Summers

Childish Gambino - 3.15.20 (2020)

30 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Thanks for the effort and organization of this all

Reordered tracklist, VBR V3 (~170), temporary art until something official surfaces.

1c10a72c9c1f1d5ceb0bdb84ca32666c.png

Listened through all songs at least twice and listened to the thing from start to end at least once starting with Warlords and I am definitely a big fan of most of it. It really does feel like a great blend of his BTI and Awaken music along with the songs he started dropping 1-2 years ago, plus the highly electronic parts are really fucking cool and seem to be produced so nicely. I just want the finished product to be up in proper 320kbps on Spotify or something. Might be his best yet even.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

will wait for official release. (if it ever happens)

5 minutes ago, ae fanboi 7\ said:

will wait for official release. (if it ever happens)

it’s already out on soundcloud

I thought he said he was done making music

What a pleasant surprise. Ive been looking for this since I heard about it, thanks for the upload

Where’s Human Sacrifice!? Please tell me it’s just renamed.

@TomoLust not on this :/ though the rumour is that this isn't the full album, so 🤞🤞

YOOOO WTF IS HAPPENING AAAAH

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, tastyiphones said:

@TomoLust not on this :/ though the rumour is that this isn't the full album, so 🤞🤞

I'm getting some Frank Ocean - Endless vibes from this rollout. Something bigger is for sure coming.

4 hours ago, neebnoob18 said:

I thought he said he was done making music

From this release, I think that meant he was retiring the Childish Gambino name (maybe as a way of getting out of his contract with RCA?)

• Upvote 1

man, that's gotta be Kaytranada at least helping out on production on 'To Be Beautiful', or else Glover's doing a pretty damn good job imitating that sound.  Either way, dig this release, thanks for it.

Oh fuck. Just what we need. 

Childish Landino at it again!

somebody please fix the link it wont download

did he flag it? copyright? I cant find it anywhere what happend

3.15.20 by Childish Gambino

what a moment in history. review coming soon (i know i said that about no future but that album wasn't worth the hype :/)

here's a picture that was posted on the 'donald glover presents' website

d-note.jpg

• Upvote 2

klsig.png.729dbece4a6cd4d8ccf4d56b60aa08e2.png

I thought the album opening with Warlods and ending with Thank You really was the legit tracklist but apparently the one that starts with "We Are" and Algorythm is the real one, I guess it works thinking that the second to last song closes out the album with his children speaking (very cute moment) about love and other things and then the actual closer (53.49) is a much more grander and aggressive way of going out. I guess I can get used to this one too with a few listens.

Either way, after listening to both this and the previously leaked version at least 2-3 times each, I think this is easily his magnum opus, and ultimately collides his previous two albums, recent singles/ideas with some refreshing greatness as well, and yet I feel conflicted about the general vibe of this album, at parts it's trying really hard at being more electronic, ethereal, tribalistic (basically Yeezus shit but refreshed in 2020) and I love everything about that, then he goes for more relaxed alt rnb/hip-hop vibes and I am also very much on board and feel like it blends in nicely between the previously mentioned aesthetic, but then the fucking Little Foot Big Foot shit starts and I'm not sure where that fits in the big picture of this project, maybe the general idea was exactly to try and blend as many eras and ideas of 'bino and making that eclectic "mess" work, well, it did for the most part.

As a huge fan of BTI (a bit too long but generally underrated as fuck) and less of Awaken My Love, I would've preferred him to go off with more aggression (it worked for This Is America beautifully) instead of more relaxed grooves, but can't expect that to happen 7 years later I guess.

• Upvote 1

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

Was really hoping for an official release this last Friday. Has anyone heard anymore about a release date?

14 minutes ago, OrcaSmuggler said:

Was really hoping for an official release this last Friday. Has anyone heard anymore about a release date?

It dropped about five hours ago.

• Love 1

45 minutes ago, penispump said:

It dropped about five hours ago.

Thank you! I didn’t even realize it!

Is this the same as the official release?

320 added! Updated track list too

Great Album, but why didn't he just keep the titles of the songs instead of the time in which they are played. I mean Algorythm and Time are good but the rest are just confusing

There's definitely gotta still be something missing from the puzzle. It's such an odd rollout, like I said above, it's reminding me of Endless. I'd reckon something else is gonna happen next Sunday too. Even the name of this being the date of the website premiere date, most of the songs being timestamps for titles including a song that's been released and had a name for well over a year, but two songs not having timestamped names...something seems up, like we are still missing something.

A few listens into it and i can only enjoy the last track.

• Upvote 1