mR12

The Weeknd - After Hours (Deluxe) (2020)

59 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, TomoLust said:

This man really needs to turn those Starboy Sessions demos into real songs for a new project; talking tracks like I Wanna Feel You, Lonely Thoughts, Wanna Know A Secret, Quatre Neuf, How Will I Know, etc.. Those would have been fucking classics if he finished and released them. I was really hoping back in 2018 that those songs would have been on My Dear Melancholy or the rumored sequel to it.

Still hoping. The Ep's title ends with a comma so that's something to hold on to. Also agree with @TylerDurden about Kiss Land. He had a good idea in mind with it but didn't execute it properly. This one's better execute but damn is the sound lacking any depth. Let's hope for the next one, eh? 

• Confused 1

Other Releases by

15 minutes ago, BrickFace said:

Once again spot on

how about you form your own opinion, fuccboi

• Haha 4

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

On 3/20/2020 at 9:21 AM, desk said:

Holy fuck, the album takes like 4 songs (not Alone Again) to start pumping but after that it's banger after banger and his most consistently great music since the trilogy. I'm amazed at how much I enjoy everything starting with Snowblind/Escape From LA. The production, the synths, the general vibe of nearly every track here is just so smooth and incredible. I also DEFINITELY did not expect for this to feel so cohesive in sound, Starboy had some incredible bangers but it was such a fucking mess it's crazy.

He could've made the initial tracks buzz a bit more or just straight up cut some of them out for arguably his best release yet..?

Couldnt disagree more. This album is ass. First 4 songs are good tho

• Love 1
  • Downvote 1

Unbenannt.PNG.608ad8c221b6dcec8081cab805b2cf99.PNG

safasf.PNG.e0506e2343bf8ef53aad43fb48ead36c.PNG

Finally got around to listening to this. It's not bad! I particularly liked Blinding Lights, In Your Eyes, and Save Your Tears; they retain that Starboy synthpop sound.

I liked about as much as I thought I would from here so I'm satisfied!

Thanks!

"I had a dream I got everything I wanted; and if I'm being honest, it might have been a nightmare."

This was really good. A really cool experience from start to beginning. Personally love the second half just for some more of those 80’s synths. But definitely would recommend giving it a listen. 

This album is one part cocaine-fueled night in Las Vegas and one part  Xanax dream in Avalon. 

Too Late, Snowchild, Escape From LA, Faith, In Your Eyes, Repeat After Me, After Hours and Until I Bleed Out are good.

• Haha 1

Deluxe does not have a download link

edit: fixed

1 minute ago, The Weeknd said:

Deluxe does not have a download link

correct, it was changed like 3 minutes ago, give it a minute

• Upvote 1

Bonus/extra tracks added!

Ci9F4aT.jpg      bCKeHSZ.jpg      obsJ5Mr.jpg      bjt89HR.jpg
*Requests are reserved for Donators only. To learn about donating or donator perks, please visit this link.*
**Interested in becoming a Provider? Visit this link to find out how!**

R.I.P. Kyle Pavone 
June 5, 1990 - August 25, 2018

"Will I be remembered or will I be lost in loving eyes?"

I've never listened to The Weeknd much, I've enjoyed a lot of of his singles but nothing outside House of Balloons really stuck with me for whatever reason. However, I do love this album, there's a lot of great songs here and it has a pretty consistent mood and energy that I appreciate too. It does start a bit slow, which put me off on my first listen, but the midsection of this album is littered with bangers that brought me back and got the album to click on my second listen. Might have to finally listen to the other two albums from the Trilogy series next (taking Tomolust's suggestion about getting the originals from DatPiff into consideration, of course).

• Love 1

On 3/21/2020 at 6:21 AM, BrickFace said:

Couldnt disagree more. This album is ass. First 4 songs are good tho

You think new Dream on Dreamer is good. That says enough about how your opinions should be taken. 

Albums great, to those with a good taste. ;)

7 hours ago, whydididothis said:

You think new Dream on Dreamer is good. That says enough about how your opinions should be taken. 

i mean i think this album and dream on, dreamer are both good soooo maybe don't be a pretentious gatekeeper <3

klsig.png.729dbece4a6cd4d8ccf4d56b60aa08e2.png

7 hours ago, whydididothis said:

Relax, Abel, he's joking. He previously said he likes the album a lot :)

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

I've been looking forward to the release since I heard the first singles. Let's check it out, thanks!

On 3/23/2020 at 3:44 PM, whydididothis said:

Might as well delete your account again

Unbenannt.PNG.608ad8c221b6dcec8081cab805b2cf99.PNG

safasf.PNG.e0506e2343bf8ef53aad43fb48ead36c.PNG

Did not give a fuck about Deluxe until I saw "Vaporwave Remix (feat. Lil Uzi Vert)". Now this I have to hear.

• Haha 1

Ayo can we get them new tracks tho?

• Love 1

Actually hold off on the new tracks until Friday, looks like he's adding one more and rearranging things a little bit.

8 hours ago, TomoLust said:

Actually hold off on the new tracks until Friday, looks like he's adding one more and rearranging things a little bit.

Where did you get that he's adding one more? He said final lullaby is the last one. Seems it's more just to organize and separate the songs from the remixes.

1 hour ago, MarcFoucault98 said:

Where did you get that he's adding one more? He said final lullaby is the last one. Seems it's more just to organize and separate the songs from the remixes.

There was a "blue suit" song that got leaked a few days ago IIRC. I forget what it's called, but it's not one of the new bonus tracks.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, TomoLust said:

There was a "blue suit" song that got leaked a few days ago IIRC. I forget what it's called, but it's not one of the new bonus tracks.

He said on Twitter that the blue album wasn't true. Did it 'leak' from his Instagram live videos? He's probably just working on new stuff during quarantine. I hope he drops some more songs, but I'm not expecting it, he's already given us more than we could ask for, but still more music from Abel is always welcome.

Uploaded the deluxe deluxe edition 

• Love 1

On 4/2/2020 at 4:28 PM, Summers said:

Uploaded the deluxe deluxe edition 

I'm not sure if it's been noted, but i believe the newly updated Deluxe Edition is the clean version.

anyone got the explicit version of the album with the bonus songs/remixes ?

Fixed it, didn't realise he split the remixes and the actual songs my bad

• Upvote 1

Couple good songs, otherwise this was a bore