mR12

Code Orange - Underneath (Japanese Deluxe) (2020)

87 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

LET'S SWALLOW THE FUCKIN RABBIT WHOLE

giphy (2).gif

Now finally the waits over, thank you! 

Yes. This is gonna be huge!

Yo, check out my vocal covers! :)

https://soundcloud.com/maagh

Sorry my dick is out now

• Upvote 1

I still remember when Reba was my crush and I keep rocking Code Orange Kids shirt while doing work, thank you for this new album :)

• Upvote 1

Initial impression is this is easily their most impressive album, and Reba really shines on this one.  I'm loving how diverse and unpredictable it is.

You and You Alone goes absolutely hard, dayyummn

In a way, I was kinda spooked by Sulfur Surrounding (really didnt like that one, even tho I had no issue with UNDERNEATH) and nearly cancelled my vinyl pre-order, but now I am kinda stoked again for it arriving tomorrow (hopefully).

Thanks alot. 

Stayed up all night to listen to this, already preordered but I had to listen. Thank you so much!!! ❤❤❤

In Fear - What a Banger!

• Upvote 3

Yo, check out my vocal covers! :)

https://soundcloud.com/maagh

After listening to the whole album, I can most certainly tell you my album of the year. 👍

• Upvote 3

WOW! What A Fucking Album. Cannot wait for my pre order to get here.

This is insane. So unpredictable

• Upvote 1

I never understood how people are so into this band. Like what am i missing? 😂🤔

• Downvote 9

@Direngrey555666 i wouldn't say i hate them but i dont see the reason for all the hype. Maybe ill give them another shot at some point, who knows

An ambitious album for sure. Really intrigued by what this band did on these tracks. Every song is very experimental and has something that takes you by surprise. Personally, I'm a fan of the industrial & digital touch. Lots of cool glitches/skips, ambiance, sound effects, etc. All of those textures & details really remind you that what you're listening to isn't your average metal, hardcore, industrial, or whatever the hell you want to call it, record. It's a perfectly confusing, overwhelming, and chaotic mess, and it's damn near perfect. I only have one complaint, which seems to be how it was mastered. The difference in punch or impact between the samples/effects and instruments (drums, bass, guitar) is a bit underwhelming, and maybe a bit distracting. Overall though, I will for sure revisit this. Loving how unique some of these core bands are becoming.

Favorite Tracks: Cold.Metal.Place & Back Inside the Glass

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

This album is such a ride. You really have no idea what to expect at every single transition on this thing, it really keeps you on your toes with all the weird computer sounds and glitching, tempo changes, style changes, and experimentation. For every song that goes absolutely ballistic and destroys everything, there’s a song to give you a bit of a melancholic cooldown. I really don’t think theres a song on here that doesn’t belong on here, despite it being 14 songs long. Easily gets my first perfect score in like a year and a half, 10/10. 

Favorite songs: Swallowing the Rabbit Whole, You and You Alone, Cold.Metal.Place, Sulfur Surrounding, Erasure Scan, and Back Inside the Glass. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

I only listened through once with many distractions at work but I didn't expect most of this to be as impressive as it ended up being. For the most part it's just an abrasive onslaught upon the ears and one of the coolest takes on Alt.metal/Hardcore I've ever heard. Can't wait to relisten to this with a proper set-up and volume. They have definitely outdid themselves here, and the album feels much more cohesive than Forever imo.

• Upvote 1

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

THIS IS REAL NOW

• Upvote 2

rymacc 2.png last fm acc 2.png

Everything about this album is spectacular. This is some next level shit truly. Code Orange created something special. This fully deserves to be AOTY or at the very least in the top 3 of most lists.

• Upvote 1

20181026_wss_header_desktop.jpg

bro this is fucking amazing so far what the fuck

• Haha 2

Theres so much to dissect and take in on this album. Its fucking great though, blows away their last album. 

• Upvote 1

http://www.facebook.com/DosesNJ

New Self Titled EP out now on all streaming platforms!
http://linktr.ee/Doses

more noise and random sounds to pretend to be unique

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6
  • Downvote 5

My early view is that I think this is mostly very good and I commend the band for their ambition, however I think there is still room for this band to grow with regards the incorporation of the glitchier elements which sometimes feel a bit misguided and detracting from the experience, rather than something dangerous which keeps you on edge. I'd stop short of saying they feel "tacked on" but there could be better synergy throughout. For me, the standout moments on this album are on the Reba focused tracks such as Who I Am, Sulfur Surrounding and Autumn and Carbine - love that Alice in Chains inspired vibe with a "harder" modern edge to it. 

10 minutes ago, LinaK said:

more noise and random sounds to pretend to be unique

Well, they don't need to pretend to be unique, because they are

Peace and fall down the rabbit hole with us

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1