Floki

Bands that you've heard a long time ago and wanna hear them again!

59 posts in this topic

@Kapital Yes Sir, All Shall Perish absolutely! Now i wouldn't throw Greeley Estates on this list because they had a nice EP released in 2017. From First To Last had 2 new songs with Sonny in the past two years so that's iffy

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Ossy33xxx said:

@Kapital Yes Sir, All Shall Perish absolutely! Now i wouldn't throw Greeley Estates on this list because they had a nice EP released in 2017. From First To Last had 2 new songs with Sonny in the past two years so that's iffy

Yeah the singles were decent but I want another Dead Trees like album. All shall Perish really needs to make a return though. Eddie seemed more like himself with them but who knows if it'll ever happen again. 

Another great one is Job for a Cowboy. Sun Eater was so fucking good but they never toured for the album and just dropped from the face of the earth. 

• Love 1

Ever Forthright, The Human Abstract, The Contortionist pre-Language, Slice the Cake, Ovid's Withering (i know the one guy was a sex pervert but the loss of that band left a hole in my heart), and i know it's not technically been that long since Phanerozoic I but god do i wish The Ocean would start teasing Phanerozoic II already

e: ahahaha oh my god terraphage happened i thought they were dead

• Upvote 1

Letter Kills, The Wedding, Chronic Future, Sunny Day Real Estate, FM Static, The Click Five, Upon This Dawning, Hopes Die Last.

• Love 1

efd579f974c7fed3ec56af4fde781d73.jpg

I See the End, The Last of Our Kind, Hester Prynne.

how can i forget IT DIES TODAY. that one new song in 2014 was such a tease

1 hour ago, Jericho_Miranda said:

Letter Kills, The Wedding, Chronic Future, Sunny Day Real Estate, FM Static, The Click Five, Upon This Dawning, Hopes Die Last.

Oh man I absolutely LOVED Letter Kills and The Wedding especially since both bands ended up sharing the same singer. I also had liked the original singer for The Wedding too. I really miss Letter Kills though, its a shame they only had that one album The Bridge. 

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Lord Kingdom said:

(GD era) Hands Like Houses
Incredible Me

Like Monroe

Idlehands

Cinsera

The New Age

Saint The Sinner

From First To Last

Cover Your Tracks

Darke Complex

Keep Your Hands Off My Girl

Isles & Glaciers

Alive In The Lights

Alive Like Me

This Romantic Tragedy

I Wish We Were Robots

Worthwhile

Broadway

Myka Relocate

Survive This

There For Tomorrow

Time Traveler

the list goes on 😩

Totally forgot about Myka Relocate also :/

1 hour ago, Jericho_Miranda said:

Oh I found out that Matt Shelton the singer from Letter Kills and The Wedding he is a pastor at a church in Fort Worth, Texas and has another band called Panther City Riots 

• Love 1

The Venetia Fair. ='(

50 minutes ago, RockinXander said:

Oh I found out that Matt Shelton the singer from Letter Kills and The Wedding he is a pastor at a church in Fort Worth, Texas and has another band called Panther City Riots 

I thought Letter Kills will have a comeback, they did create an instagram page of the band. At first I thought it could be a reunion tour, but never heard any progress with that from the band. Still hoping they would do some touring again. I also agree with your comments about The Wedding. I also enjoy listening with both singers. 

I also remember looking for an existing download of Distance EP by The Wedding. Took me a week to found a download. EP is an absolute fire. Hope we get a reunion and possible new material in the future.

• Love 1

28 minutes ago, Jericho_Miranda said:

I thought Letter Kills will have a comeback, they did create an instagram page of the band. At first I thought it could be a reunion tour, but never heard any progress with that from the band. Still hoping they would do some touring again. I also agree with your comments about The Wedding. I also enjoy listening with both singers. 

I also remember looking for an existing download of Distance EP by The Wedding. Took me a week to found a download. EP is an absolute fire. Hope we get a reunion and possible new material in the future.

