Summers

RED - Declaration (2020)

43 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

MY HYPE IS ENGAGED

Let's go boys!!!!

• Downvote 1

Awesome! This may be the heaviest RED has ever been, been looking forward to this for a while. 

• Upvote 3

Not a bad album at all, easily their heaviest project without losing what made them great in the first place, shame about the production though, dude's vocals might be the most expresisve yet, but the rest of the instrumentals are muffled as shit, album could rival their early few or Of Beauty. Really glad they once again returned to making what they're great at instead of experimenting and failing (Gone, Release The Panic). Would be sick if they kept their signature sound but went for a shorter number of songs but made them longer and less structured, could really get into those kinds of ideas, and they actually were on the right track on Of Beauty, it has to be my fave release even if it is a bit too long and some songs aren't as expansive or intriguing as the best of the crop.

• Upvote 7

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

"Float" is the heaviest song Red has ever done, holy shit. His screams are fucking vicious.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, desk said:

Not a bad album at all, easily their heaviest project without losing what made them great in the first place, shame about the production though, dude's vocals might be the most expresisve yet, but the rest of the instrumentals are muffled as shit, album could rival their early few or Of Beauty. Really glad they once again returned to making what they're great at instead of experimenting and failing (Gone, Release The Panic). Would be sick if they kept their signature sound but went for a shorter number of songs but made them longer and less structured, could really get into those kinds of ideas, and they actually were on the right track on Of Beauty, it has to be my fave release even if it is a bit too long and some songs aren't as expansive or intriguing as the best of the crop.

I agree with pretty much all of this. I will say many of RED's softer songs are also some of their finest (Take It All Away, Hymn For The Missing), but it's always great to hear some heavy tracks. I think had they released less singles this would have felt like a more balanced record because many of the non singles hit the same. I feel early on it's a step up and more complete than Gone but do have concerns that some of the songs are a bit similar. 

The album cover reminds me of of Whitesnake's album cover of Slip of the Tongue

I never got into Red.  I hear this is their heaviest album. Which album do you guys this is their best?

Very heavy, thanks for the upload!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, MrPreApocalypse said:

oh the new Emery album <3...

oh wait

Naw... its the new Whitesnake album

1 hour ago, Jona said:

Innocence & Instinct is definitely their best. 

until we have faces ties it, imo

• Upvote 1

was hoping this would be a little heavier than the others, def some good stuff

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Jona said:

Innocence & Instinct is definitely their best. 

I actually think Of Beauty and Rage is slightly overall better.  Probably not a popular opinion.  Nothing else really comes close to those two (haven't heard this album yet) in terms of a full album.  They all have something to offer though, Until We Have Faces has my favorite song of theirs at least (Let It Burn).

• Upvote 3

I gotta say, I'm fucking sick of good bands putting out good albums with absolute shit mixes. Who is green lighting all this mediocrity? Listen to your albums, musicians. They sound ugly.

• Haha 1

Only fight
It's similar to a song Blue Stahli - ULTRAnumb
for me

3 minutes ago, Thatoneguy335 said:

I gotta say, I'm fucking sick of good bands putting out good albums with absolute shit mixes. Who is green lighting all this mediocrity? Listen to your albums, musicians. They sound ugly.

It's entirely possible that them recording this independently freed them up to make much better music which is also the reason for the shit mix.

• Upvote 1

Amazing record. I honestly dropped interest since Release the Panic, but wow this album is really good, I'm finding in it what I used to love about that band

Nothing will top End of Silence but I'm totally biased and not objective, however I'll spin this one a lot, for sure

320 and FLAC added!

14 hours ago, BungleMan said:

I never got into Red.  I hear this is their heaviest album. Which album do you guys this is their best?

End of Silence. The 10th anniversary edition has some solid extra tracks in it.

• Upvote 1

RED - Declaration REVIEW:

All For You - 4/5
Infidel - 3/5
Cauterize - 3/5
The War We Made - 5/5
The Evening Hate - 5/5
Float - 4/5
The Victim - 4.5/5
Sever - 3.5/5
Only Fight - 3/5 - sounds like re-used drums from release the panic album
From the Ashes -  3.5/5

For sure the hardest record. People will hate me but Gone was my favourite record next to release the panic. But this does have some decent tracks on it.

I'd say check out the record :) 

1 minute ago, BenjaminBurnley said:

RED - Declaration REVIEW:

All For You - 4/5
Infidel - 3/5
Cauterize - 3/5
The War We Made - 5/5
The Evening Hate - 5/5
Float - 4/5
The Victim - 4.5/5
Sever - 3.5/5
Only Fight - 3/5 - sounds like re-used drums from release the panic album
From the Ashes -  3.5/5

For sure the hardest record. People will hate me but Gone was my favourite record next to release the panic. But this does have some decent tracks on it.

This guy is wrong, I repeat, this guy is very wrong

This record is so odd for me. OBAR was a fucking masterpiece and i really dug the heavy songs on gone. For some reason this album isnt doing it for me because it feels in a lot of ways like a retread. Yes its more consistently heavy but in the usual red way we have heard tons of times. Now the heavy songs on gone really tried new things. My biggest gripe so far tho are the choruses. Thats usually the best aspect for me but there just not pulling me in. Im sure it will grow over time!

Cool Stuff. Definitely no where near as generic as the past 2-3 full lengths. I felt they had alot of Pro Tools like background fillers on them. I can hear alot of old Chevelle in these songs! "The Victim" is really good on first listen and "Only Fight" sounds like American Head Charge

1 hour ago, BenjaminBurnley said:

You are the first person I see who chooses this bands worst two albums as his fave

• Upvote 1

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif