Chief

August Burns Red - Guardians (2020)

86 posts in this topic

It’s good. They expanded upon their sound and added some nice elements. For me it falls into that 3 or 4 spot in their discography.

Other Releases by

I really dig this album. I’m usually kind of torn on them. Everyone in this band is great at what they do, and make good songs, but they usually don’t hold my attention after a week or two. I think this one will be different, this album is pretty darn good. 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Maximo said:

no saturday 

Nuh-uh, Sunday.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Coma Witch said:

Fantastic album, one of their best. Really glad that they strove for something a little different on this one, I found myself a little disappointed with Phantom Anthem because their sound was becoming so static. So many top tier ABR songs on this thing. Favorites are for sure The Narrative (aka the best ABR opening song ever), Paramount, Defender, Dismembered Memory, Ties That Bind, and Empty Heaven. 

I adored Defender as a single and that's what's actually got me to pre-order the CD, and I even pre-ordered the signed CD. Can't wait to listen to this! I'm honestly gonna wait to bang it for the first time with my CD

=8) Thanks !

This album was the soundtrack to my Warzone wins today. Banger from start to finish, thank you for the leak!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, DisturbedOne said:

Well its official. This is the best album ive ever heard

Listen to Counterparts - You're not you anymore

• Upvote 3
  • Love 3
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 5

Definitely gonna wait for 320 but you guys are seriously amazing for this nonetheless <3 

Are we just NOT gonna talk about how absolutely spectacular "Lighthouse" is?! I listened to it 3 times in a row before continuing on with the album and my chills are still present lol this album is ridiculous. Just...wow. Their best album yet IMO. So many great metalcore bands are only just reaching their prime. AOTY for me, calling it now.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Metalcore not dead.

• Upvote 1

I'm stranded in Bolivia under quarantine and have endless time so here's my little breakdown. Great album! As per most ABR records I find they usually have 4-5 bangers and 4-5 nice but non-rememberable tracks and for me this is no different. Regardless very enjoyable listen through. Bring on 320kbps!!

1. The Narrative - 4/5 - builds in intensity, great intro track highlighting the musical technicalality and heaviness of the record.
2. Bones - 4.5/5 - Tasty chorus which the song is pretty centered around, love the leads.
3. Paramount - 4.75/5 - Diverse: Heavy, Melodic, Technical, Sexyyy. The leads from 3:20-4:00 are a real highlight of the album for me.
4. Defender - 3.5/5 - The first falls into the 'forgettable ABR moments' for me but the from the breakdown onwards is redeemable; theres gonna be some broken noses in the pit!
5. Lighthouse - 3/5 - Softest song on the record, has some nice melodies, sounds like Dustin singing chorus's but one of the weaker songs for me.
6. Dismembered Memory - 3.5/5 - Another decent song, has a couple tasty riffs and chugs but not overly rememberable.
7. Ties That Bind - 4/5 - Nice melody which builds into that filthy, bouncey breakdown that ABR just perfect.
8. Bloodletter - 4/5 - mmm that last couple minutes of chug is very sonically pleasing.
9. Extinct by Instinct 3.5/5 - What ABR record would be complete without a JB interlude. Ill say its a rich song but doesn't grasp me too much.
10. Empty Heaven - 5/5 - Awesome bouncey leads which blend perfectly with heavy verses - pretty much a perfect ABR song. Will be really keen to get the lyrics to this.
11. Three Fountains - 3.5/5 A nice rich closer, dont care for the first couple minutes but it rounds off the album nicely.

• Upvote 2

Fantastic album from a band I've been listening to for many many years. I still remember when thrillseeker came out when I was a senior in high school back in 2005 and it was unlike anything I had ever heard before. I'm looking forward to hearing this in 320!

• Upvote 2

rsz_1tapestry1000x-pad750x1000f8f8f8u1.jpg

2 hours ago, Venomborn said:

Are we just NOT gonna talk about how absolutely spectacular "Lighthouse" is?! I listened to it 3 times in a row before continuing on with the album and my chills are still present lol this album is ridiculous. Just...wow. Their best album yet IMO. So many great metalcore bands are only just reaching their prime. AOTY for me, calling it now.

"Take another Look Around, There's soo much lost to bee foooound" Absolutely love it

• Love 1

tumblr_mb34zsMLZ51r74zpdo1_500.gif

Oh, I'm gonna fucking cum, I'm gonna fucking cum. I'm about to be a one-man bukkake up in this B.

• Love 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 4

I love it. Definite contender for my favorite ABR record. There’s something about the songwriting that’s a little different here. Like it’s a little more accessible and hooky...but still full of odd time signatures and whatnot. I think they killed it. They pushed the breakdowns to the forefront too. Honestly not sure what you could complain about here. Production and mix is gold too. 👏🏻🤘🏻🙌🏻

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This is like a more progressive version of all their previous albums into one record infused with more chaos, passion and spirit. You can FEEL it so hard on this one compared to Phantom Anthem. This is top tier metalcore at its finest.

This Album slaps so hard.

The Breakdown in "Ties That Bind" is fucking nut. Best Song overall is "Empty Heaven".

Going to Pre-Order this Beast now

• Upvote 1

Amazing album. I'm totally in love, it's like the best of their past releases blended together

Favorite tracks: Paramount, Dismembered memory, Extinct by instinct, Bloodletter, Three Fountains

hope its better there the last 3 releases in total.. you guys give me high expectations for this one! I try not to listen to metal and give an accurate opinion unless its 320 quality:)

22 hours ago, Cheesuz_Crisp said:

Listen to Counterparts - You're not you anymore

I dont even like counterparts 😂😂😂

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

tumblr_mb34zsMLZ51r74zpdo1_500.gif

10 minutes ago, DisturbedOne said:

I'm sorry for this

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, DisturbedOne said:

oke boemer 

• Haha 1

klsig.png.3267830764a221b632f399d63c5c2267.png

18 hours ago, Sundance Rain said:

Oh, I'm gonna fucking cum, I'm gonna fucking cum. I'm about to be a one-man bukkake up in this B.

Gross

Hell yes. This band is so consistently good!

Thanks for the upload!

1 hour ago, DisturbedOne said:

Hello. Im sorry ._.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Still prefer Constellations and Messengers. They were my fav ABR records. This is the best record they have put out since then for sure. Last few albums were pretty disappointing to me.

On a side note thhough I must say I'm just not a huge fan of the guitar tones on this record. It sounds fucking weird.

3 hours ago, DisturbedOne said:

ABR ain't my fav Metalcore band, not even close, but one can't compare counterparts to ABR. It's a disgrace metioning counterparts next to ABR. In other words, counterparts is trash, and I mean like bottom of the barrel trash.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2
  • Downvote 3

tumblr_pdnnq8zdjV1wphcbjo1_500.gif

2 hours ago, FallenZA said:

It's a disgrace metioning counterparts next to ABR. In other words, counterparts is trash, and I mean like bottom of the barrel trash.

If you think Counterparts are "bottom of the barrel trash," you really must not know much about music, let alone, the Metalcore genre. As a fan of them, I can get why people would criticize them for not progressing and maybe even sounding samey in places (I'm pretty sure August Burns Red gets the same shit too), but bottom of the barrel trash? I could list tons of the horrible Metalcore bands I've came across over the years and they'll make Counterparts sound like the best band to come out of the genre in comparison. No need to be over-the-top, if you don't like Counterparts, I think that's just fine.

• Upvote 5

The purest, non-conformist jaded subhuman terrorist.

@Edgekrvzher this is definitely my favorite abr album since constellations. 

obvious trolling, why even engage 

Idk the login for passtheleak