Chief

Miss Fortune - Miss Fortune (2020)

26 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Oh hell yes!!! So beyond hyped for this album. Regardless what Mikey may or may not have done in the past. It still does not take away the fact that I've always been a fan of this bands music. Thank you for leaking this. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

So what did this Mikey guy actually do? Also is the band the same people as the first album?

• Love 1

Just now, theblackswan35 said:

So what did this Mikey guy actually do? Also is the band the same people as the first album?

To reduce shitposting, I would just use google. And no, Mikey is the only original member.

• Upvote 4

1c10a72c9c1f1d5ceb0bdb84ca32666c.png

Feel like I shouldn’t but dang I really enjoy this. 

• Upvote 3

Wow, this crushed my expectations. I liked the singles a fair bit, but didn't expect it to be this good. Catchy hooks on every song, some of the best sonic diversity I've heard in a while, and who said Exit Strategy could be so heavy?

It will take a more listens, but this might end up on an aoty list. Love this

• Upvote 3

20200608_180043.png

Waiting for that guy from literally every MF post that screeches over Mikey like no one's aware of what he's been accused of in the past 

• Love 3

1 hour ago, YouthInRevolt2020 said:

Oh hell yes!!! So beyond hyped for this album. Regardless what Mikey may or may not have done in the past. It still does not take away the fact that I've always been a fan of this bands music. Thank you for leaking this. 

Man I can't agree with you anymore than this. You are spot on correct here. I agree fully with what you have said. 

This album is so damn good and very solid! I also agree that this album very well could be on the list of possible aoty. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Can't believe it's only been 6 years since A Spark to Believe was released. Personally for me, that feels like a lifetime ago, I was in a different state, in a different relationship, life was not going my way at that time in my life. But for anyone curious, top tracks from that album if you haven't heard it before are "I've got a Five Point Plan" and "Chasing Dreams" 

I kinda wanted to leave some of the past stuff in the past, but since everyone thus far has been rather open minded and positive about this, I think I owe it to myself to give this a spin. Thanks KL community :)

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

42 minutes ago, Dancing in the Dust said:

Waiting for that guy from literally every MF post that screeches over Mikey like no one's aware of what he's been accused of in the past 

You really don't like Mike

• Love 1

20200608_180043.png

The first song No Hesitation is just wow... So many emotions. I had to listen to it 5 times in a row after the first listen.

I used to love these guys first album when i was 23 - now I am now 29 and life has changed a lot as well a my music taste. I struggle to find quality albums these days...
But this album gives me shivers all over. It so bloody nice to have that feeling about music again.

Well played Miss Fortune, Well played.

• Love 1

My expectations were pretty high after Hearts on Fire. But wow, this is actually really good so far and I'm only on the fourth song. Tragic Scene and The Shade Can't Save You remind me of why I loved A Spark to Believe so much.

Edit: This album blew my expectations away, honestly. Outside of No Hesitation (not a bad song, just not really my flavor at all.), there isn't a bad song on this record. Exit Strategy or The Shade Can't Save You are probably my favorites after a first listen. 

• Love 1

FLAC added!

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

As someone with generally mixed feelings towards the general musical output of Miss Fortune, this album far surpassed my expectations

• Upvote 2

Is weird see a miss fortune album to me always be this only song

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 2

Now that's really sick!!!!!

• Upvote 1

So the last I heard of these guys, they had just dropped When the Lights Go Out to universal hate...so what changed?

• Love 2

5 hours ago, Dancing in the Dust said:

As someone with generally mixed feelings towards the general musical output of Miss Fortune, this album far surpassed my expectations

for a great low rate you can get online, go to the general and save some time

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

20200608_180043.png

I've always been an advocate of separating the art from the artist, to me the personal lives of musicians in relation to your personal moral compass don't really matter, the music does. 

This is some pretty good shit, definitely better than the last album and on par with their debut imo.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

Gonna be honest, I wasn't too impressed by this record. I personally feel like it was overhyped a bit. It's definitely a step in the right direction for the band and I'm curious to see where take things following this record.

• Love 1

Good stuff 👍

• Love 1
  • Downvote 1

Can't stand the vocals, it is way too whiney. Which is a shame since the rest is good.

• Love 1
  • Downvote 1

Had no expectations at all, gave this record two spins and actually pleased. Not ground breaking but nothing bad here, very decent album

• Love 1

a few decent tracks, but overall their sound doesn't make for bangers. not into their cleans really

i kinda liked no hesitation, tragic scene, hearts on fire, and exit strategy

Through love frequency I vibe into your scope

Assuming your parameters

Encompassed and unknown

That Tragic Scene ending is just fucking gnarly, I love it :D 
Overall the record is very enjoyable, it has happy vibes, sad vibes...it's melancholic, it's like a mix of past work with a spice of something new
Also, Hearts On Fire sounds kinda like from last Atreyu album with the drumming

• Love 1

I checked this out because it was trending and I'm glad I did this is great stuff front to back. My top 5 have to be No Hesitation, Tragic Scene, The Shade Can't Save You, Laugh At My Lessons and Fentanyl.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

giphy (2).gif