Chief

Enter Shikari - THE GREAT UNKNOWN [Single] (2020)

33 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Hell yeah this one's a jam for sure.

johnny booth.gif

I'm really really hyped for this album great opening track

• Upvote 2

ezgif-4-691fb700c39e.gif.3ecc240b91235490915e500fd7210f2a.gif

Outstanding opener, can't wait for this album!

This genuinely is shaping up to be their best release unless something goes terribly wrong with the rest of the tracklist.

• Upvote 5

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

bruh

EFo5Hj3XoAAmas3.jpg

the hooks are real on this album man

Holy shit, this bangs so hard, perfect mix od keyboard, synth, slapping beat and guitar for extra depth of instrumental. They are going for the AOTY so fucking hard

Still hoping for something heavier, still hoping...but my hope is slowly fainting

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Shikari's coming hard with this album it seems

Gonna wait for the release but fuuuck so tempting to download and listen to this... but i wanna have most of the album fresh to enjoy all at once.

2 hours ago, desk said:

This genuinely is shaping up to be their best release unless something goes terribly wrong with the rest of the tracklist.

Which of their previous releases do you enjoy the most?

20200902_221303.jpg

Fairly sure this album won't have any heavy but they've found a good balance with their electronics and melody this time. This is a good example of a band maturing imo.

That was good enough I can say!!

The-Devil-Wears-Prada (2).jpg

OH my god the keys are unreal my man !!!!
I am loving the shit outta the synths, melodies with the groove cause thats what Shikari's all about
This album will be so good

Probably my least favorite of the 4 songs so far, but it's still good.  Still holding out for something reminiscent of AFFOC/TTTS, seeing as they said this album will encompass all of Shikari's sounds, but I think it'll still be great even if it doesn't have anything heavy.  But I also liked The Spark so what do I know lol

• Upvote 2

Killer track!

Thanks

8 hours ago, neebnoob18 said:

Which of their previous releases do you enjoy the most?

I only consider Flash to be a great album from start to end, others either didn't age well and/or have too much filler. This album's aesthetic is on point so far.

• Upvote 1

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

WOW amazing.

Not as good as the opener to the Mindsweep or AFFOC but sick nonetheless. I really like how they're expanding their DNB influence.

This album sounds like it'll pick up from the Mindsweep's sound.

Let's just forget The Spark even happened.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Their best Opener is System..., if I like this or the one from the Mindsweep more - time will tell. I also like the intro to TTTS, but primarily because of nostalgic concert reasons, I guess. This shapes up to be so good. 

• Upvote 1

DAMN. Shikari are by far my all-time favourite band, and I wasn't sure what to expect with this album. I didn't hate The Spark but it was a step down IMO. But WOW these singles (especially this one) have absolutely blown me away. Genuinely shaping up to beat AFFOC to my favourite Shikari album.

4 hours ago, desk said:

I only consider Flash to be a great album from start to end, others either didn't age well and/or have too much filler. This album's aesthetic is on point so far.

I agree about Flash, but l think a major part of its greatness is how experimental it is. These singles have definitely been enjoyable, but they're not as weird or irregular like most of Flash's songs were

• Upvote 2

20200902_221303.jpg

8 hours ago, Cam979 said:

Let's just forget The Spark even happened.

ABSOLUTELY NOT

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1

Oh. My. God.

This Song is so good. Wow... best Single so far. Cant wait for the Album 

4 hours ago, neebnoob18 said:

I agree about Flash, but l think a major part of its greatness is how experimental it is. These singles have definitely been enjoyable, but they're not as weird or irregular like most of Flash's songs were

I think that the first half of The Mindsweep is their best work, tbh. Flash is their best album only if we include Destabilize and Quelle Surprise among the songs. 

8 minutes ago, lsl said:

I think that the first half of The Mindsweep is their best work, tbh. Flash is their best album only if we include Destabilize and Quelle Surprise among the songs. 

Agree to disagree. Those songs are straight fire, but stuff like Warm Smiles, Sssnakepit, Arguing with Thermometers, and even Constellations are just as good as them

• Upvote 4

20200902_221303.jpg

So happy to hear how much energy they've come back with on these first 4 songs. I enjoyed the spark for what it was but damn this is shaping up to be their best release yet

Damn this song is nuts I just wish the breakdown was a bit longer 

AOTY incomiiiiiingg

• Upvote 1

STYGKL_1.gif