967-EVIL

My Dying Bride - The Ghost of Orion (2020)

8 posts in this topic

XffGtdH.jpg

Leaked
Release - March 6, 2020
Genre - Doom Metal
Quality - MP3, 320 kbps CBR / FLAC

Tracklist:

01. Your Broken Shore (7:41)
02. To Outlive the Gods (7:55)
03. Tired of Tears (8:35)
04. The Solace (5:51)
05. The Long Black Land (9:59)
06. The Ghost of Orion (3:30)
07. The Old Earth (1:31)
08. Your Woven Shore (2:09)

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

Been refreshing this site all week waiting for this one! My stupid local store won't even have it in tomorrow. Thank you!

just like @Bleak5170 , been visiting KL's RSS feed for that album, and still missed it there, but thanks to Trending Leaks header. Great album cover!

1 hour ago, Vloof said:

just like @Bleak5170 , been visiting KL's RSS feed for that album, and still missed it there, but thanks to Trending Leaks header. Great album cover!

Great cover and great album. One of the best they've ever done IMHO.

Its good, not great.

13 albums in and MDB can still pull off what they are known for, powerfully sorrowful vocals accompanied by equally as melancholic violin and heavy on your soul crushing riffs, at least that's what they can potentially do on a great album. The closest they came to any of that here was the album opener " Your Broken Shore". Perhaps the bar is raised with a band of this caliber, as it should be, but nothing here immediately stood out as impressive. Ive only heard the album front to back one time, but I am aware that like most other MDB albums they require a few listens to grow on me. This one seems to be lacking substantial riffs and seemingly replaced them with even more violin, and the interludes just didn't work for me at all, instantly deleted for future playthroughs. Overall its still new MDB and for that I'm grateful, even more so if your aware of the bands personal crisis. Despite all that even their mediocre is better than 85% of other doom releases you'll likely come across.

i would completely subscribe to what @Diet Indulgence said. One week past my first listen and I can't say the album left something like a memorable aftertaste, I need a few more listens.

FLAC added!

FEATURED ALBUM • THE COLOURIST // SELF-TITLED • Indie Rock
DOWNLOAD