Chief

Igorrr - Spirituality and Distortion (2020)

23 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

I think the clip for Very Noise is my favorite piece of art of 2020­. Can't wait to listen to this.

• Upvote 2

jpUJCRq.gif

This record is batshit crazy and breaks every musical norm.  Easily one of the most ambitious and best records that will drop this year.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

This album is fucking insane.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Mr. Electric said:

This record is batshit crazy and breaks every musical norm.  Easily one of the most ambitious and best records that will drop this year.

uh honey Poppy already dropped her LP...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

Thx for the leak! Im only seven songs in, but i like it. There is one small problem: I thought, it would be "crazier" than this so far. Its solid Avant Garde Metal, with a few variations in it, but besides Very Noise, Nervous Waltz and Musette Maximum, everything is good and normal. Thats not a bad thing, but i really thought, i need a few listens to get into it.

Not as strong as the previous album upon first listen. But still great!

what in the holy hell was that music video I just watched?! Cause I loved it.

596608895_na2020newkl.png.cf55878107374737a11284053516e96b.png

9 hours ago, desk said:

uh honey Poppy already dropped her LP...

I'm not sure Poppy's LP was anything more than Poppy's voice over distorted guitars. I could be wrong though, if you have a constructed opinion about it, I'd be glad to hear ity :D

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Thanks for the leak! Was looking forward to this release and after a full playthrough, I am impressed and really like it. I like Savage Sinusoid better but this album is still great.

Really digging the song Paranoid Bulldozer Italiano.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kalthoreil said:

I'm not sure Poppy's LP was anything more than Poppy's voice over distorted guitars. I could be wrong though, if you have a constructed opinion about it, I'd be glad to hear ity :D

Nah man I was joking but there were enough people thinking that she did something wonderful and extremely ambitious and creative, that shit's fucking whack besides a few songs being top tier.

• Upvote 3

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

This is out to fucking lunch:o And you can't dance to it:dumbass:

Omg.... I think my brain just exploded... that music video is crazy & I never heard of this band.... gonna take a listen & tap into the unknown.

You Make Me Wanna Forget 

11 hours ago, desk said:

Nah man I was joking but there were enough people thinking that she did something wonderful and extremely ambitious and creative, that shit's fucking whack besides a few songs being top tier.

Whoopsie. My bad !

• Upvote 1

I'll take my seat here in the rear row on my battered bucked waiting for 320 leak.

320 added!

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Finally i can listen to it!! Had a hard time forcing myself not to do so.

• Upvote 1

I took my sweet time with this one as Igorrr is in a very special place for me. Igorrr continue his creative vision with his second album as a full band. Even if the early day's of Gautier Serre we're mostly as a "One mind band", we now have the confirmation that his ideas are better confirmed by a group of individual. The musical attribute that made the success of Igorrr are still there, but the vision is more focussed and presented with this controlled "chaos". The use of unorthodox instruments (qanun, oud) compliment the album as well with the already known attribute presented in previous release (Screaming, Opera, accordion, baroque, etc). This album is very coherent and complementary with the rest of Igorrr discography and reenforce his place as a very unique metal producer and talented individual. Thy Catafalque and Igorrr are going to be my Avante-Garde Metal duo this year for sure.

• Upvote 1

FLAC added!

I'm pretty sure there's not much, maybe even at all, this year that's going to top the experience of going from a Breakcore/Metal song with Corpsegrinder doing vocals on to a fucking Polka with blastbeats song. I still can't get over how amazing that is. Could see this album being in my top ten for the year, it's pretty damn mind bending, as I would want a release that goes deep into Breakcore. Matter of fact, you might as well call this stuff Venetian Snares Metal at that point, lol.

• Upvote 2

The purest, non-conformist jaded subhuman terrorist.

what. the. fuck.

I love it.

Randomly found Very Noise as a suggestion and I NEED TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THAT !