ANNOUNCEMENT: We are please to announce that @967-EVIL has been promoted to Administrator! Please help us in congratulating him on his promotion!
Summers

All Time Low - Wake Up, Sunshine (Japanese Edition) (2020)

71 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Oh yeah, my poppy bois be back!

• Love 1

596608895_na2020newkl.png.cf55878107374737a11284053516e96b.png

Wasn't expecting today 😲😲 thank you so much

I was just saying the other day how either the band will put it out early or it will leak earlier because the boys kept putting out the songs

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Angerbanjo said:

I was just saying the other day how either the band will put it out early or it will leak earlier because the boys kept putting out the songs

From what alex said there's a documentary and other stuff just to promote the album more 

• Upvote 2

From last young renegade this album is amazing brings the old vibes of pop punk all time low we know definitely gonna be up there for album of the year 

• Upvote 2

Woah wasnt expecting this today. Gunna start jamming!

Yes! Can't wait to listen to this, the singles are 🔥

Something about the album feels like there is something left to be desired about it. It feels just a bit too... safe.

7.5/10

• Upvote 4

596608895_na2020newkl.png.cf55878107374737a11284053516e96b.png

Fucking love you kingdom leaks

• Upvote 1

Oh yes this is seriously really damn good and definitely a major step back in the right direction from Last Young Renegade. 

This is amazing. Early leader for Album of the year. Until abr comes out 

• Haha 2

This is alright I feel when it comes to poppy pop punk these days Waterparks are probably the trailblazers of that right now, idk just feel this is too safe for an album this far in their career. Also would argue Four Year Strong's latest effort is a lot better in the pop punk department in general and probably AOTY so far in that genre

• Upvote 2

This album is genuinely good. Definitely their best album since Don't Panic. This album really proves they do this better than anyone else in the genre but have never really phoned it in until now and kept experimenting since Don't Panic. This is the proper evolution of Don't Panic and it's their best work yet.

WUS really shows Alex's talent in writing catchiest songs and why Mark even loves him. Glitter & Crimson is a song their peers could never write. Feel like this is gonna be the one that finally breaks them into mainstream. Of course what's going on in the world right now which'll boost everything, but general, this is gonna be big.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, jerreslara said:

This album is genuinely good. Definitely their best album since Don't Panic. Feel like this is gonna be the one that finally breaks them into mainstream

I would say they have already done that future hearts got number 1 album in the uk and number 2 in america so would say they smashed mainstream already 

2 minutes ago, Andydobson12 said:

I would say they have already done that future hearts got number 1 album in the uk and number 2 in america so would say they smashed mainstream already 

Guess I mean overall charts. This entire album is them the best they've ever been. It's gonna be bigger than Future Hearts I think. It's far superior to it. I think it'll break pop charts too, which they've never done before. Like FoB or Panic levels.

2 minutes ago, jerreslara said:

Guess I mean overall charts. This entire album is them the best they've ever been. It's gonna be bigger than Future Hearts I think. It's far superior to it. I think it'll break pop charts too, which they've never done before. Like FoB or Panic levels.

I'd be shocked if doesn't do well it is a very solid album 

4 minutes ago, Andydobson12 said:

I'd be shocked if doesn't do well it is a very solid album 

Yeah I think it's gonna be big. Monsters with Blackbear I feel like that's gonna break pop charts easily considering Blackbear is in the top charts even right now. LYG was definitely a passion project for them. It's clear Alex wanted to write vibey electronic synth stuff. Thankfully, he got to continue that with Mark in Simple Creatures which just helped him further to make this album as good as it is. Simple Creatures was definitely necessary cause I don't think this would have came out this good had he not experimented there.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, jerreslara said:

Yeah I think it's gonna be big. Monsters with Blackbear I feel like that's gonna break pop charts easily considering Blackbear is in the top charts even right now. LYG was definitely a passion project for them. It's clear Alex wanted to write vibey electronic synth stuff. Thankfully, he got to continue that with Mark in Simple Creatures which just helped him further to make this album as good as it is. Simple Creatures was definitely necessary cause I don't think this would have came out this good had he not experimented there.

You can tell I ain't a blackbear fan lol I thought he was a DJ but he raps on it but well said comment totally agree 

37 minutes ago, jerreslara said:

This album is genuinely good. Definitely their best album since Don't Panic. There's elements of Green Day and Foo Fighters all over this, Wake Up, Sunshine specifically sounds like Green Day and Foo Fighters made a song together. This album really proves they do this better than anyone else in the genre but have never really phoned it in until now and kept experimenting since Don't Panic. This is the proper evolution of Don't Panic and it's their best work yet.

WUS really shows Alex's talent in writing catchiest songs and why Mark even loves him. Glitter & Crimson is a song their peers could never write. Feel like this is gonna be the one that finally breaks them into mainstream. Of course what's going on in the world right now which'll boost everything, but general, this is gonna be big.

I do not hear foo fighters on this record at all.

4 minutes ago, Cormando182 said:

I do not hear foo fighters on this record at all.

Should have clarified. Wake Up, Sunshine was the one I was referring too. It sounds like Green Day and Foo Fighters combined. Rest of the album doesn't. Wake, Up Sunshine's verses to me sound like Green Day and the chorus\bridge sounds like Foo Fighters, obviously a more pop version, but yeah.

• Upvote 1

Not gonna argue with what every one thinks, to me it's a 10/10, maybe i'm biased, maybe i'm not, but that's the first album i wouldn't throw away any songs, they all fit in perfectly.

Aoty for me, even tho, we know it's not gonna happen here, since it's more a metal scene.

Stay safe anyway guys, during this time, and enjoy some good music and good leaks!

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Smilekid said:

Not gonna argue with what every one thinks, to me it's a 10/10, maybe i'm biased, maybe i'm not, but that's the first album i wouldn't throw away any songs, they all fit in perfectly.

Aoty for me, even tho, we know it's not gonna happen here, since it's more a metal scene.

Stay safe anyway guys, during this time, and enjoy some good music and good leaks!

I don't know if you noticed but everyone here is praising the album so I think no one's arguing with you Lol I think it's fantastic. I agree with you that every song fits and belongs, no throwaways. Which is crazy because all their past album since Don't Panic have had songs that feel like they don't belong or are throwaways yet they were all shorter too. This has 15 songs, it's like their longest album and feels like their most complete.

This is all I’ve wanted from a new All Time Low album since Don’t Panic. The time signature changes on “Trouble Is” were quite unexpected!

• Upvote 1

This is a pretty solid album. Agreed on people saying this is their best since Don't Panic, it's the direction I was hoping they'd go for after that record. It's leagues better than LYR as I expected/hoped for. And it's just a fun, catchy record that has some jammers on it. Favorites are Trouble Is, Favorite Place, Some Kind of Disaster, Clumsy, and Melancholy Kaleidoscope. 

• Upvote 2

just what i expected from these guys, solid album, loved it.

• Upvote 2

I'm definitely going to have to give this a listen, thanks!

rsz_1tapestry1000x-pad750x1000f8f8f8u1.jpg

so this is slightly biased since I LOVE ALL TIME LOW so much and adore each and every of the band members but I haven't listened to this whole thing yet but I listened to the singles out and monsters, just needed to see what it was because i was so scared that i would not like it and i do but i want to save the rest of the album for a listen when my vinyl comes in, but i am so excited it is nice and colorful feeling!! I love the summer vibes from this album so much its just GREAT I love this band with my whole heart and have no idea what i would do without them, future hearts and dirty work saved my life i love them so much

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2