Well on Matt's actual Facebook profile it does have Letter Kills listed from their start date to present... So maybe it could still be a hint of things to come eventually. His current project just got their debut album fully funded through Kickstarter and has a projected release of sometime in May I believe of this year. 

• Love 1

54 minutes ago, RockinXander said:

Well on Matt's actual Facebook profile it does have Letter Kills listed from their start date to present... So maybe it could still be a hint of things to come eventually. His current project just got their debut album fully funded through Kickstarter and has a projected release of sometime in May I believe of this year. 

Will check that debut album by Matt's current band. Still happy that he's still doing music. :)

• Love 1

For me it's Poison The Well. Their last 3 albums are absolutely amazing (even though it's usually their first that is most praised).

Man, I just want Bradley to leave Emarosa and bring Squid the Whale back :/ Such a good band

Heart in Hands

For all those Sleeping

Miss May I

Adept

Placebo

all of these 2013-years-heavy-stuff. It was such a perfect time for music to taste. sempiternal-era, Architects starting to be which we know them now, some romanticised-lyrics rockbands like Placebo or Hands like Houses, and of course that sadboy-emo mhc like Hands like Houses. That was the perfect time for sure.

Also For Today, Silent Screams, Sink the Ship, Abandon All Ships, Come The Dawn (2014 version not American Sin), Cold Black, Fear & Wonder, His Statue Falls, Jamies's Elsewhere (first comment haha), old Light Up The Sky, Oceans Red, I Wish We Were Robots, Sienna Skies and more bands. Man these were one of the best!!! Hope to see them really soon!!! I don't know if they were broken or not but it would be awesome.

• Upvote 1

Alive In Standby

One Year Later

will post more when they come up on shuffle.

• Upvote 1

1c10a72c9c1f1d5ceb0bdb84ca32666c.png

Heaven Shall Burn

the last time I heard them was probably around the time when I started with metalcore (maybe 2005/2006)

they reached #1 with their new one in the album charts here in germany

Anatomy Of A Ghost 

Gatsby's American Dream 

A Change Of Pace 

A Heartwell Ending 

It Dies Today 

Akissforjersey 

A Rocket To The Moon 

Waking Ashland 

Between The Trees 

After Midnight Project 

Agraceful 

Anadivine 

Brandston 

Reeve Oliver 

Dogwood 

Noise Ratchet 

Rufio 

Artist Vs Poet 

Amely 

Automatic Loveletter 

Autopilot Off 

Better Luck Next Time 

Bleach Blonde 

Blinded Black 

October Fall 

Broadway 

Bruised But Not Broken 

Blessed By A Broken Heart 

alesana seems to be a forgotten band which i think is ridiculous they're too good

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, thephoenix2112 said:

alesana seems to be a forgotten band which i think is ridiculous they're too good

Supposedly they are actually active still and are currently writing for a new album. 

• Upvote 1

Head Automatica

"I had a dream I got everything I wanted; and if I'm being honest, it might have been a nightmare."

The Beatles

19 hours ago, From Autumn To Ashes said:

Heaven Shall Burn

the last time I heard them was probably around the time when I started with metalcore (maybe 2005/2006)

they reached #1 with their new one in the album charts here in germany

You know Heaven Shall Burn has been releasing music regularly since, let alone, just released a new double album, Of Truth And Sacrifice, right?

• Upvote 1

The purest, non-conformist jaded subhuman terrorist.

2 hours ago, Edgekrvzher said:

You know Heaven Shall Burn has been releasing music regularly since, let alone, just released a new double album, Of Truth And Sacrifice, right?

that's not what I meant with my post

and I wrote that they reached no. 1 with their newest album

On 3/29/2020 at 1:09 AM, From Autumn To Ashes said:

that's not what I meant with my post

and I wrote that they reached no. 1 with their newest album

My bad, with the thread being about bands that haven't made music in a while, I misread your post.

Also, I wouldn't be mad if Portishead made one more album before disappearing forever.

The purest, non-conformist jaded subhuman terrorist.