a feature I used often).

For example... I could set show me posts that have "Post-Hardcore", "Metalcore", "Progressive Metalcore". Then, any posts tagged with any one of those would show up in my feed. Therefore I would not see Rap, Country, Pop, Pop Punk, etc.

Having this system would save me an immense amount of time scrolling through 15 - 25 pages of posts when I am only on the site every 2 - 5 days.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, cabose369 said:

Honestly, the biggest help to discovering new music would be a way to allow us to sort by genre of posts so that we aren't flooded with songs, albums, etc. that we don't care about. (It Leaked had the ability to do this back in the day and it is a feature I used often).

For example... I could set show me posts that have "Post-Hardcore", "Metalcore", "Progressive Metalcore". Then, any posts tagged with any one of those would show up in my feed. Therefore I would not see Rap, Country, Pop, Pop Punk, etc.

Having this system would save me an immense amount of time scrolling through 15 - 25 pages of posts when I am only on the site every 2 - 5 days.

Thanks for posting. This is something many users have suggested in the past and something we've looked into. It's unfortunately one of the limitations of a forum-based community driven software. Discovery of content is not as good as data-driven sites. It's a sacrifice we took for the community.

The best way to do what you want is to bookmark those genre forums and open those tabs from a bookmarks folder when you want to find music. But of course, sometimes something is tagged as "Alternative Rock, Post-Hardcore" and ends up in the Alternative Rock forum. We can't get around that unfortunately. 

• Upvote 2

FEATURED ALBUM • THE COLOURIST // SELF-TITLED • Indie Rock
DOWNLOAD

12 hours ago, mR12 said:

I get what you're saying here, and this is definitely gonna be the biggest thing to figure out. If we're going to have a team of playlists creators, they'd have to be knowledgeable enough. Plus they'd have to be able to curate the playlist in less than 24 hours, which is a pretty quick turnaround. Finding reliable people is harder than it sounds.

I'd put my hand up to take on the heavier side of things, but my plate is full enough with work as it is.

Pumped if this happens

Definately something I'd be interested in. Found tons of new bands thanks to this site.

Always on the lookout for more!

• Upvote 1

I'd be up for following them all tbh, especially a J/K Pop one or Hardcore :) sounds like a great idea! 

• Upvote 1

Sounds like a wonderful idea! I was just thinking how i wish i could see whats come out lately in a specific genre rather than scrolling forever..

Yeah very good idea! I would like also one playlist with best songs from multiple genres so I can discover some good stuff in genres that I am not so familiar with more easily. It would be great if you could add rar file with all the songs from the playlist to each playlist. If I like most of the songs from given playlist I then wouldn´t have to search and download song by song, altough I know that would be probably a long shot as it would require a bit of work. Also I like the idea of a playlist with songs from staff picks panel so we can listen to and discover that even more easily in periods with less time available. Thanks for all your efforts.

20 hours ago, mR12 said:

The closest we're going to get to that on a forum-based community is by visiting the Deathcore forum. https://kingdom-leaks.com/index.php?/forums/forum/24-deathcore/

1st, thank you for all that you do. 

2nd, if that's the case, could I request a Doom Metal section?

IVE WANTED THIS FOR SO LONG!!!!!! 💯💯💯🙏🙏🙏♥️♥️♥️

Love and support this idea 100%. I discovered countless artists in this site. 

I would very much enjoy this! 

Awesome idea, 👍 from me. 

This would be so useful! Excellent idea!!

10/10 idea

On 4/10/2020 at 3:08 PM, Dickface said:

The website is just in need of some actual quality-control on music postings. Way too many people just barfing their shitty music collections onto the front page. I guarantee at least 50% of the stuff posted here on a daily basis get less than 5 downloads total. It's just spam and clutter that makes it hard to find anything good because you have wade through pages of garbage like "Antichrist Demoncore" and "Herbie: Fully Loaded Soundtrack"

Stfu you pretentious twat

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Dickface said:

It's completely true and KIngdom knows it. I'm sorry that your feelings are hurt because no one wants to listen to the garage band from your middle school. 

Knows what that you are pretentious twat?

• Haha 1

On 4/10/2020 at 9:08 AM, Dickface said:

The website is just in need of some actual quality-control on music postings. Way too many people just barfing their shitty music collections onto the front page. I guarantee at least 50% of the stuff posted here on a daily basis get less than 5 downloads total. It's just spam and clutter that makes it hard to find anything good because you have wade through pages of garbage like "Antichrist Demoncore" and "Herbie: Fully Loaded Soundtrack"

This site in it's core is for all things music. It has everything for everyone. It's not going to turn into an I See Stars fan site. 

• Upvote 2

Ci9F4aT.jpg      bCKeHSZ.jpg      obsJ5Mr.jpg      bjt89HR.jpg
*Requests are reserved for Donators only. To learn about donating or donator perks, please visit this link.*
**Interested in becoming a Provider? Visit this link to find out how!**

R.I.P. Kyle Pavone 
June 5, 1990 - August 25, 2018

"Will I be remembered or will I be lost in loving eyes?"

Just now, Dickface said:

When nobody is downloading the music you post, it's not for anyone. 

I mean we can literally see what is getting downloaded and thats false but its pretty obvious you are being a troll so I will just leave you with your name that you live up to 

2 minutes ago, Dickface said:

When nobody is downloading the music you post, it's not for anyone. 

How do you know it doesn't get any downloads? Last time I checked we don't have a way to see downloads on the site. 

*Requests are reserved for Donators only. To learn about donating or donator perks, please visit this link.*

R.I.P. Kyle Pavone 

Just now, Dickface said:

Lmao look at the two crying "Providers" contradicting themselves. 

On site is the key word to my reply. 

R.I.P. Kyle Pavone 

2 minutes ago, Dickface said:

You must not think very hard 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Dickface said:

Learn to read lol