serafina

Mick Gordon - Doom Eternal OST (Game-rip) (Unofficial) (2020)

19 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Thank you! I will spin the hell out of this until the official soundtrack comes out!

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

For those interested, I tried to find the tracks that are most like "metal" songs.

-Slayer Gates

-Super Gore Nest

-The Only Thing They Fear is You 1 & 2

-BFG 10,000

-Demons on Mars (it's more just super heavy industrial)

-Gladiator (again, heavy industrial)

-Creatures of Nekravol

-Refined Energy (industrial)

Thank you @serafina for sharing this cool project.

<3

was looking for a better alternative to youtube for this. some real jams.

Nice! I've been waiting for this! I plan to support Mick's work and buy it when it officially gets released. Both the score and game are EXCELLENT.

LOVE the game and the st is amazing. So happy we are getting single player dlc!! Im a little peeved tho they promised all deluxe pre orders get ST and doom 1,2,64 which i haven't received. Is it like the ST and just a delay?? Also bethesda saying the albums were not done yet thats why delay?? Thats odd. The game was delayed 6 months and the full album is in the game whats the issue? Typical bethesda. As far as the game, its great! doom 2016 showed me i can love video games again at an older age so my expectations were huge. I will say as much as im loving eternal i think i liked the more basic 2016 more. I just LOVED the simplicity. Eternal is wayyyy more of a chess match.

7 minutes ago, prsjunkie said:

LOVE the game and the st is amazing. So happy we are getting single player dlc!! Im a little peeved tho they promised all deluxe pre orders get ST and doom 1,2,64 which i haven't received. Is it like the ST and just a delay?? Also bethesda saying the albums were not done yet thats why delay?? Thats odd. The game was delayed 6 months and the full album is in the game whats the issue? Typical bethesda. As far as the game, its great! doom 2016 showed me i can love video games again at an older age so my expectations were huge. I will say as much as im loving eternal i think i liked the more basic 2016 more. I just LOVED the simplicity. Eternal is wayyyy more of a chess match.

The full songs and final mixing aren't actually in the game. The composer,  Mick Gordon, has a YT channel and last week he did a livestream explaining and showcasing some interesting stuff about DOOM Eternal's soundtrack. Long story short, what you hear in the game isn't really the fully structured and fully mixed songs (it is mixed to fit the context of the game, not for an actual listening experience), there's still work to be done to piece the songs together, the track order and the mixing so that it can be released as a full fledged album.

• Upvote 1

Mick is such a cool dude, probably seen all of his interviews and conferences. He's so passionate about music and knows a lot of fun stuff, truly an inspiration like no other. Can't wait for the official OST to hit streaming services, been listening to the game-rips ever since the game came out

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

bass boosted electro crap from overhyped game with dumb game mechanics

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 12

2 hours ago, NieR:Automata™ said:

He's so passionate about music

Funniest I saw was his comment on Baenas guitar cover of "The Only Thing They Fear Is You"
" Fun Fact: All those stupid "time signature changes" are a result of someone from marketing piecing this track together without any musical knowledge. "

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, NieR:Automata™ said:

Mick is such a cool dude, probably seen all of his interviews and conferences. He's so passionate about music and knows a lot of fun stuff, truly an inspiration like no other. Can't wait for the official OST to hit streaming services, been listening to the game-rips ever since the game came out

I knooow right, I watched his presentation for DOOM 2016 and he talked how he came up with most of the sounds using only a sine wave and overloading analogue gear to create natural and musical distortion, it blew my mind how much more I learned about music making, sound design and songwriting that day.

7 hours ago, Uncreation said:

Funniest I saw was his comment on Baenas guitar cover of "The Only Thing They Fear Is You"
" Fun Fact: All those stupid "time signature changes" are a result of someone from marketing piecing this track together without any musical knowledge. "

Yeah haha 

1 minute ago, RpgRiser said:

I knooow right, I watched his presentation for DOOM 2016 and he talked how he came up with most of the sounds using only a sine wave and overloading analogue gear to create natural and musical distortion, it blew my mind how much more I learned about music making, sound design and songwriting that day.

I know right? Using chainsaw as a replacement for guitar. Now thats some 5000 IQ shit

Well done Mick Gordon.

9 hours ago, LinaK said:

Q

I take it you're not a fan of DOOM.

Mick Gordon is a fucking god.

17 hours ago, LinaK said:

nice bait

1218015982_KLSigsmaller.jpg.ab4a9f73146d9c51a558272ed55040eb.jpg

On 3/27/2020 at 9:51 PM, LinaK said:

I agree, what happened to the good old days of taking Metallica and Pantera songs to turn them into midis? Only true 90s kids will understand.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

The purest, non-conformist jaded subhuman terrorist.

The new doom games are dope. I am also a fan of the old ones but holy shit id software knows how to make an actually fun single player game.

The Only Thing They Fear is You, Slayer's Time is Now, and BFG 10k fucking SLAP.

• Upvote 2