Sign in to follow this  
Dickhead

Top 10 Bands/Artists That Grew on You/Made You Realize You Were Being A Dickhead For Not Liking

15 posts in this topic

Steely Dan

Lou Reed

Jay- Z

Prince

AC/DC

MIles Davis

Fugazi

Roxy Music

Neil Young

Stevie Wonder

Possibly dug around in my dad rock bag a little too long, but I can't fight it.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

alright im gonna say it

N I C K E L B A C K

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

EFo5Hj3XoAAmas3.jpg

Bring Me The Horizon

Motionless in White 

Veil Of Maya

Northlane

Underoath

La Dispute

Enter Shikari

Chunk! No, Captain Chunk 

Chelsea Grin

Oceans Ate Alaska

• Upvote 2

Honestly don't think I could do a top ten, but the band I used to be the most saltiest about for the longest time was definitely Radiohead. Their fanbase and popularity definitely came into factor just as much as the naysayers. Had them in and out of my music library multiple times, one of them being because I hated how I would think of my ex-friend when listening to them, as Radiohead is his favorite band. Thankfully, I'm on much better terms with them now. Love their music, for their music.

• Upvote 2

The purest, non-conformist jaded subhuman terrorist.

5 minutes ago, Edgekrvzher said:

Honestly don't think I could do a top ten, but the band I used to be the most saltiest about for the longest time was definitely Radiohead. Their fanbase and popularity definitely came into factor just as much as the naysayers. Had them in and out of my music library multiple times, one of them being because I hated how I would think of my ex-friend when listening to them, as Radiohead is his favorite band. Thankfully, I'm on much better terms with them now. Love their music, for their music.

Son...I'm the king of not giving shit a chance because someone with a wrestling t-shirt liked it. I was in the same boat with Radiohead as well lol. Somewhere along the way I just sort of submitted to letting hipsters be my tastemakers with certain genres. Not gonna go grab coffee with them barefoot anytime soon, but they like some cool shit.

• Upvote 1

Dance Gavin Dance

The hype for that band got on my nerves for a long time and one day I decided to give it a shot while cooking so I'd understand why everyone was a sucker for that band.

I actually loved it and felt bad for being such a closed mind for so long. Now I usually listen to that while cooking

• Upvote 2

I thought Paramore was mediocre and very overrated. After Laughter made me realise that they're actually good and I love that album (the other albums are good too).

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

I can’t think of 10 off the top of my head but definitely Dance Gavin Dance, for a while I really just didn’t get it (to the point where I talked shit about them a lot) but by the time Artificial Selection dropped I was a full convert

• Upvote 2

Honestly who’s ashamed of liking what they like? Peoples tastes change over time but you should never feel insecure about liking something just cause it’s the cool thing to hate it. 

• Upvote 3

i think there is a big part of taste change in these picks. And sometimes more recent albums make me want to listen back the older stuff.

That's all i can think right now:

Counterparts, for whatever reason

Stray from the path, couldn't get into their previous albums before Internal Atomics came out, but now i just, "get it"

For The Fallen Dreams

Jimmy Eat World

Can't believe i'm going to say this but, Polaris (?!?!!?!)

The Story So Far

Strung Out

• Upvote 2

STYGKL_1.gif

Knocked Loose

• Upvote 4

Thornhill

Circa Survive

Twelve foot ninja 

Veil of maya

only ones I can think of rn but was def being a casual and I repented 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Babymetal

Bloody Hell.

Knuckle Puck.  I love them now just like refused to like them for some reason.  No idea why.

• Upvote 1

I would say the whole genre of Country/Pop Country itself. I used to hate on all things country when I was in high school and it took going to a few Country concerts to understand.

I