967-EVIL

Hands Like Houses - Headrush [Single] (2020)

53 posts in this topic

This is kind of shit. Anon was pretty far from what i want from them, Dissonants was mostly pretty boring, but this just isn't me. 

Also, the start/chorus is 100% a rip-off of TATU. Pretty fucking awful. https://youtu.be/8mGBaXPlri8?t=22

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Other Releases by

Holy shit this is some legit annoying garbo

Man its so depressing to see a band fall this hard. Unimagine and reimagine were masterpieces and this is what they've become.

I'm going to give these guys there benefit of the doubt and not acuse them of being soulless sellouts.. but they're going down a path I can't follow, they're breaking my heart.  

ok im glad im not the only one hating this.

5 hours ago, desk said:

I can't believe I used to think Dissonants is an underwhelming album in comparison to Ground Dweller or Unimagine, but they somehow managed to lose all possible creativity with this and most of Anon.

Now this I can agree with. 

• Love 1

Bit repetitive but if they keep going with this sound I'd be happy with it. Pretty catchy!

Deadlights_-_Bathed_In_Venom_(Official_Music_Video).gif.7ce3a3ed3448ae83c213866ef79aa30e.gif

When The Wombats went for that 90's alt rock style it worked because they were already a pop band. This....I yeah.....

And if anyone still has yet to listen to Time, the Valuator, do yourself a favor and check out what HLH should have (personally) turned into: 

• Upvote 2

Yikes, this is really bad. This is the final nail in the coffin imo; their days of making actual interesting music are completely gone now.

2 hours ago, ggl3dde said:

When The Wombats went for that 90's alt rock style it worked because they were already a pop band. This....I yeah.....

And if anyone still has yet to listen to Time, the Valuator, do yourself a favor and check out what HLH should have (personally) turned into: 

I was listening to them like, an hour ago. Their debut is phenomenal.

• Upvote 1

ITT: Band changed song bad band dead to me

But really, I think this is catchy and decent pop rock. Looking forward to an album hopefully attached to this!

"I had a dream I got everything I wanted; and if I'm being honest, it might have been a nightmare."

This was a miss for me, not a bad song just not really my style. Too poppy

I said it in my YouTube comment but why the hell has Trenton started to reign his vocals in and only sing in this one boring note for the majority of their newer stuff? Like as someone who didn't mind a couple of songs off Anon purely based off the vocal performance this just hurt to listen to.

This has the exact same problem that monster had, where it sounds like it was written for the advertisement market e.g Ford or Jeep. like I really can't see myself buying an album of this

• Upvote 1

klbanneredo-min.png

6 hours ago, BlueWallOfDeath said:

I said it in my YouTube comment but why the hell has Trenton started to reign his vocals in and only sing in this one boring note for the majority of their newer stuff? Like as someone who didn't mind a couple of songs off Anon purely based off the vocal performance this just hurt to listen to.

This has the exact same problem that monster had, where it sounds like it was written for the advertisement market e.g Ford or Jeep. like I really can't see myself buying an album of this

this.

Woodley has proven so many times in the past he has an insane range, and a diverse one at that, but it feels like he’s afraid to use it now and it’s really frustrating 

sounds like they’ve all been listening to too much jane’s addiction 

• Upvote 1

yeah epic

Man this is depressing. HLH used to be appointment listening for me after Ground Dweller. Unimagine, Reimagine and Disonnants were all great, how the hell did they turn into this? Trenton sounds like he's been force fed sleeping pills before recording lately and all the instrumental punch is gone.

I don't fault anyone for liking this, to each their own, but HLH could've put out ten great records using the sound they had, changing to this was nowhere near a necessary "growth." 

Hang on, Fall Out Boys changed name ? I think I missed something there 

So bad. I didn't even want to finish it.

Complete trash. Trenton's vocals sound awful, instrumentals are cookie cutter, song is boring as fuck and doesn't even have a catchy melody. I can't believe this is the same band that put out Ground Dweller and Unimagine. It's like they decided to get rid of everything and anything that made them sound unique and interesting in order to make car commercial music.

I'm not saying this band should make the same album over and over but this isn't musical progression, this is musical regression. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

this is def a rip off of all the things she said by T.a.t.u.

On 3/9/2020 at 8:07 AM, Scotty_Trees said:

I fell in love with their first three albums right away (Ground Dweller, Unimagine, and Dissonants), and always loved their vocalist and the music really drove me deep into their atmospheric rock or whatever you might call it. All I know is I definitely liked it. However, I just never could get myself into Anon. though I sure did try. And this new single appears to continue the same direction. I'm not saying it's bad, but this bands older efforts did it for me and this new direction makes me feel like I'm simply outgrown them, or perhaps they've outgrown me. Either way, you do you Hands like Houses, you do you.

I completely agree.

• Upvote 1

ezgif.com-resize.gif

Jesus Christ it's like the 90's threw up all over Trenton. The first three albums were so innovative and imaginative and this shit just sucks.

• Upvote 2

banner.jpg

I've been around for a minute.

And to those wondering, there is no album coming out. Trenton replies to that question on Facebook, that there will not be a new album but “more songssss”.

• Sad 1

1c10a72c9c1f1d5ceb0bdb84ca32666c.png

The free fall continues.... insanely boring for musicians capable of much more