967-EVIL

Hands Like Houses - Headrush [Single] (2020)

53 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Thanks! People will probably hate this because it's not post-hardcore, but I think this band makes great pop rock too. That said this is decent sounds like an Anon b-side.

• Upvote 2

RnmmCRF.gif

Honestly pretty catchy! Post-Hardcore tag is misleading, but none the less still good.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 3

1c10a72c9c1f1d5ceb0bdb84ca32666c.png

Damn good 

Good track. Thanks!

• Upvote 1

I fell in love with their first three albums right away (Ground Dweller, Unimagine, and Dissonants), and always loved their vocalist and the music really drove me deep into their atmospheric rock or whatever you might call it. All I know is I definitely liked it. However, I just never could get myself into Anon. though I sure did try. And this new single appears to continue the same direction. I'm not saying it's bad, but this bands older efforts did it for me and this new direction makes me feel like I'm simply outgrown them, or perhaps they've outgrown me. Either way, you do you Hands like Houses, you do you.

• Upvote 1

Sounds like the punk/nu-metal radio play songs that came out in the early 2000's. 

I loved their first album and a decent chunk of the second and third but am not into anon or this style at all. There's plently of bands doing similar stuff to old HLH though so I'm not upset over them doing this new style. I just wont be following anymore, unless someone tells me they drop something super innovative or that sounds more like their older records.

• Upvote 8

I wish I liked this but I really can't get into it

• Upvote 5

this is the exact progression I didn’t want them to make after anon, but it’s alright I guess 

fairly catchy, not particularly bad, just wish they leaned more into their classic sound 

• Upvote 5

The comments make me sad :(

• Sad 1

I'm terrified to listen this to be totally honest with you

Edit : Yup, it's as bad as i thought, maybe even worse. It could almost be a soundtrack for an animation movie

• Haha 2

STYGKL_1.gif

I dig it. Their first three albums are still my favorite, but they are quite good at making catchy alt rock. This song is a major earworm.

what

the

fuck

is

this

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4

tssf.jpg

Why does the album art have Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory on it?

Not a fan of this style, I'm super picky when it comes to melodies in this style of music. I can't get into it no matter how hard I try. 

http://www.facebook.com/DosesNJ

New Self Titled EP out now on all streaming platforms!
http://linktr.ee/Doses

I will say that for the sound that it is representing it's not bad, but this style of music is not something that interests me at all.

309870369_nar02.png.0d873f258f0838c2011e001a4b8d3643.png

New Review Every Week!

It actually sounds a lot better than the live version, great production, catchy song. My major gripe however is that it's a HLH song

rymacc 2.png last fm acc 2.png

I’ve been into this band since Ground Dweller released in 2012, and I do enjoy EVERYTHING they’ve put out over the years, though some things a lot more than others.

As a stand-alone song, this is quite catchy and I dig it, I’ll more than likely find myself listening to this on repeat for the next week or two... but the one thing that bums me out is that ultimately, this is Hands Like Houses, and I can’t help but feel like I wish they headed down a different path instead.

I actually liked Anon, despite it probably being my least favourite of their four records, and I enjoyed the fact that it was relatively experimental with a few different sounds mixed in there... guess I’m just a little bit disappointed that THIS is the sound they chose to follow-up on, in spite of all the other various sounds from that record. 

This style of music is something that I don’t listen to at all, and if this was a brand new band with a debut single, for example, I probably wouldn’t give it the time of day so maybe I’m just a little biased towards these guys. I’m going to keep listening for a few days and hope that this grows on me more, but I really, really hope that they have more in store for us than this on LP5, otherwise I’m going to be very disappointed

• Upvote 2

Creak - Recluse

CREAK - RECLUSE:

https://youtu.be/PNpX2jiYYLU

FFO: LOATHE, LOTUS EATER, ALPHA WOLF

lastfm_black.gif.91f8144a457ece93c6601c67606c1d82.gif

I can't get into this at all. Really sad that this is what they're deciding to do with the band.

This is actually pretty damn decent for what it is. There is alot more people here who like this compared to the people who just want to hate.

• Love 1

They will never be able to top their Debut or Unimagine, and that makes me incredibly sad.

Legit what happened after Dissonants (which is also a very high quality album)? The quality took an extreme dip out of nowhere. I like this but these guys are too talented to be putting out music like this

I genuinely wish I could love radio rock hands like houses but I just can't do it. 😩

I really, really can't stand the vocals at all in this or get into this at all.

Chorus sounds like modern Fall Out Boy and the verses just aren't engaging.

Holy shit. Anon was already pretty bad but now they're truly beyond saving

• Upvote 2

Unbenannt.PNG.608ad8c221b6dcec8081cab805b2cf99.PNG

safasf.PNG.e0506e2343bf8ef53aad43fb48ead36c.PNG

Hmmmmm ok not really bad, but not i really expected. Waiting for something really big from them.

I can't believe I used to think Dissonants is an underwhelming album in comparison to Ground Dweller or Unimagine, but they somehow managed to lose all possible creativity with this and most of Anon.

• Upvote 1

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

I don’t care that this isn’t post hardcore, but what the fuck did Trevor do to his voice. Either he started smoking 3 packs a day, or he’s doing his best impression of my grandpa

• Haha 4

It's so wrong and unfortunate that I actually got used to stop listening so easily to bands I used to actually fucking love
I am all in for pop, pop-punk, I mean FUCK genres but this hurts my soul

• Upvote 3